Daily Devotional

This space is provided in honor Joe Brooks and Coon Hunters For Christ. The PKC membership is happy to pray for you in a time of need.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Ronnie W. Stark
City, State: Water Valley, MS
PKC Member Since: 30 May 1990
Annual Membership Expires: 15 Nov 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $3,480

Re: Daily Devotional

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:56 am

Shaped to Make a Difference

Worship God by Using Your Gifts
By Rick Warren — 04/25/2021

“My Father is glorified and honored by this, when you bear much fruit.”

John 15:8 (AMP)

When you use the gifts God has given you, it’s an act of worship.

What makes God smile? Some people think God only smiles when you’re praying, singing praises, or going to church. The truth is, God smiles when you use the gifts he’s given you.

When you’re doing what you were wired and shaped to do, it’s like God says, “That’s so cool! I created them to do that!”

When Eric Liddell, a devout Christian, represented Great Britain in track events during the 1924 Olympics, he said, “God made me fast. And when I run, I feel His pleasure.”

God shaped some people to run. He shaped others to race bikes or surf. They’re just good at it. I think when God looks at them, he says, “That is so cool! I made the wave. I made the surfer. This is cool.”

You don’t have to always be doing something “spiritual” to bring God glory. Any time you’re using God’s gifts for his glory, it’s worship.

But God has given specific spiritual gifts too. He’s gifted some people for teaching the Bible, while others make a big difference serving behind the scenes. Some people are great evangelists while others help fellow Christians hear God’s voice more clearly.

The Bible says, “My Father is glorified and honored by this, when you bear much fruit” (John 15:8 AMP). When you use your gifts correctly, God gets the glory. And you certainly can’t please God with gifts you don’t have. God doesn’t expect you to be talented or gifted at everything. He just wants you to worship him by using what he’s given you.

In the Bible, the words “joy” and “gift” actually come from the same Greek word. When you use your spiritual gifts, it brings joy to God, and it brings joy to you.

It’s like God says, “You’re doing what I created you to do.” And you say, “This feels good!”

The best feeling comes from using your gifts for God’s purpose, knowing you’re worshiping God by doing what he made you to do. It is the greatest thrill in the world!

Talk It Over

What do you believe God has created you to do?
How are you using your SHAPE—your Spiritual gifts, Heart, Abilities, Personality, and Experiences—to worship God?
Describe a time in your life when you were using your gifts to serve others. What was that like?
This is how we know what love is, Jesus Christ laid down his life for us.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:57 am

Bible study Verse:
1 Thessalonians 5:18 -
“Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you”

Thoughts:
When I'm fishing a local river here in Montana its almost like a spiritual time for me. But, couple years back, I started a repetition of praying in my car on my morning drive to work. Frequently, I would ask God for different things. I would pray something like: “Lord, would you help me with (blank)” or “Lord, give me (blank)”. It was more of coming to God because I wanted something in return from Him. Moreover, I think so much of the time we get overwhelmed with the struggles of life and end up only going to Him when we need/want something.

One day on one of my morning commutes, the Holy Spirit convicted me. “Wow, you seem to ask God for quite a bit, when He has already given you all that you will ever need”. My entire perspective changed. I started thanking Him for anything that popped into my head. And when something difficult was happening in my life, I would pray “Thank you Lord for what you are going to teach me in this difficult time in my life, and I thank you in advance for bringing me out of it”.

Action point:
When we approach prayer with a thankful heart, our perspective changes.
After I got into the repetition of thanking the good Lord in prayer, I found myself doing it throughout the day! When I was fishing on the river, I’d find myself saying things like: “Thank you Lord for your beautiful creation, thank you for the ability to fish, thank you for breathe in my lungs, and thank you for giving me life”.

There’s nothing wrong with asking God to help us in difficult times. Maybe you ask Him to help you overcome an addiction, or maybe it’s asking for peace in a time you need it. Therefore, it is imperative we ask him for help when we truly need it! However, when we find ourselves only asking God for things, we need to take a step back and be thankful for everything He has already done for us.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:59 am

Bible Study Verse
Leviticus 19:18
You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the sons of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself; I am the LORD. (NASV)

Thoughts
It's a long ride to the dock when you lose two blue marlin - especially if they would have won a tournament.

