Daily Devotional

This space is provided in honor Joe Brooks and Coon Hunters For Christ. The PKC membership is happy to pray for you in a time of need.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Ronnie W. Stark
City, State: Water Valley, MS
PKC Member Since: 30 May 1990
Annual Membership Expires: 15 Nov 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $3,480

Re: Daily Devotional

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed May 20, 2020 3:20 pm

Unshakable! Thriving No Matter What Hits You

Worshiping God Is the First Step in Learning
By Rick Warren — May 20, 2020
“Start with GOD—the first step in learning is bowing down to GOD; only fools thumb their noses at such wisdom and learning.”

Proverbs 1:7 (The Message)

How do you become a great student?

You worship God.

The Bible says it like this: “Start with GOD—the first step in learning is bowing down to GOD; only fools thumb their noses at such wisdom and learning” (Proverbs 1:7 The Message).

The apostle Paul once told Timothy that the problem with many people was they knew a lot of information—but they didn’t know what was most important. In fact, Jesus told the religious leaders, “You have your heads in your Bibles constantly because you think you'll find eternal life there. But you miss the forest for the trees. These Scriptures are all about me!” (John 5:39 The Message)

One day, after your life has ended, you’ll stand before God. It’ll be your final exam. It’ll be far more important than any test a teacher or professor gives you.

At that final exam, God won’t talk about how you did in math or social studies.

He’ll ask, “Did you know me?”

How will you answer?
Talk About It

How is it possible to be well-educated yet still miss the true point of life?
Why does true wisdom start with God?
How has your relationship with God made you better at learning in all areas of life?
God offers you a gift today. Will you accept it?

Today is the day. This is the day you need to step across the line and say to Jesus Christ, “I want to have a relationship with you.” How do you do that? Just start by talking to him in prayer. He’s listening to you right now! He’s already done everything that needed to be done. That’s why he came to Earth, died on the cross, and was resurrected.

He wants to give you a gift, and the way you accept it is by telling him in prayer, “Today, Jesus, I want to take the first step toward you. I want to get to know you. I admit I don’t understand it all. But Jesus, as much as I know how, I want to open up my life to you. I want to receive your gift for me. Replace my guilt with your gift of forgiveness, worries with your gift of peace, and fear of death with your gift of eternal life. Right now I invite you to come and make your home in my heart. I pray this in your name. Amen.”
This is how we know what love is, Jesus Christ laid down his life for us.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu May 21, 2020 10:19 am

How to Tackle the Impossible
By Rick Warren — May 21, 2020
“Get the facts at any price.”

Proverbs 23:23 (TLB)

Has someone ever asked you to do something you thought was impossible? Maybe a friend, boss, or parent came to you and wanted you to do something that seemed too big for you.

You may be facing such a request right now. You’re wondering how in the world you’ll get started.

Over the next few devotionals, I’ll share with you what the Bible says about tackling the impossible.

But let’s begin by talking about where to start.

First, don’t panic.

Follow the pattern of Daniel. In Daniel 2, King Nebuchadnezzar went to his astrologers with a desperate need for them to interpret a dream. When they couldn’t do it, he ordered that all his advisers be executed, including Daniel and his friends.

When Daniel heard the news, he tactfully asked Arioch, commander of the king's bodyguard, “why the king had issued such a harsh order. So Arioch told Daniel what had happened. Daniel went at once and obtained royal permission for more time, so that he could tell the king what the dream meant. Then Daniel went home and told his friends Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah what had happened. He told them to pray to the God of heaven for mercy and to ask him to explain the mystery to them so that they would not be killed along with the other advisers in Babylon. Then that same night the mystery was revealed to Daniel in a vision, and he praised the God of heaven …” (Daniel 2:15-23 TEV).

Instead of panicking, Daniel learned all the facts and sought to understand the motivation behind the king’s request. When someone asks you to do the impossible, you need to understand why. You need all the facts.

