Daily Devotional

This space is provided in honor Joe Brooks and Coon Hunters For Christ. The PKC membership is happy to pray for you in a time of need.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Ronnie W. Stark
City, State: Water Valley, MS
PKC Member Since: 30 May 1990
Annual Membership Expires: 15 Nov 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $3,480

Re: Daily Devotional

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:09 am

Bible Study Verse
But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. -Jn 16:13, NIV

Thoughts
Our goal, when my wife and I retired, was to ride in 10-mile, 25-mile and 50-mile endurance races in Arizona and the Western United States. Our investment in the dream was the 3-horse trailer, above, with slanted stalls, living quarters, closet storage, onboard tack room, overhead water tanks and a gooseneck hitch. Our trailer weighed 4500# empty. Fully loaded, with horses, gear, tack, water and feed, it topped 10,000#. To get’er done, we purchased a Chevy Silverado 3500, dually, with a GVWR towing capacity >15,000#. I never imagined that I would need so much horsepower!
- Bruce M

Action Point
Like my truck, God empowers me to race. Like my trailer, I practice and prepare to race. God’s “horsepower” delivers my “horse-power”. I unpack my trailer, I set-up camp. I feed my horses. I check and double-check my tack. I put on my chaps, boots, spurs, neck’erchief, knife and hat just like I put on the God’s Armor (Eph 6). If my horse’s cinch (i.e., my belt of truth; Eph 6:14) is too loose, I face-plant when directions change. God’s horsepower gets me to the Starting Line but practice and preparation (i.e., my horse-power) guide my race.

Far too many people, Christians and non-Christians, abandon “truth” when real-time decisions are needed. Abandoning truth, they adopt secular solutions arguing, ”The end justifies the means” or “Everyone else does it”. God’s “Spirit of Truth” (Jn 16:13) reminds us that power requires discipline. Power is anchored truth that doesn’t embrace idols, that honors father and mother, that sets aside time to know God better, that doesn’t murder, that doesn’t lust, that doesn’t covet, that doesn’t steal and so on. Prepared and practiced to race, I gently correct contenders to get back on track. (Ex 20; 2 Tim 2:24-25)
This is how we know what love is, Jesus Christ laid down his life for us.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:41 am

Bible Study Verse
Jude 1:3 Beloved, although I was very eager to write to you about our common salvation, I found it necessary to write appealing to you to contend for the faith that was once for all delivered to the saints. (ESV)

Thoughts
Every hunting season has an opening date and a closing date. Hunters should take time to carefully plan each season to have the time to spend quality hours in the field and have the best chance to make a harvest before the season closes. Michelle H.

Action Point
In this verse, Jude (brother of James), is urging followers to stand firm in the faith. We then can fulfill the great commission through this steadfast conviction. I have written previously about personal urgency in finding Christ. But then what? I would hope, and I pray, that we all also have another urgency to bring as many to Him as we can in our short lives. Don’t hesitate to share the gospel to those around you, because their own season might soon be closed.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:05 am

Bible Study Verse
Luke 5:16
But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed. NIV

Mark 1:35
Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed. NIV

Thoughts
Hunting, fishing, and anything outdoors with others is very enjoyable. The outdoors should be shared with others. But sometimes, I need to get away by myself in the field. Nothing is better for me than maneuvering on a gobbling tom, catching bass from my favorite creek, or watching woods ducks fly to roost on a cool autumn evening—all alone. You know the feeling, getting away from the hustle and bustle. It’s reset time. Andy D.

Action Point
Corporate worship and gatherings with fellow believers are vital; we should not prioritize outdoor activities over these. Just as necessary is time alone with God. Setting aside time each day to read God’s word and pray is essential to seeking the Lord, knowing Him better, and growing spiritually. Set aside a specific time each day—make it a habit. In addition, when you are alone outdoors, pray like Jesus in today’s Bible verses and always give thanks.

Sportsman’s Tip of the Day
When you retreat to the outdoors alone, keep a GPS device other than a smartphone. A compass is even better, in my opinion as electronic devices and batteries fail. Always let your loved ones know where you are and designate check-in times for overnight ventures. Have you ever considered a satellite GPS messenger? ZOLEO, Garmin InReach, and Motorola Defy are good options to research for communicating when there are no cell towers around.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Fri May 03, 2024 7:49 am

Bible Study Verse
... pray without ceasing...
‭‭I Thessalonians‬ ‭5‬:‭17‬ ‭NKJV‬

Thoughts
I drew out for a whitetail hunt, and it was for two tags! The first tag had to be antlerless and the second could be either sex. I saw a great buck within the first few minutes of shooting light. I didn’t take a shot as I hadn’t harvested my doe yet. Shortly after spotting him a young doe stepped out. After the shot, I had trouble finding her. I stopped in a thicket and prayed. When I opened my eyes there she was under some brush.
Dlain T

Action Point
I often have reservations about praying for the small things. I get to thinking there are much bigger requests out there that need God’s attention and I’m being greedy by asking for small stuff. We serve a big God. He’s omnipresent, he can take care of the big and small at all times.
As I prayed, I said “God thank you for this opportunity." If I have vitally wounded this animal, please help me find it so I can honor it properly.” Maybe God is holding you today away from your harvest until you turn to Him, the Provider.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Return to “Coon Hunters For Christ”