I wrestled with what went wrong as the boat laboriously climbed each passing wave. To overcome frustration and defeat, I began the blame-game; perhaps dull hooks or poor rigging produced this failure. Pointing fingers seemed to alleviate my frustration.

Blame placed and frustration quelled, I could feel revenge building up inside me like a summer squall. It was then I saw a revelatory cloud from Heaven.

I smiled. I knew the only revenge I would have would come in the form of another opportunity.
(Will D)

Action Point
As Christians we do not always get do-over's. There is no instant replay in the game of Grace. And while we may get wronged every day by people who don't play by the Lord's same set of rules, it's the actions we take that set us apart and grow us.

Consider frustrations and misses as opportunities!!!

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:00 pm

Bible Study Verse:
Acts 20:35 - ...
We must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’”

Thoughts:
Have you ever been out fishing with someone less experienced or skilled than yourself? If you have, you know how difficult of an experience it can be. You find yourself helping the other individual get their fishing line out of a tree, guiding them how to use their pole, or helping them tie a new fly or lure back on. All while you would probably rather be throwing some fly or lures out yourself, trying to catch a big whopper.
(Cody L.)

Action point:
Jesus shows us that It is better to give to others than to receive.
Even though a lot of the time it would be more enjoyable to try our luck at catching a big fish, it is more important for us to give others our time and skill. Rather than feeding our selfish ambition, take a moment to sit back and thank God for the opportunity to share your skill and experience with another.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:01 pm

John 3:17
For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him. (NIV)

Thoughts
I don't know about you, but I hate being left behind from a good hunting or fishing trip. I left my son today at my sister's so that he could continue on his quest of the elusive white tail. We've hunted the last few days together. But, my work schedule dictates that I have to be back to work tomorrow. His schedule is more flexible than mine.

The fact that he is out hunting tonight without me leaves my mind wandering and thinking about the woods. Although I want him to be successful, I really don't want to miss him getting a buck.

This next Spring, he is also going on a fishing trip up into Canada that I won't be able to go on. I have already thought several times about next Spring and how I know that the week he is going to be gone with me still here is going to just kill me. I love fishing in Canada, and I love all the good times we have together while we're there.

There's a longing that I have to be on these trips. I obviously love being in the outdoors. I love even more spending time with my kids outside making memories for a lifetime. I hate missing these moments!
(Dave M)

Action Point
From a spiritual standpoint, there are many folks who know the gospel and have heard it a thousand times, but have made no decision to follow Christ. Maybe that's you today . . .

Can I tell you that my longing to be with my son on these trips will not even hold a candle to what your longing will be if you don't make a decision to follow Christ before your time is up. Imagine never making a decision to follow Christ when all of your family members have. What a shame it would be to not be able to spend eternity with them in Heaven.

We all have to make a choice about Christ. Don't assume you have time to make this decision. Your eternal life depends on the decision you make - don't put it off!!!

If you have made a decision to follow Christ, step up to the plate today and share your faith with someone God has laid on your heart. Be a true friend and share God's story of salvation with them!!!

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
The Lord has worked mightily through His amazing creation. Romans 1:20 talks of how everyone will know God through the nature He has created. Start the hunting adventure and the love of creation with your children early. Give attention, instruction, and time with your children as they learn to carry and master a BB gun as their first in the wild.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat May 08, 2021 4:12 pm

To Grow Wise, Examine Your Life
By Rick Warren — 05/08/2021

“Examine yourselves to see if your faith is genuine. Test yourselves. Surely you know that Jesus Christ is among you; if not, you have failed the test of genuine faith.”

2 Corinthians 13:5 (NLT)

An unexamined experience is worthless.

There are people who are 50 years old who haven’t truly lived 50 years. Instead, they’ve lived one year 50 times. They make the same mistakes over and over again because they never stop and extract the lessons. They never ask, “What happened in this last year? What can I do differently so that I can live life better going forward?”

The Bible says you should take time to review your life: “Examine yourselves to see if your faith is genuine. Test yourselves. Surely you know that Jesus Christ is among you; if not, you have failed the test of genuine faith” (2 Corinthians 13:5 NLT).