The king was scared to death. When people are panicking, they get emotional. They start making illogical requests. You need to understand why before moving ahead.

Proverbs 23:23 says it this way: “Get the facts at any price” (TLB).

So if you’re asked to do the impossible, don’t panic. First, get all the facts.
Talk About It

How does emotion cloud your judgment when you’re under stress?
Why is it so important to understand the motivations of those asking you to do something that seems impossible?
How have you seen God work through a seemingly impossible situation?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu May 21, 2020 10:21 am

Bible Study Verses
Mark 4: 26-28
He also said, "This is what the kingdom of God is like. A man scatters seed on the ground. Night and day, whether he sleeps or gets up, the seed sprouts and grows, though he does not know how. All by itself the soil produces grain-first the stalk, then the head, then the full kernel in the head. (NIV)

Thoughts
I have never been much of a farmer, but nevertheless, I really relate to this scripture. When I stock fingerling fish, such as trout or bass, in a small stock dam or mountain pond, and return to that water some time later, I am always amazed when I cast in a spinner and pull out a 12-to-14in fish. I know it's supposed to work that way, but I'm amazed every time just the same.
(Ron T)

Action Point
Whether you're scattering seeds or scattering fish, when the conditions are right, they are going to grow. It is the same for God's Word. I think of the seeds of truth planted in my own life before I became a Christian. They didn't seem that important at first; but over time I began to think about the words, understand their meaning and how they applied to my life. I am so thankful to the laborers that God calls on to sow His Seed.

Now that I am a Christian, it is my job to share the Good News with others. Jesus said, "He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned," Mark 16:15-16 (NIV).

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Fri May 22, 2020 6:44 am

Bible Study Verse
Mark 6:31
And He said to them, "Come aside by yourselves to a deserted place and rest a while." For there were many coming and going, and they did not even have time to eat. (NKJV)

Thoughts
I love being outdoors. It provides a great time for me to get away by myself, with family, or with friends and just chill. I do find time to be by myself. I need the solitude to think, pray, and sometimes just to get things off my mind. Jesus reminds us in this verse that it's okay to do this. In fact, it is quite necessary, especially for those who expend a lot of energy for the faith.
(Don H)

Action Point
We need to take time to eat, not just food for our bodies, but food for our souls. Never feel guilty about planning free time outdoors. Just know that our Lord wants us to use that time to talk to Him, read about Him in His Word, and renew our strength in Him. Even a tiring hunting or fishing trip can be spiritually exhilarating when we dedicate part of that time to Jesus.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Fri May 22, 2020 6:46 am

Make the Right Decision, Not Just a Fast One
By Rick Warren — May 22, 2020

“Daniel went at once to see the king and requested more time to tell the king what the dream meant.”

Daniel 2:16 (NLT)

When you’re asked to do something that’s impossible, you start by refusing to panic and by getting all the facts. Then, you ask for more time.

Why? Because your biggest temptation in the midst of crisis is to be impulsive. You’re typically not thinking rationally. You’re thinking emotionally. You want to make a quick decision.

But it’s more important to make the right decision than a fast decision.

A wrong decision is wrong, no matter how quickly you make it. So step back, take a deep breath, calm down, and talk to God.

Daniel did this when the king asked him to interpret a dream (after the king ordered the killing of the first few people who tried): “Daniel went at once to see the king and requested more time to tell the king what the dream meant” (Daniel 2:16 NLT).

He gives us a great model for dealing with a high-pressure situation by asking for more time and then talking to God about it.

You’re more likely to make a better decision when you don’t rush to make a quick one. Take your time.

Talk About It

Have you ever acted rashly when asked to do something really tough? How did that work out?
Why is it so easy to procrastinate when you’re in a difficult situation?
Who in your life needs to be reminded that taking their time is important?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon May 25, 2020 10:36 am

Ask God for the Impossible
By Rick Warren — May 24, 2020
“Call to me and I will answer you. I’ll tell you marvelous and wondrous things that you could never figure out on your own.”

