Daily Devotional

This space is provided in honor Joe Brooks and Coon Hunters For Christ. The PKC membership is happy to pray for you in a time of need.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Ronnie W. Stark
City, State: Water Valley, MS
PKC Member Since: 30 May 1990
Annual Membership Expires: 15 Nov 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $3,480

Re: Daily Devotional

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue May 10, 2022 11:12 am

Bible Study Verse
Proverbs 27:17 MSG “You use steel to sharpen steel, and one friend sharpens another” Proverbs 11:25 NIV “A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed”

Thoughts
Several years ago, we had some people from North Dakota, settled in a drop camp, hunting for deer. When we went to pack them out, they told me about a huge buck they kept seeing every morning, but he was in an extremely difficult location to reach. That evening, back at our lodge, we got the topo maps out, formulated a plan, and decided to try to get to the deer the next morning. We got up extremely early. We had to be to a certain location before the buck went back into the huge black timber. We rode our horses in the blackness of night. We navigated through harsh landscape and rugged terrain to our predetermined location. After tying the horses, we proceeded the rest of the way on foot. We located the deer, just where the guy had seen it before. He made the shot count, and he had a record book mule deer. Bob M

Action Point
In this situation, we had to make a plan, as a team, to harvest this magnificent animal. We used his information, along with topo maps and my knowledge of the area, to work together to accomplish our mission. In our journey of life, we should do the same thing. We need to work together to navigate through life’s challenges. If you find yourself struggling today, there’s a lot of wisdom and guidance in scripture to help us through any situation. It’s our topo map of today, our Google earth terrain road map. I encourage you to seek God’s help for your situation. You can ask someone, google your question, pick up the Bible and read it, listen to messages or podcasts on the subject you need help with, etc. but you need to take the first step. Please seek someone out to help you!!!
This is how we know what love is, Jesus Christ laid down his life for us.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed May 11, 2022 7:39 am

To Change, Give Yourself Away in Love
By Rick Warren — 05/11/2022

“Just as our bodies have many parts and each part has a special function, so it is with Christ’s body. We are many parts of one body, and we all belong to each other."

Romans 12:4-5 (NLT)

If you want lasting change in your life, you must fill your life with love.

Love is the only thing that can change the unchangeable. Love heals, uplifts, strengthens, energizes, refreshes, and renews. Love is the most powerful force in the universe because, as 1 John 4:8 says, “God is love” (NIV).

As a Christian, where do you find this kind of love? In community with other Christians.

God wired the universe in such a way that we need each other. I need you, and you need me. The phrase “one another” is used 58 times in the New Testament. It says things like love one another, care for one another, encourage one another, support one another, pray for one another, greet one another, share with one another.

God never meant for you to go through life by yourself. The Bible says in Romans 12:4-5, “Just as our bodies have many parts and each part has a special function, so it is with Christ’s body. We are many parts of one body, and we all belong to each other” (NLT).

What does it mean to “belong to each other”? It means you need the people around you, and they need you. You become each other’s spiritual family. You help each other toward your goals and encourage each other as you become more like Christ.

The Bible is clear about what love looks like in a spiritual family: “Don’t just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good. Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other” (Romans 12:9-10 NLT).

“Take delight in honoring each other”—I love that! You know what that means? It means when people in your community have a win in their health, finances, or any goal they’ve set, you celebrate with them. And when life is difficult, your community of believers is the first to comfort and support you.

Here’s the amazing thing: God has wired the universe so that when you help other people, God simultaneously works on your problems. There is healing in giving back.

Remember when Job lost everything, including his health, his family, and his wealth? At the end of the story, God gave it all back to Job—because Job prayed, not for himself but for his friends. The Bible says, “After Job had prayed for his friends, the Lord restored his fortunes and gave him twice as much as he had before” (Job 42:10 NIV).

Do you need lasting, positive change as you work toward your goals? Give yourself away in love, and then watch God work in your life.