When you examine your life experiences, look for two things:

Look for benefits. What have you really enjoyed in your life? Don’t just say, “I really enjoyed that job.” Ask, “What was it about that job that I really loved?” Don’t just say, “I really liked that class.” Ask, “What exactly about that class did I like? Why was it so fulfilling to me?” You’ll get little clues about where you should be headed with your life.

Look for patterns. Particularly, look for patterns in your failure. When you fail, you tend to do it the same way every time. So, look and ask, “Where have I failed in the past? What patterns do I keep repeating?” Don’t look for patterns so you can beat yourself up but because you want to be different.

If you ignore the mistakes of your past, you’re likely to repeat them. This was the problem with the Israelites when Moses led them out of Egypt. Their trip to the Promised Land should have taken only a few weeks, but instead it took 40 years because they refused to learn from their experiences and from the tests God put before them. Each failed test meant one more lap around the desert.

The Bible says in Job 32:7, “The longer you live, the wiser you become” (The Message).

That verse is a possibility, not a promise. There are people who are old and foolish. Wisdom does not automatically come with age.

But wisdom is possible for anyone. No matter your age, maturity comes as you let God teach you through the everyday experiences of life.

Talk It Over

We have lived through an extraordinary year. What are some specific experiences from the past year that you have learned from? How have you seen God work through your circumstances?
How has failure helped you mature spiritually, emotionally, and mentally?
What would you consider as evidence of maturity and wisdom in your life?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue May 11, 2021 2:30 pm

God’s Spirit Is Working in You
By Rick Warren — 05/11/2021

“God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him.”

Philippians 2:13 (NLT)

It’s the Holy Spirit’s job to produce Christlike character in you.

The Bible says, “The Lord . . . makes us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image” (2 Corinthians 3:18 NLT). This process of changing you to be more like Jesus is called sanctification.

You can’t reproduce the character of Jesus in your own strength. New Year’s resolutions, willpower, and best intentions aren’t enough.

Only the Holy Spirit has the power to make the changes God wants to make in your life. The Bible says, “God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him” (Philippians 2:13 NLT).

Mention the power of the Holy Spirit, and many people think of miraculous demonstrations or intense emotions. But usually the Holy Spirit releases his power in your life in quiet, unassuming ways that you aren’t even aware of. He often nudges you with “a gentle whisper” (1 Kings 19:12 NIV).

Christlikeness is not produced by imitation but by inhabitation—by allowing Christ to live in and through you. The Bible says, “This is the secret: Christ lives in you” (Colossians 1:27 NLT).

But how does this happen in real life? Through the choices you make.

Choose to do the right thing; then trust God’s Spirit to give you the power, love, faith, and wisdom to follow through. Since God’s Spirit lives inside you, these things are always available for the asking.

Talk It Over

Why do you think God allows you to choose whether or not you respond to the Holy Spirit’s moving in your life?
If the Holy Spirit often works in quiet, unassuming ways, what can you do to become more sensitive to his work in your life?
Spend a few minutes praying for God to make you more aware of the Holy Spirit. Ask him to work in you and make you more like Jesus. Ask him to take away your fear and give you boldness to fulfill your purpose through the power of God’s Spirit.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue May 11, 2021 2:32 pm

Bible Study Verse
Ephesians 5:28-29
So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself. For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as the Lord does the church. (NKJV)

Thoughts
Drought has been hitting Arizona for the last ten years now. Water tanks are dried up, reservoirs are low, and trees and wildlife are showing the effects.

Last year a wildfire moved through an area called Mingus Mountain in northern AZ. A friend of mine was the base camp manager for the forest service firefighters' camp. Near the camp on the main highway, which had been closed, was a large, portable water trough that the helicopters used to retrieve water in order to drop on the fire.

As he approached the trough in the dimly lit morning he saw something unusual, a black mass near the trough. Blurry-eyed and still a little sleepy he approached the trough and the black mass came into focus. It was actually two large bears standing on their rear feet with their front paws on the edge of the trough getting a much-needed drink.
(Brett M)

Action Point
Wildlife is resourceful. When they are unable to meet their needs in the traditional ways, they adapt and change. We as humans are, also, very resourceful and adaptable. We have certain needs and we will typically make adaptations to meet those needs, oftentimes in self-destructive ways.