Jeremiah 33:3 (The Message)

When you’re put in an impossible situation, your talent, logic, and education won’t solve your problem.

Only God can.

That’s why you pray and ask God for his supernatural help. God told Jeremiah, who lived at the same time as Daniel, “Call to me and I will answer you. I’ll tell you marvelous and wondrous things that you could never figure out on your own” (Jeremiah 33:3 The Message).

Daniel asked God for spiritusal wisdom when King Nebuchadnezzar asked him to interpret a dream.

Daniel needed the Lord to show him what he would never be able figure out on his own. He could guess for a thousand years and never figure out the king’s dream. But God could tell him in an instant.

The Bible says, “You do not have what you want because you do not ask God for it” (James 4:2 TEV).

So many times we miss out on God’s best simply because we never ask him for it.

I’ve seen God do this over and over again in my life. I’ve faced big odds that I couldn’t fathom solving on my own. So I prayed.

And God has answered. My life is a series of answered prayers.

I want God to do the same for you.

Will you ask him for his best for your life?

Talk About It

How has prayer produced miracles in the lives of people you care about?
Do you believe that God knows what’s best for you and wants to help you? If so, how do your prayers reflect that?
What impossible situation do you need to ask God about?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon May 25, 2020 10:40 am

“Then Daniel went home and told his friends Hannah, Mishael, and Azariah what had happened. He urged them to ask the God of heaven to show them his mercy by telling them the secret, so they would not be executed along with the other wise men of Babylon.”

Daniel 2:17-18 (NLT)

God always tests you before he blesses you.

Sometimes his tests come through people who ask you to do something impossible, like a boss who gives you a project with an unreasonable deadline.

When this happens, first you refuse to panic so you can focus on getting more information, and then you ask for more time.

Next, you enlist prayer support from your friends.

The Bible says, “Then Daniel went home and told his friends Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah what had happened. He urged them to ask the God of heaven to show them his mercy by telling them the secret, so they would not be executed along with the other wise men of Babylon” (Daniel 2:17-18 NLT).

Daniel realized this was a big request. The kingdom hung in the balance. The king wasn’t thinking clearly. He was about to kill everyone on his court! So Daniel got his prayer team going.

You don’t need a lot of people as part of your prayer team. But you do need four or five friends who will pray with you in times just like these.
Talk About It

How has prayer support been important in your life?
Who can you go to for prayer, especially when you’re facing the impossible?
How have you seen God work through your prayers for others?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon May 25, 2020 10:49 am

Worship God No Matter What
By Rick Warren — May 25, 2020
“That night the secret was revealed to Daniel in a vision. Then Daniel praised the God of heaven.”

Daniel 2:19 (NLT)

Most of us don’t really know what to do when we’re confronted by an impossible situation. Did you know that a teenage boy from thousands of years ago can help?

Over the past few devotionals, we’ve learned some incredible principles from how Daniel dealt with an impossible request by the most powerful king of his time period. So far we’ve seen Daniel model these four actions:

Don’t panic, and then get all the facts.
Ask for more time.
Gather prayer partners.
Ask God for supernatural help.
The next thing we learn from Daniel is to worship God.

It is important to understand that worship is much more than just music. There are thousands of ways to worship. Any time you turn your attention to God, that’s worship. When you express your love to God, that’s worship. You don’t have to be in church to worship.

When you worship God, you move your focus off of your problem and onto God.

The Bible says, “That night the secret was revealed to Daniel in a vision. Then Daniel praised the God of heaven” (Daniel 2:19 NLT).

The passage shows you how to worship God in the midst of a crisis. Specifically, Daniel did three things: He praised God for who he is (v. 20), honored God for what he does (v. 21-22), and thanked God for his help (v. 23).

That’s worship. Do that, and you’ll move the focus off of you and your problems and put it on God.

And he’s always where our focus should be.

