Daily Devotional

This space is provided in honor Joe Brooks and Coon Hunters For Christ. The PKC membership is happy to pray for you in a time of need.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Ronnie W. Stark
City, State: Water Valley, MS
PKC Member Since: 30 May 1990
Annual Membership Expires: 15 Nov 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $3,480

Re: Daily Devotional

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:21 pm

Balance Of Burdens
Share each other’s burdens, and in this way obey the law of Christ. (NLT) ( Galatians 6:2 )

Do you know how much burden your spouse is carrying? It’s easier to connect and grow together when hardships and stress are balanced between you and your spouse. Don’t let this tilt too much in either direction. Make an effort to check in and help where you can. If the heavier load is on your end, be mindful of how the imbalance is affecting your love and patience. Then work towards the middle and you will please God.

Download this app to get your daily devotions: http://jctrois.com
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... 86LFk7hs9n
This is how we know what love is, Jesus Christ laid down his life for us.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:30 pm

Bible Study Verse
Psalm 119:9
How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word. (NIV)

Thoughts
Once when I was a young man, I took a guy with me while scouting for deer on the desert. While we were driving down a two-track road in my dad's old desert buggy, this guy up and throws a soda-pop can out the door. At first I wasn't sure what had happened, but I turned around and sure enough there was the can lying in the road! I slammed on the brakes and turned and looked at him.

"What?" he asked.

"What do you mean, what?" I said, "You just threw a can out!"

"So?" he said, "The Boy Scouts will pick it up."

Turns out, he was serious. He thought the Boy Scouts came out to this little remote stretch of desert just to pick up his litter to recycle. I educated him to the error of his ways and we continued on our journey.
(Ruben C)

Action Point
Sometimes we can carry some interesting trains of thought with us. Some good, like don't throw plastic stuff in your campfire before you cook, unless you want dangerous toxins in your grilled steaks. Others bad, like throwing cans in your fire thinking they'll completely burn up and even if they don't, it's just a fire pit. Who cares? That's definitely a bad one!

That guy who rode with me that day had learned somewhere back in his childhood that it was okay to throw out your cans because groups like the Boy Scouts appreciated picking them up to recycle. He needed someone to correct him in righteousness. If no one teaches you to live according to the will of God, then how will you know what His will is? We all need the Word, and we could all use someone in our life to mentor us in the right way to apply it to our lives. If we walk accordingly, then we are keeping our "way" pure!

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:17 am

Indeed Nothing
No power in the sky above or in the earth below - indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord. (NLT) ( Romans 8:39 )

Isn't it refreshing to know that we can always count on God to love us? Even when we are unable to love ourselves, God will. How freeing it is to know that you can be in a relationship with God where nothing you can do, say, or think will ever halt His burning love for you. Rest in God's love.

http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... efUf2l5Xha

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:13 pm

Bible Study Verse
Proverbs 16:16
How much better to get wisdom than gold, to get insight rather than silver! (NIV)

Thoughts
The older I have become, the more this verse seems to make sense. Gold can be saved, invested and spent--that's about it. Wisdom can be passed on from generation to generation with each individual learning from it, adding to it, and gaining more from it. If the Market is bad, the value of gold will be diminished; whereas wisdom can increase through the way we live our life, no matter what the Market does.
(Jim C)

Action Point
Last year I grew sunflowers for the first time to attract doves to my property. I harvested doves because of it and learned a lot. This year I planted the sunflowers in a different way so as to better conceal my position. The wisdom I gained from last year will benefit my hunting experience this season.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:17 pm

Bible Study Verse
Romans 8:1
There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. (NKJV)

Thoughts
When I was a young boy, my father introduced me to offshore fishing. Just about every weekend of the summer months we would make runs to the fishing grounds far from shore in search of snapper, grouper and king mackerel. However, unless the sea was calm, I would usually get seasick upon arrival. Knowing my sickness might end our trip, guilt would overtake me. Nevertheless, with remarkable patience and love, my father would always turn around and take me home--no questions asked.

If you have recently accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, it is distinctly possible that you are thinking about the sin in your life before you were born anew. I struggled with guilt; but as I prayed and sought answers in the Bible, I discovered that my condemnation was self-imposed and not of God. I was allowing it to become a hindrance in my growth as a Christian.
(Will D)

Action Point
Christ's death on the cross freed you and me from the grip of sin--past, present, and future. Release any anxiety or feelings of guilt associated with your past life. Know that you are a forgiven man or woman of God. He loves you--no questions asked.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:42 am

Infinitely More
Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. (NLT) ( Ephesians 3:20 )

Are you living your dream? We all had aspirations of becoming something at some point. Some of us are living it, some of us are working at it, but many of us stopped believing. After experiencing the reality of hurdles and failures, we started to think harshly about our limitations. However, we must remember that with God’s mighty power within us, we are able to do much more than we could alone.

http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... h8Vcmi2zox

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:05 am

Bible Study Verses
Isaiah 48:6-7
"You heard and saw everything that happened,
so you should tell this news to others.
Now I will tell you about new things,
hidden things that you don't know yet.
These things are happening now, not long ago;
you have not heard about them before today.
So you cannot say, 'We already knew about that.'' " (NCV)

Thoughts
It's fast! It's Quiet! It will laser an arrow to the target! No Shock! No Vibration! Smooth as Butter!