Many of us are married and have made a vow to seek certain needs only from our spouses. Most commonly it is sex that we seek from our spouse. But, what about the other needs that should only be found in our spouse.

Men, are you meeting all of the needs of your wives? Do you love her "as your own body?" Neither spouse should have to go to a wayward trough to seek what they need.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon May 31, 2021 11:26 am

You Make Me Crazy

Embrace Your New Identity
By Rick Warren — 05/31/2021

“Your name will no longer be Jacob . . . From now on you will be called Israel.”

Genesis 32:28 (NLT)

You don’t have to stay the same! In fact, when you become a follower of Jesus, you can’t stay the same. God gives you a new identity.

The book of Genesis paints a clear picture of how God can change someone. Much of Jacob’s early life was characterized by deceit—but once he confessed his manipulative behavior, God gave him a new identity.

During a significant night that Jacob spent in God’s presence, three things happened:

God gave Jacob a brand-new identity. “Your name will no longer be Jacob . . . From now on you will be called Israel”(Genesis 32:28 NLT). Essentially, God said, “I know you’ve blown it. I know you’re conniving. But—beneath all your emotional hang-ups, all your insecurities, all the stuff you don’t want anybody else to know—I see in you a prince.” God may be saying that to you today: “Beneath all of your sins and hang-ups, I see royalty. You can be something great. You can be what I made you to be.”

God blessed Jacob. “Then he blessed Jacob there” (Genesis 32:29 NLT). Deep down, each person desperately wants God’s blessing. And if you want God’s blessing, take the steps God requires of you.

God gave Jacob a limp. “The sun was rising as Jacob left Peniel, and he was limping because of the injury to his hip”(Genesis 32:31 NLT). God and Jacob had spent much of the night in a wrestling match, and God had dislocated Jacob’s hip. Jacob’s limp served as a daily reminder to depend on God.

God does his deepest work in your life when he deals with your identity—the person you truly are as opposed to the way you see yourself. The way you think about yourself dictates how you act. So God makes his deepest changes in your life by changing the way you see yourself—by showing you how he sees you.

And when you see yourself the way God sees you, it’s going to change your life.

Talk It Over

The way you see yourself dictates how you act. What do your current actions tell you about how you see yourself?
What are some differences between the way you see yourself and the way God sees you?
If you’re a follower of Jesus, how has your new identity in Christ changed your life? If you’re not, what’s keeping you from following him today?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon May 31, 2021 11:28 am

Let's reflect on Memorial Day

Bible Verse & Translation
2 Samuel 10:12 -- 12
Be strong, and let us fight bravely for our people and the cities of our God. The Lord will do what is good in his sight.” (NIV©)

Thoughts
These words were uttered by Joab, a leader in King David’s army. The army was in a two-front battle with Ammonites in front and behind them. Joab ordered his brother, Abishai, to take some of the best troops to fight the enemy to their rear while Joab engaged those in front of the army. It is unknown if the verse was given only to Abishai or to all the soldiers. I tend to believe the latter. In either event, God gave Joab and Abishai a great victory that day. As I read God’s word, that is what I have come to believe, that God gives his followers great victories over the evil one when they put their faith and trust in Him. Today, I want to emphasize the charge given to the soldiers, “fight bravely for our people and the cities of our God.” By the way, this charge was important enough to be memorialized in 1 Chronicles 19:13 word for word. Cliff S.

Action Point
An internet search revealed the following number of Americans killed fighting for our country in the 19th Century: World War I – 116,516; World War II – 405,399; Korea – 36,516; Viet Nam – 58,209. A total of 616,640 Americans died fighting for our homeland and the freedom that we enjoy today. I believe that these Americans fought and died following Joab’s words, “fight bravely for our people and the cities of our God.” These courageous Americans fought bravely and gave their lives for the country we call home. Let us honor their sacrifice by being Americans that are worth dying for.

Sportsmen’s Tip of the Day
Pray for our country daily. Especially pray for those Americans that are in harm’s way on our behalf. They fight not because they hate what is in front of them, but because they love and desire to protect what is behind them. May we live in such a manner that we are worthy of their service.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon May 31, 2021 11:31 am

You Make Me Crazy

Learning to Love Difficult People
By Rick Warren — 05/30/2021

“If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.”

Romans 12:18 (NIV)

One of the most important skills you can develop as you walk with Christ is to love difficult people.

