Changes.

General discussion topics. If you would like your post removed, type the word “DELETE” in the title box. (All posts will be removed after 30 days)

Moderators: Kristi Denney, R D Carnegie, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Randy Steadman
Silver Member
PKC Name: Randy Steadman
City, State: Carlisle, SC
PKC Member Since: 22 Oct 1992
Annual Membership Expires: 23 Jul 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $47,078

Re: Changes.

Postby Randy Steadman » Sun May 19, 2024 9:15 pm

Agree go back

Jimmy Van Hoose
Starting Member
PKC Name: Jimmy Van Hoose
City, State: Hannibal, MO
PKC Member Since: 27 Oct 1999
Annual Membership Expires: 30 Sep 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $2,935
Cell #: 5734069956

Postby Jimmy Van Hoose » Mon May 20, 2024 4:49 am

Josh Michaelis wrote:
Harry Watkins wrote::Josh I would like to hear your reason for going back to 100 tree points instead of the current 125. I've wanted to see the 125 tree points for as long as I can remember. For the life of me I could never understood why these barking dogs were awarded the same points as the dog that treed the coon I love a good strike dog but they're far and few between. About every big hunt I watch live those barkers leave barking and usually someone jumps on that 100 strike under the minute. Alot of dogs today run that mouth until they hit a legitimate track and tree it Just curious on your reasoning.

That same dog now has 225 instead of 200.

It has had zero effect on the dogs that win. The only thing it does is take away a dog that backs. And none of these dogs back.

The only thing the 125 rule did was make the scores higher, and make it more difficult for dummy's like me to tally them

Still plenty of dogs that back and cover in the smaller hunts that the 125 comes in handy. In a perfect world where every dog is by themselves it doesn't matter if first tree is 1 point or a thousand. As for the tallying part I cant help it if 3rd grade math is hard for some people.

John Fults
Bronze Member
PKC Name: John Fults
City, State: Petersburg, TN
PKC Member Since: 16 Jan 1998
Annual Membership Expires: 01 Nov 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $3,658

Postby John Fults » Mon May 20, 2024 11:05 am

Jimmy Van Hoose wrote:
Josh Michaelis wrote:
Harry Watkins wrote::Josh I would like to hear your reason for going back to 100 tree points instead of the current 125. I've wanted to see the 125 tree points for as long as I can remember. For the life of me I could never understood why these barking dogs were awarded the same points as the dog that treed the coon I love a good strike dog but they're far and few between. About every big hunt I watch live those barkers leave barking and usually someone jumps on that 100 strike under the minute. Alot of dogs today run that mouth until they hit a legitimate track and tree it Just curious on your reasoning.

That same dog now has 225 instead of 200.

It has had zero effect on the dogs that win. The only thing it does is take away a dog that backs. And none of these dogs back.

The only thing the 125 rule did was make the scores higher, and make it more difficult for dummy's like me to tally them

Still plenty of dogs that back and cover in the smaller hunts that the 125 comes in handy. In a perfect world where every dog is by themselves it doesn't matter if first tree is 1 point or a thousand. As for the tallying part I cant help it if 3rd grade math is hard for some people.

I’d like to know how every dog always being to themselves is in a perfect world?? I think a lot of people have forgotten that hounds are naturally pack animals. Don’t get me wrong, I like a dog that gets to itself as much as anybody, but the dog that’s naturally always alone, are extremely few and far between! These man made dogs where guys have made them always alone, is not independent, that’s broke from being around dogs! Give me a dog that will tree coons to their self and get some of your coon, you’re beat! I’m not talking about dogs that come 4,5,600 yards away to cover, that’s me-tooing, I’m talking about the dogs that don’t mind getting struck with another dog and then finishing what they started, even if it means being on a tree with other dogs. These hunts are set up on a point system, at the end of the day, the dog that has the best score, wins!!
Skin That One Pilgrim, And I'll Bring Ya Another

Return to “General Message Forum”