My new bow is in the mail. I can't wait to place my hands on it. I have heard all the good things that is said about it. I just know that this new bow is going to be the best thing I have ever shot. I wonder how it will feel. Will the grip set well in my hand? Will it do all that the company says? The anticipation is so high; I hope I am not let down by my own idealistic dreams.
(Dennis W)

Action Point
According to Isaiah, we have heard all that God has done; and knowing what He has done should make the anticipation for what He is going to do extremely high. We know that He is Creator, Savior and Sustainer. He is Friend, Comforter and Redeemer. He is Protector, Supplier and Forgiver. Yet God is doing a new thing that we don't even have a clue about. No idealistic dreams here!

"Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us," Ephesians 3:20 (NKJV).

One thing we can never say about God, "Oh, yeah, I already knew that."

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:15 am

Fooling Ourselves
If you think you are too important to help someone, you are only fooling yourself. You are not that important. (NLT) ( Galatians 6:3 )

Do not read this passage and think our heavenly father does not see us as important, because he does. Instead, it points out that we are capable of fooling our own selves. Be careful not to deceive yourself by thinking that you are too important to help others. This passage should make us think: what else are we fooling ourselves about?

http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... QEEG0mALRW

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:37 am

Path To Perfection
But you are to be perfect, even as your Father in heaven is perfect. (NLT) ( Matthew 5:48 )

We all know that we are far from perfect. Perfection doesn't have to be the end goal, but rather a path in the right direction. Are you heading in the right direction? Perfection might be to love someone who has harmed you in the past. That may be a difficult and seemingly impossible thing to do, but have you thought about simply sending them a pleasant card or gift? The important point is to strive to be more God-like by moving in the right direction.
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... K8CLXKDqZH

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:41 am

All You Need
Each time he said, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. That's why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong. (NLT) ( 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 )

Do you find that you keep running into your failures or weaknesses? When you are faced with the reality of your own weaknesses, it's humbling and cathartic. Change your attitude towards weakness and see it as an opportunity to look towards God to meet your needs. Ask God to step in where you falter. He is sufficient.

http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... Jp5wwP7Qf6

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:35 pm

Bible Study Verses
Ephesians 5:28-29
In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church. (NIV)

Thoughts
Drought has been hitting Arizona for the last ten years now. Water tanks are dried up, reservoirs are low, and trees and wildlife are showing the effects.

Years ago a wild fire moved through an area called Mingus Mountain in northern AZ. A friend of mine was the base camp manager for the forest service firefighters' camp. Near the camp on the main highway, which had been closed, was a large, portable water trough that the helicopters used to retrieve water in order to drop on the fire. As he approached the trough in the dimly lit morning he saw something unusual, a black mass near the trough. Blurry eyed and still a little sleepy he approached the trough and the black mass came into focus. It was actually two large bears standing on their rear feet with their front paws on the edge of the trough getting a much needed drink. (Brett M)

Action Point
Wildlife is resourceful. When they are unable to meet their needs in the traditional ways, they adapt and change. We as humans are also very resourceful and adaptable. We have certain needs and we will typically make adaptations to meet those needs, often times in self-destructive ways.

Many of us are married and have made a vow to seek certain needs only from our spouses. Most commonly it is sex that we seek from our spouse. But what about the other needs that should only be found in our spouse? Men are you meeting all of the needs of your wives? Do you love her "as your own body?" Neither spouse should have to go to a wayward trough to seek what they need.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:40 pm

Bible Study Verses
Ephesians 5:1-2
Follow God's example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. (NIV)

Thoughts
There's a special place in Alaska called Anan Creek Trail. The trail follows a creek that empties into the ocean. A short way up the creek, about a half-mile or so, there's a bear viewing area. The creek falls through a narrow gorge where the salmon are jumping up the water covered rock face on their spawning run. The bears gather and gorge themselves on the salmon. It was a real treat to be so close to the bears, both on the open trail and in the enclosed viewing area, and watch their fishing skills, or lack thereof. The old pros had their favorite spots and techniques. The cubs thrashed about in their attempts to imitate their mothers. Sooner or later, they all had fish for supper; it just took some a little longer than others to figure things out. When it was all said and done, it wasn't too different from watching a father or mother teach their child how to bait a hook, cast, retrieve the lure, and catch a fish. The cubs imitate their mothers, the children their parents.
(Cliff S)

Action Point
This verse tells us to be imitators of Christ--to try our best to be like Him. However, most of the time we only acknowledge one side of Christ, the side where He's sitting with a child on His lap or holding a helpless lamb. We forget about Christ's tough side. We overlook the accounts in Mark and the other Gospels about Christ in the wilderness telling Satan to beat it, or driving the money changers out of the Temple with a whip. We fail to notice that Christ never backed down from a fight, so to speak, when He observed injustice. Consider how He addressed the Pharisees when they criticized Him for healing a man on the Sabbath. He made it clear that their lack of compassion was wrong, and He made sure that they knew it! Yes, Jesus had a soft side, a side of compassion and mercy, but He also was a warrior fighting for the Kingdom of His Father. And, remember, when Jesus returns, He's coming back as the warrior that will destroy all of the forces of evil! It seems to me that it's important for us to imitate Christ's compassion, but it's also ready to fight for the Kingdom. Therefore, let us be imitators of Christ, all facets of Him!