Talk It Over

What are the changes you want to make in your life this year? How will the support of a spiritual family help you accomplish those goals?
How has God worked in your life as you have loved other Christians?
Who are the people in your life who need your love and support or need you to celebrate with them today?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed May 11, 2022 7:40 am

Bible Study Verse
19-21 Joseph replied, “Don’t be afraid. Do I act for God? Don’t you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now—life for many people. (Gen 50:19-21, The Message)

Thoughts
Just like military dress uniforms that carry medals depicting skirmishes and battles, so a fisherman’s vest is layered with badges of victories. Each piece of tackle pinned, zipped or attached by carabiner has a vital function and story. Pockets bulging with assorted leaders and different wet/dry flies are tools purposefully carried into battle. Mid-stream, an experienced fisherman might pull needle nose pliers, locking forceps or clippers to replace bait based on fresh flies buzzing just above the water. Suspicious that a leader may be visible, a canister of mud might be pinched and applied. Like commendations and sashes worn by war-tested veterans, a detailed fishing vest and the fisherman wearing it tell stories of combat testing and lessons learned. …Bruce M

Action Point
Admit it: life has NOT gone according to your plans! Similarly, Joseph’s coat-of-many-colors speaks to a journey; not a destination. Seeing these parallels, however, means resisting the impulse to jump ahead to the end of the story. Truly, God re-writes Joseph’s brothers’ envy, bitterness and evil-intent and, ultimately, fulfills Joseph’s birthright delivering Israel and Egyptians from famine. By jumping from Joseph’s arrogant dreams to the birthright culminated, we miss how each color of Joseph’s tunic tells a story of character refined during that journey. Each color is a twist. Each shade is a medal of achievement. Each hue is a victory over challenge. The colors of Joseph’s coat display stories of treachery, slavery, authority, deceit, imprisonment, redemption, governance, elevation to power, forgiveness and deliverance. When my life doesn’t follow my plans, I need to remember that each veteran’s commendation is about integrity. Each hook, tin, tool and fly in a fishing vest tells a story of refined experience. In New Morning Mercies (April 21), Paul Tripp writes, “If God intended for all of the days of your life to be easy, they would be. No, in grace, he intends for your days to be tools of refinement”. Vests, like Joseph’s tunic, are birthrights which tapestry tells rich stories of situations that polished our character.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu May 12, 2022 10:32 am

How to Stay Enthusiastic for a Lifetime
By Rick Warren — 05/12/2022

“Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."

Romans 12:11-12 (NIV)

In order to reach your goals, you have to figure out how to maintain your enthusiasm over the long haul.

Ralph Waldo Emerson said, “Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.” I believe that with all of my heart and have found it to be true in my life. You’ve got to have passion and enthusiasm, or you’re never going to make it to the finish line.

Most people would consider me an enthusiastic person—and I am. I haven’t been an enthusiastic person for just a week or a month. My enthusiasm has not waned after a year or five years or 10 years. I have been consistently enthusiastic about the goals that I’ve set for more than 30 years.

How do you do that? How do you stay enthusiastic day after day in spite of delays, difficulties, dead ends, problems, pressures, and criticisms? How do you stay enthusiastic for more than 30 years?

Positive thinking is not enough. Pulling yourself up by your psychological bootstraps is not enough. Talking yourself into optimism is not enough.

The way you stay enthusiastic for a lifetime is found in the word “enthusiasm,” which comes from the Greek word en theos. En is the Greek word for “in.” Theos is the Greek word for “God.” So en theos means to be “in God.”

When you get in God, you will be enthusiastic. It’s the kind of enthusiasm that isn’t affected by the economy or the weather or your circumstances. It’s eternal, because you are tied to the eternal God. You are in Christ.

Paul tells you how to be “in God”—enthusiastic—in Romans 12:11-12: “Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer” (NIV).

If you want to reach your goals, you need to get God-given enthusiasm by being joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer.

Start by praying this prayer today: “Dear God, I don’t want to go another day without you in my life, controlling every part of my heart. I dedicate myself to you. I offer myself as a living sacrifice to you as a spiritual act of worship.

“I humbly admit that I need help. I want you to renew my mind, so I can think the way you want me to think—with the mind of Christ. Please forgive me for my pride. I don’t want to think more highly of myself than I should. My faith needs to grow, and I need your help to set goals that can be measured so I can manage them. Forgive me for trying to change on my own.