Talk About It

Why is worship sometimes tough when you’re facing a particularly difficult situation?
How have you seen worship impact your stress level during struggles in your life?
Which of the three parts of worship mentioned in the devotional do you struggle with the most during a crisis: praising God for who he is, honoring God for what he does, or thanking God for his help? Why?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue May 26, 2020 8:02 pm

Memorial Day, the day to honor those who gave their lives for the freedom we all enjoy. We must protect our country so they did not die in vain.

Bible Study Verse
John 15:13
No one has greater love than this, that someone would lay down his life for his friends.(HCSB)

Thoughts
To many Memorial Day is just another day off from work to enjoy a barbeque, but today the Sportsmen's Devotional Team remembers and honors those who gave their lives to protect America and other nations.

It began in the 1770's when men fought and died to help our nation become free. In wars since then Americans have stepped forward over and over again and given the ultimate sacrifice. We have never asked for anything from the nations where Americans have fought and died except for a small piece of land to bury our soldiers killed in action.

We know thousands of our most faithful readers are sportsmen and women that are currently serving us in other nations within the armed services. We want to say THANK YOU for looking after those seeking to be free as well as protecting us today here in America. We also want to recognize the large number of veterans that have served our nation in past conflicts. THANK YOU!

Lord, thank you for those who gave their lives and most importantly for our precious gift of salvation Jesus Christ bought with the sacrifice of His Life.

Action Point
On Memorial Day take the time to seek out at least two veterans and thank them for their service. You can also do this with family members that have lost loved ones while serving our nation. Consider practicing this each Memorial Day and follow through.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed May 27, 2020 10:03 am

Bible Study Verse
Proverbs 30:4
Who has ascended into heaven, or descended?
Who has gathered the wind in His fists?
Who has bound the waters in a garment?
Who has established all the ends of the earth?
What is His name, and what is His Son's name, if you know? (NKJV)

Thoughts
What is your favorite outdoor scene? Can you narrow it down to just one? I couldn't. Let me list a few of my favorites:

Watching the sun rise through the hardwoods of the Ozarks.
The sight of a whitetail buck through the south Arkansas pines.
Sunset through the cypress trees along the White River in central Arkansas.

I could keep going but for sake of losing you, I will stop with those three. Combine those scenes with the scent of pine or the smell of an oak flat and the scene is breathtaking.
(Brian H.)

Action Point
Look at the questions posed in Proverbs 30:4:

Who has ascended into heaven or descended?
Who has gathered the wind in His fists? Who has bound the waters in a garment?
Who has established all the ends of the earth?

If I were to pose this question to a Sunday School class full of fourth-graders, they would all shout in unison, "Jesus!"

Perhaps I should become a bit more child-like for a few minutes. Perhaps I could word it this way:

Who has created the sun and caused it to rise through the hardwoods of the Ozarks?
Who has created the deer, built the pines, and formed the Gulf Coastal Plain in its magnificence?
Who has gathered together the majestic waters of the White River, pushed up the cypress trees, and painted the sky with the sunset?

What is His name? What is His Son's name? Jesus.

Substitute in your favorite scene and think about the Creator. Bask in the brilliance of His creative handiwork and declare the works of His almighty hand. What is His name, and what is His Son's name, if you know?

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
A while back I started taking pictures of things that are beautiful to look at or that inspire me in some way. They don't mean much to others, but they have meaning to me. I started storing those pictures and then going back and just looking from time to time. They usually inspire me all over again. If you're not snapping a picture here and there in God's country, then you're missing an opportunity to be inspired again later when the moment is over and the time has passed.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed May 27, 2020 10:06 am

Give God the Credit So People Look to Him
By Rick Warren — May 27, 2020
“There are no wise men, enchanters, magicians, or fortune-tellers who can reveal the king’s secret. But there is a God in heaven who reveals secrets, and he has shown King Nebuchadnezzar what will happen in the future. Now I will tell you your dream and the visions you saw as you lay on your bed.”