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:59 pm

Bible Study Verses
Philippians 2:14-16
Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, "children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation." Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky as you hold firmly to the word of life. And then I will be able to boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor in vain. (NKJV)

Thoughts
I love to go to my uncle's place in south Arkansas. Out there, we are truly in the wild. The pine woods silhouette against the night sky in a way only a hunter can understand and appreciate. Many times, my father, brother, uncle, and I will stand outside after hunting all day and just admire the night sky.

When the moon is full, you can even see deer feeding in the pasture behind his house. The stars are brilliant, but that moon has no rival. God's light show eclipses all signs of man-made things. You can't miss that moon or those stars. They are on display for all to see.
(Brian H)

Action Point
The writer of Philippians 2 undoubtedly had looked up at the night sky and knew something about light. Remember that there were no light bulbs or other artificial lights then. Their light was either fire or from natural elements. Can't you see Paul looking through the bars of his prison cell at the big full moon? He quietly whispers, "THAT is how we should appear a huge presence, quietly reflecting the light of our God, and driving away the dark of the world." We are to be lights in a dark world and salt to an unsavory culture.

To fulfill all of this is a tall order. But we must fulfill it in order to preserve the excellence of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Keep in mind that the moon, in all of its glory, merely reflects the light that is produced by the sun. Without the sun's radiance, the moon would be dark and would carry no glory of its own. Strive for excellence. Seek to become like the moon reflecting the radiance of God's glory to a dark world.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:25 pm

Bible Study Verse
Proverbs 12:11
The one who works his land will have plenty of food, but whoever chases fantasies lacks sense. (HCSB)

Thoughts
I get bogged down in a rut during the summer when I fish nearly every day of the month in the scorching Texas heat.

Many people think life as a charter captain is a "gravy" job; however, in reality, it is early alarms clocks and 16-hour days. Temperatures reaching the century mark sometimes drain your will and "want to" for the next sunrise.

It is a grind during the summer when school is out, people are on vacation, fish are biting and everyone wants to fish.
(Bink G)

Action Point
All people get tired or fatigued from their jobs. When I am exhausted from 20 straight days of fishing, I first thank the Lord for giving me the opportunity to work and earn a living. Things could be much worse: I could be sitting at home wishing and waiting for someone to call and book a fishing trip.

Thank Jesus today for prosperity and ask Him to heap more blessing on you and your family. Blessings come from honoring Him in everything, even when you are tired.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:34 am

Bible Study Verses
Job 39:19-25
"Do you give the horse its strength
or clothe its neck with a flowing mane?
Do you make it leap like a locust,
striking terror with its proud snorting?
It paws fiercely, rejoicing in its strength,
and charges into the fray.
It laughs at fear, afraid of nothing;
it does not shy away from the sword.
The quiver rattles against its side,
along with the flashing spear and lance.
In frenzied excitement it eats up the ground;
it cannot stand still when the trumpet sounds.
At the blast of the trumpet it snorts, 'Aha!'
It catches the scent of battle from afar,
the shout of commanders and the battle cry." (NIV)

Thoughts
This scripture is an awesome picture of a war horse. I used to ride such a beast when I was a mounted patrol agent. He could see through the blackest night and you could feel his heart beat through the saddle fenders when he detected the bad guys long before I did. When I was ready, without so much as my thinking it, he would burst into the night with a thunder of hooves!

It was not until I read this scripture that I realized, it was God who was in total control. He is in control of everything. Does God make you bored?
(Ruben C)

Action Point
"So Judas came to the garden, guiding a detachment of soldiers and some officials from the chief priests and the Pharisees. They were carrying torches, lanterns and weapons. Jesus, knowing all that was going to happen to him, went out and asked them, 'Who is it you want?'

'Jesus of Nazareth,' they replied.

"I am he," Jesus said. (And Judas the traitor was standing there with them," John 18:3- 5 (NIV).

A detachment of soldiers came after our Lord, one man, in the dead of night carrying torches lanterns and weapons. With the words, "I am He," they fell to the ground. That's what I'm talking about! That little scenario would put your heart in your throat. What strength! When you need encouragement in your spiritual walk, remember: we're not walking in the footsteps of a Mr Rogers. Jesus stood up for His Father, He defended the people; and as a carpenter, He was a great fisherman. This is the true Lord we follow!

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Return to “Coon Hunters For Christ”