Here are four loving responses Jesus modeled when he encountered difficult people:

Realize you can’t please everybody. Even God can’t do that! Jesus didn’t mince words when he was talking to a group of religious leaders called Pharisees. He said to them, “You hypocrites, why are you trying to trap me?” (Matthew 22:18 NIV). Jesus refused to play games. You can too.
Learn to say no to unrealistic expectations. The Bible says you’re like Jesus when you’re “speaking the truth in love” (Ephesians 4:15 NIV). It’s fine to say no—just say it with love.
Never retaliate. It only lowers you to their level. Jesus said: “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’ But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also” (Matthew 5:38-39 NIV).
Pray for them. It will help you and the difficult people in your life. Jesus’ instructions are simple and clear: “Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you” (Matthew 5:44 NIV). Pray for difficult people, and then trust that God will speak to them.
You encounter difficult people every day. And you’ll often be tempted to react in negative ways. Instead, try loving them through these four responses. You’ll find your relationships strengthened and your character becoming more like Jesus.

Talk It Over

What does it mean to speak the truth in love? When has someone spoken a hard truth in love to you?
Why do you think Jesus tells his followers not to retaliate? How did Jesus model this?
What difference does it make when you pray for difficult people?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon May 31, 2021 11:34 am

You Make Me Crazy

Choose to Bless, Not to Gossip
By Rick Warren — 05/29/2021

“Love prospers when a fault is forgiven, but dwelling on it separates close friends.”

Proverbs 17:9 (NLT)

All of us have crazymakers in our lives. They’re the people who make us want to call our best friends, and say, “You won’t believe what they just did!”

Crazymakers make you want to spread the word about their craziness—to hear your friends say, “Wow, they are crazy!” That affirmation from your friends can make you feel good. But spreading the word is gossip—and it’s unloving.

The Bible says to forgive even your enemies. Proverbs 17:9 says, “Love prospers when a fault is forgiven, but dwelling on it separates close friends” (NLT).

What is gossip? It’s sharing information with somebody who is not part of the problem or the solution. Gossip, in its essence, is a form of retaliation. You talk about someone behind their back rather than going to that person directly.

In the short term, gossip may make you feel better—but it actually lets the crazymaker win. It allows that person to control your conversations and emotions. Suddenly you’re spending your time talking about the crazymaker instead of all the positive things in your life. When you choose to gossip, the crazymaker wins.

Gossip is incredibly destructive too. It destroys churches, families, and businesses. It separates close friends. It can even destroy your life.

But you don’t have to let it. You have the choice not to gossip—and to instead repay the wrong done to you with a blessing.

The Bible says in 1 Peter 3:9, “Do not do wrong to repay a wrong, and do not insult to repay an insult. But repay with a blessing, because you yourselves were called to do this so that you might receive a blessing” (NCV).

You can gossip and miss out on God’s blessing.

Or you can choose to have positive conversations and use words that lift others up. In doing so, you will receive God’s blessing on your life.

Talk It Over

When are you most tempted to gossip? How can you avoid giving in to that temptation in the future?
What negative results of gossip have you seen in your life?
When was a time when you chose to be a blessing instead of to gossip? What were the results?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon May 31, 2021 11:35 am

1 Cor 13:12
“For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.”

Thoughts
I am reminded of a pre-teen adventure growing-up. As a youngster, my family and I backpacked into Shoshone Lake, in Yellowstone, via Delacy Creek Trail. Forgetting that creeks turn into raging rivers during snow thaw, we backpacked 10-miles instead of towing our supply-laden raft upstream. During our Shoshone stay we were given lessons and permission to use the ranger’s 4- an canoes for supply runs. One day, on a mid-afternoon canoe excursion, we were trapped mid-lake by a storm that materialized in the early afternoon. Luckily, we reached camp as waves began to lap over the gunwales and into our canoe. In that fear-seized moment, standing drenched and cold beside the beached canoe, I looked-up to see the magnificence of the storm’s rainbow as it passed.
Years later I learned that rainbows have a frontside and backside. Rainbow spray unpacks differently depending on your relationship to the sun. From the frontside, as the rain haze moves toward the sun, its glare produces a dim and dull solar corona. From the frontside, personal calamities and life disasters can show God’s actions dimmed and dulled; as harsh and unloving. From the backside, however, as the storm moves away, we see the sun’s light reflect inside the raindrops. With sunshine behind me, I see that sunlight reflected within the mist produces brilliant colors and hues. Heartache and tragedy are never easy to endure. However, a frontside outlook cannot compare to the backside rainbow of reflected son-light. Bruce M.