“I want to fill my life with love. I want to fill my life with you. Help me to take delight in honoring other people and to focus on giving my life away so that you can take care of my needs. I want to nurture my enthusiasm by being in you. Help me to be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer. In Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Talk It Over

How have you tried in your own strength to be enthusiastic about reaching a goal over a long period of time? Were you successful?
When have you experienced God-given enthusiasm? How did it change how you worked toward a goal?
In what part of your life do you need to be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, or faithful in prayer today?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu May 12, 2022 10:34 am

Bible Study Verse
Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Thoughts
I had the privilege of having my father as my hunting mentor growing up. When it had come time for me to go on my first deer hunt my father took the time to teach me everything I needed to know. We had spent months scouting the area I would be hunting, finding a tree to hang my stand, and clearing shooting lanes.
The first day of gun season in Pennsylvania had finally come. I remember the exact words my father told me in the dark morning hours once we arrived at my stand. He told me three things that morning once I was settled in my stand. The first thing he said was, “Stay in the stand.” (I’ll share the other two in later devotionals) My father knew that staying in that elevated position was going to give me the best opportunity of being successful that day.
Around 10:30 that morning I was blessed to harvest my first buck. Three inches on one side was legal in Pennsylvania at that time. He wasn’t much to write home about, and would never make the wall, but he was a trophy to me. Let us just say he was legal. -Brandon B.

Action Point
The word substance in Hebrews 11:1 is the greek compound word “hupostasis". Hupo means “under” and stasis means “stand”. Together they form the word "understand”. Not in the case of “I understand that”, but in the idea of "what is underneath you that you are standing on". For the disciple of Christ, our faith is our foundation. When the world seems to continue to decline, and the culture we live in continues to move further away from godliness, our faith is what we stand on. Faith is what gives us hope. Faith in Jesus is what we trust in for an unseen future with Him. Jesus told us to pray for things to be on earth as they are in heaven. It's coming! Are you ready?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Fri May 13, 2022 5:01 am

Bible Study Verse
“The light shines in the darkness, and the light has not overcome it.”
John 1:5 ESV

Thoughts
My husband and I were hiking and exploring petroglyphs in Dubois, WY when our friend pulled over to meet us. He got out and proceeded to walk over to a specific tree. This tree was not one you’d find yourself spreading out a picnic blanket under in full bloom during springtime. This tree knew darkness. It stood haunting and twisted to serve as a reminder of the price darkness demands. It felt eerily familiar to my own darkness I was overcoming at the time. I thought it odd when he asked me how I would capture a photograph of the tree. Was this tree even worthy of capturing? I climbed a nearby boulder to get some perspective. The view beyond the tree was beautiful. Depending on where you looked you could see a daunting life or a promising future. I climbed down deep in thought about what I had realized. That day has remained tucked in my memories. Looking back now, I have learned that we can’t overcome our darkness if we don’t change our perspective to see the beauty of life in front of us. Thank you to that special friend for helping me more than they realized.
Holly J.

Action Point
We will always battle darkness. Darkness lives within each of us. It resonates according to what tempts us. Knowing ourselves is invaluable through this venture of life. Life is meant to be lived according to the Spirit. The battle of flesh and bone cannot withstand the energy and power of The Spirit. It is not good food, breath in our lungs, or pure water that sustains us. It is first Love that liberates our darkness. We must first love ourselves if we are going to allow love to linger, settling upon our soul. We will live our lives based on the viewpoint that we have of ourselves. It becomes our fingerprint. Our childhood, environment, and circumstance are powerful entities that suggest four walls. However, if we have the vision to see over those walls, we won’t live as a manager of our circumstance, but will create a life out of self-discovery and truth. Jacob endured abuse and abandonment. Esther endured living in fear and developed courage to overcome. Ruth sacrificed all she had and was blessed beyond measure. Therefore, we must calculate our circumstances in life and create a life based on truth, faith, and unwavering belief. Constructive faith based changes made consistently over time will restructure a life. A foundation is laid based on knowledge. Knowledge of ones abilities, understanding, and truth are essential to overcome darkness. We must develop a life lived and guided by His spirit.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon May 16, 2022 11:55 am

God Made You Wonderfully Complex
By Rick Warren — 05/16/2022

“Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it."