Daniel 2:27-28 (NLT)

Over the last few days in these devotionals, I’ve shown you what Daniel did when facing an impossible situation in Daniel 2. The king had asked him to interpret a tough dream. It almost got the king’s wise men killed because they couldn’t explain what the dream meant.

The stakes were high! But Daniel followed a terrific process that can help us, too: Don’t panic, and then get the facts. Ask for more time. Gather prayer partners. Ask God for supernatural help. Worship God. And, use what you’ve learned to save others.

We also see that when God showed up, Daniel used the opportunity to point others to God.

The Bible says Daniel told the king, “There are no wise men, enchanters, magicians, or fortune-tellers who can reveal the king’s secret. But there is a God in heaven who reveals secrets, and he has shown King Nebuchadnezzar what will happen in the future. Now I will tell you your dream and the visions you saw as you lay on your bed” (Daniel 2:27-28 NLT).

Daniel didn’t take credit for the amazing answer to the king’s dream. He knew God had given him the answer. So he was honest about that.

I don’t know about you, but if I were a 17-year-old boy and I did something to make the king happy, I’d be tempted to take a bit of the credit. Daniel did the praying. He did the listening. He did the obeying.

Couldn’t he have taken some credit? He could have, but he didn’t. Instead he pointed people to God.

Do that, and God will bless you. God will do great things through a person who doesn’t care who gets the credit.

The Bible says the pagan king told Daniel, “Truly, your God is the greatest of gods, the Lord over kings, a revealer of mysteries, for you have been able to reveal this secret” (Daniel 2:47 NLT).

How about that? A pagan leader acknowledged the true Creator of the universe.

When you spend your life pointing people to God, miracles happen.

Talk About It

Think of someone you know who consistently points others to God when good things happen to them. What have you learned from this person about being a disciple?
What keeps you from pointing people to God when he works in your life?
How do you shape a mindset that sees every good thing as a gift from God?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu May 28, 2020 9:16 pm

Don’t Miss the Warning Signs of Pride
By Rick Warren — May 28, 2020

“So then, Your Majesty, follow my advice. Stop sinning, do what is right, and be merciful to the poor. Then you will continue to be prosperous.”

Daniel 4:27 (GNT)

Too often when life is going well, we miss the warning signs of an impending fall.

Pride blinds us—and so does the spotlight.

This is why people who’ve seen some success in life need to go home and change some diapers, mow their own lawns, and wash their own dishes. When you have some success, make sure you keep in touch with your roots so you don’t miss the warning signs of a fall.

Nebuchadnezzar’s life is a clear picture of this. God cared enough about this pagan king to warn him about what was coming his way in Daniel 4. The Lord didn’t just remove him from power. God gave him a dream, he brought Daniel to interpret the dream, and Daniel told Nebuchadnezzar what was going to happen and how to avoid it. You can’t get much clearer than that!

Daniel told the king, “So then, Your Majesty, follow my advice. Stop sinning, do what is right, and be merciful to the poor. Then you will continue to be prosperous” (Daniel 4:27 GNT).

Daniel gave him three things to do and said success would follow. But the king missed the sign.

Is it possible you are missing one, too?

It could be conflict in a relationship. You’re just passing it off as the other person’s problem, but God wants to show you that you’re off track in some area of your life.

It could be a temptation you’re battling against because you’re continually putting yourself in a bad situation. Maybe it’s chaos and confusion in your life. Both are signs you’re not well-connected to God. You’re trying to do life on your own terms.

God’s trying to tell you through these warning signs: “Stop sinning! Come back to me!”

If you’re heading down the wrong path, God loves you enough to give you a warning.

Are you paying attention?

Talk About It

In what ways does pride blind us?
What kinds of warning signs do you think people miss the most often, and why?
How have you missed warning signs in the past?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Fri May 29, 2020 3:53 am

Bible Study Verse
Romans 6:13
Do not offer any part of yourself to sin as an instrument of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer every part of yourself to Him as an instrument of righteousness. (NIV)

Thoughts
Tools and gadgets are part of outdoor fun. We all have a bag, a vest, a tackle box, or maybe even a garage full of them! They make outdoor times more productive and enjoyable. Going through catalogs helps get us through times of "cabin fever" between seasons.