Action Point
One rainbow; Two perspectives. Painful defeats and tragic losses can be crippling. By faith, we trust a creator who brings rainbows out of life’s deepest disasters.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:21 am

You Make Me Crazy

You Don’t Have to Earn God’s Acceptance
By Rick Warren — 06/01/2021

“But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.”

1 Peter 2:9 (NIV)

Many of us spend our entire lives trying to earn acceptance. We want to earn it from our parents, peers, and partners—people we respect, and even people we envy. The desire to be accepted drives us to do all kinds of things. It can influence the kinds of clothes we wear, cars we drive, houses we buy, and careers we choose.

Sometimes people do crazy things to be accepted. A teen who badly wants to fit in might take a risky dare; their desire to be accepted overrules their desire for safety. If you’ve ever played baseball as a kid and teams were chosen, remember how great it felt to be picked by the best player? Remember how bad you felt when you were among the last few chosen?

We love the feeling of being accepted.

Did you know that God has chosen you? The Bible says in 1 Peter 2:9, “You are a chosen people” (NIV). That should raise your self-esteem! Christ has accepted you—not because you tried hard or because you particularly deserve it. God simply says, “I chose you.”

When you’re part of God’s family, that will never change. No matter what, God will always accept you.

Even if you’ve experienced rejection in your own family, that’s not the way God’s family works. The Bible promises, “Even if my father and mother abandon me, the Lord will take care of me” (Psalm 27:10 GW).

You may have accepted Jesus into your life—but have you realized that Christ has accepted you? You don’t have to earn it; you don’t have to prove yourself. You’re accepted by Christ today, tomorrow, and always. No matter what.

Talk It Over

When have you spent your life looking for people’s acceptance? What was the result of that?
If you have accepted Jesus into your life, have you also truly realized that Christ has accepted you? Spend some time today praying through that truth.
What difference does it make in your life when you know you’re accepted by God no matter what?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:23 am

Bible Study Verse
2 Timothy 4:7 NIV
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

Thoughts
We were off to the wonderful Gravely Range in Montana to hunt the majestic Elk. It was the 3rd week of November and extremely COLD. I mean COLD, like minus 20 degrees. We set up camp, pitched our dome tent, tethered our horses, and went to bed. In the middle of the night we awoke with a startle when we heard what sounded like shots from a 22 caliber rifle. We found all of our pop cans had exploded and the tent poles had snapped from the extreme cold. There was little we could do in the middle of the night so we crawled back into our sleeping bags, with the tent on top of us, and tried to get some sleep. We got up the next morning, saddled our horses, packed all our basic gear and the one small tent that wasn’t broken, and headed to the top of the mountain to camp a few days and finish our hunt. The final morning of this 7-day hunt seemed extra cold, extra snowy, and extra blustery. We were all tired including the tough horses we had been riding. We had been getting up an hour before daylight each day and not getting back to camp until after dark. We were ready to go home so we decided to only hunt until noon. We also decided to let the horses choose the direction that day as we had not seen an elk all week so what did it hurt? Spirits were low, we were run down, depressed and ready for a hot shower but we plodded on. Then, right in front of us, in a small clearing, in between snowflakes and drifting snow, we saw two bulls. We harvested both bulls. We finished strong. Bob M

Action Point
This was an extremely physical and mentally exhausting hunt. We pushed ourselves, encouraged each other, and tried to make the best of miserable conditions. In the end, we endured in our persistence even though it was hard to keep positive and to be motivated but we told ourselves not to give up. God rewarded us at the very end with the bulls. As we go through life we face many trials. It is really easy to get down in the dumps of life. But we need to plod on and be persistent. The important thing is to fight to the end, never give up, and finish strong. The race of life is not a sprint it is a marathon. Our Lord Jesus Christ will help us win the race. Have faith. He loves you and wants the best for you.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Return to “Coon Hunters For Christ”