Psalm 139:14 (NLT)

The Bible says there’s nothing simple about you. You’re complex and multifaceted. You’re not easy to understand or explain. In Psalm 139:14, David says, “Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!” (NLT).

To make changes in your life and become all that God intends for you to be, you have to look at every dimension of your life, not just one. As Ecclesiastes 7:18 says, “A person who fears God deals responsibly with all of reality, not just a piece of it” (The Message).

For the next few days, we’re going to look together at five factors that create your identity. You did not choose these factors. God dealt them to you.

Have you ever played a game of cards? Usually, you have to play the cards you’re dealt. You don’t get to mix and match them. You don’t get to say, “I want to play someone else’s hand instead.” You can only play the cards you’re given.

In many ways this is a metaphor for life. Some things are just part of the hand you’re dealt—like your parents, birthplace, race, and talents. You didn’t choose them—but that’s what you have to play with, like it or not.

The Bible says a lot about the factors that you’re given in life that make you you. In fact, the Bible gives four facts that are true about each aspect of your identity.

Everything in the world is marred by sin. No part of your life is perfect because nothing in this world is perfect. The weather is broken. The economy is broken. Your body is broken. Your relationships are broken. Nothing about life on Earth is perfect—so nothing in your life will ever be perfect.

God sent Jesus as your Savior. Jesus came to save you from your sin and for heaven—but also to save you from yourself. When you accept Jesus as your Savior, he can change those cards you’ve been dealt into a winning hand.

You will give an account to God of how you lived your life. God won’t judge you based on someone else’s hand. But he does expect you to play the hand you’re dealt in life to the best of your ability and to make the most of what you’ve got.

The Bible tells you how to become all God created you to be. In other words, the Bible gives you what you need to win the game with the hand you’ve been dealt.

For the next few days, we’re going to look at the five things that make you uniquely you—chemistry, connections, circumstances, consciousness, and choices. When you understand your unique, complex identity, then you can begin to make changes to become all God created you to be.

Talk It Over

What are some of the imperfect qualities that make you unique?
How can you use those flaws to bring God glory?
Because of sin, nothing on Earth is perfect—but Jesus came to save you from sin. How does that understanding change how you live?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon May 16, 2022 11:57 am

Bible Study Verse
Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, Who loved me and gave Himself up for me.

Thoughts
The never-ending question that has been around since Satan tempted Eve is: Who is in charge? When you see a nice 28" brown trout swimming freely in a clear back eddy along a pristine mountain stream, he is in charge of his domain.

You skillfully cast just the right fly into the back eddy; he socks it with a ferocious appetite--then you are in charge. You catch the fish, bring it in on the bank, and put it on a stringer to be cooked later for your pleasure. You're still in charge.

In whose domain are you, right now? Who or what is in charge of your life? You may not know it, but if you are a Christian, you have been crucified with Christ. He is in charge; life is not about you or your ego anymore.
(Tom H)

Action Point
Live as if Jesus were really in charge of your life, because He is! It is when we contradict this truth that our lives get muddled and twisted. Read the above verse again. It doesn't say anything about us calling all the shots.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu May 26, 2022 4:33 pm

Faith Is Believing What You Can’t See
By Rick Warren — 05/26/2022

“Faith means being sure of the things we hope for and knowing that something is real even if we do not see it.”

Hebrews 11:1 (NCV)

The life that God planned for you to live is really pretty simple. It’s a life of faith and love.

Matthew 22 gives us the principle of love. It says “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind’ . . . And . . . ‘Love your neighbor as you love yourself’” (Matthew 22:37, 39 NCV).

And Hebrews 11 explains what it means to live a life of faith: “Without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him” (Hebrews 11:6 NIV).

If you’re a parent, you know how pleased you are when your child trusts you. It’s the same way with God. Your trust in him—your faith—pleases him.