We all know that there are specialty tools with a specific purpose and function. If we need a certain job done, we must have that particular tool to do it.

Outdoor shows feature myriad varieties of such tools; and part of the enjoyment in attending these shows is to learn about the new ones, and to purchase what we need.
(Jack M)

Action Point
Our bodies are tools. We choose if they are tools for good or tools for sinning. Certainly these influences - good or bad - may be upon ourselves or others.

God has specific functions for each of us. We are intentionally constructed for His purposes. He invites us to join Him in His work here in this world to accomplish unique things for His glory.

He rewards and disciplines us for what we do, whether we choose to do good or to use our bodies for evil. II Corinthians 5:10 reminds us, "For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad," (NIV).

His intent is for us to use our bodies as tools to accomplish good as He defines it. I choose to use my body for good and for His glory.

Which purpose will you choose? Will you choose to use your body as a tool for good or for sinning?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat May 30, 2020 6:37 pm

Successful People Help the Poor
By Rick Warren — May 30, 2020

“Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy.”

Proverbs 31:8-9 (NIV)

If you want to live a successful life, the Bible offers some countercultural instruction: Serve the poor!

How can serving the poor help us be successful?

The Bible gives us numerous reasons why this is so, but here are just a few of them:

It’ll make you happy. “If you want to be happy, be kind to the poor; it is a sin to despise anyone” (Proverbs 14:21 GNT).

You’ll honor God. “Whoever mistreats the poor insults their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God”(Proverbs 14:31 NCV).

It’ll make you a better leader. “Leadership gains authority and respect when the voiceless poor are treated fairly” (Proverbs 29:14 The Message).

I’ve seen this in my own life. Some of you know my story. When I wrote The Purpose Driven Life, the book became a huge global success.

And when you write a book that has as its first line, “It’s not about you,” it’s pretty easy to realize that any money or influence that comes from it wasn’t meant for me. So, among other decisions Kay and I made at the time, we started Acts of Mercy, a foundation to help the poor and the vulnerable suffering with AIDS.

The book’s success was not about me. It was all about God.

Proverbs 31:8-9 particularly spoke to me during this time: “Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy” (NIV).

That’s what successful people do. They stand up for those who can’t stand up for themselves.

Talk About It

Why is it important for successful people to help the poor and stand up for those who can’t stand up for themselves?
How is it countercultural for successful people to help the poor and needy?
What can you do to more faithfully help the poor?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat May 30, 2020 6:38 pm

Bible Study Verse
Leviticus 17:11
For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one's life. (NIV)

Thoughts
A friend of mine was processing his deer at home with his kids watching. Left from the field dressing, some blood ran out of the body cavity. His daughter squealed, "Ewwhh! Blood!"

His observant three year old son replied, "The blood provides forgiveness for our sins."

My friend was presented with a perfect teaching opportunity. He told his two children how the deer's blood had to be shed so they could use the deer for food. He was able to explain that the blood of Jesus was shed on the cross that we might have our sins forgiven and our guilt washed away. (Jack M)

Action Point
Blood trailing is an important tool for the hunter. Many can tell where the animal has been hit by the blood's appearance:

Bright red blood is usually from an arterial source, which is usually an indication of a solid hit.
Bright red blood, with bubbles in it, signifies a lung shot.
Dark red blood can show a hit in a vein or the liver. This is usually not a good sign for the hunter.

How amazing that a three year old was so understanding of such an important truth! It reminds us to train up these little ones in the things of the Lord; they can understand. It also lets us know that our sins deserve death, but Jesus' blood secures life for all who will by faith receive Him as their own Savior and Lord.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Return to “Coon Hunters For Christ”