What is faith? Faith is believing when you can’t see it.

People say, “Seeing is believing.” God says the exact opposite: “Believing is seeing.” Some things you’ll never see unless you believe them first.

Hebrews 11:1 says it like this: “Faith means being sure of the things we hope for and knowing that something is real even if we do not see it” (NCV).

Every great achievement started when someone first believed it was possible. Faith turns dreams into realities. In other words, it makes reality out of what’s in your imagination. Nothing happens until someone first believes it’s possible.

Over 40 years ago, I stood in front of a small group of people for the first service of Saddleback Church. I shared a dream God gave me for a church with 50 acres of land—a church that would minister to 20,000 people every week. People laughed. Frankly, I laughed too. We all knew the high price of land in Orange County. It seemed impossible.

But God did it. Everything God has done through Saddleback in the last four decades was impossible before it happened. But we had faith that God would do the impossible.

What about you? What dream do you have today that requires faith?

Spend some time today asking God, “What do you want me to do?” When you’re tuned into and talking to God, setting goals becomes an act of faith.

Talk It Over

What’s one thing you once thought was impossible that you have seen God accomplish?
What is one dream you’re trusting God to turn into reality?
What is your biggest fear when it comes to the dream or vision God has given you for your life?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu May 26, 2022 4:35 pm

Bible Study Verse
John 1:43-48 -- 43 The next day Jesus decided to leave for Galilee. Finding Philip, he said to him, “Follow me.” 44 Philip, like Andrew and Peter, was from the town of Bethsaida. 45 Philip found Nathanael and told him, “We have found the one Moses wrote about in the Law, and about whom the prophets also wrote—Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.” 46 “Nazareth! Can anything good come from there?” Nathanael asked. “Come and see,” said Philip. 47 When Jesus saw Nathanael approaching, he said of him, “Here truly is an Israelite in whom there is no deceit.” 48 “How do you know me?” Nathanael asked. Jesus answered, “I saw you while you were still under the fig tree before Philip called you.” (NIV©)

Thoughts
The year, 2012. The place, northern Arizona. The reason, a bear hunt to try to complete my “Arizona Big Ten.” I was set up on a point just above the overlook of a draw. The varmint call squalled as I blew into it and when I stopped I heard something unusual, logs rolling in the draw. After a few minutes I hit the call again and heard the logs rolling again. Obviously, something unusual was going on. A few minutes later I was looking to my left and slowly turned my head to see a bear standing erect about forty-five yards in front of me looking at the exact spot where I was sitting. Now, it has always amazed me that an animal responding to a call can come from a long way off and know exactly where I am. I’ve had coyotes come on a dead run from over a half mile away and stop and look at me from less than twenty yards. The bear had come from out of the draw where there was no way it could have seen me, yet here it was staring at me. I watched for a minute to be sure there were no cubs with the bear and when the .300 H&H roared, I had my bear and had completed my goal! My quest for the Arizona Big Ten was done! (Cliff S)

Action Point
Jesus sees us where we are. Re-read today’s scripture, Jesus saw Nathaniel approaching. We are not told from where, other than from sitting under a tree. Notice, Jesus was specific, it was a fig tree, Nathaniel was sitting under it, and Jesus saw him before Philip found him. Application? Jesus sees us exactly where are, knows our exact needs, knows our exact questions, and He is calling us to Him. Jesus wants us to believe in Him and be saved. How do we hear Jesus calling us? When we read the Word of God, the Bible. That is where we can get answers to questions and learn about Jesus and the Father. Is Jesus calling you today? If so, say yes to Jesus and accept Him into your heart. It’s the best call you’ll ever respond to!

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu May 26, 2022 4:48 pm

How Do You Forgive?
By Rick Warren — 05/25/2022

“God has done it all! He sent Christ to make peace between himself and us, and he has given us the work of making peace between himself and others. What we mean is that God was in Christ, offering peace and forgiveness to the people of this world. And he has given us the work of sharing his message about peace. We were sent to speak for Christ, and God is begging you to listen to our message. We speak for Christ and sincerely ask you to make peace with God."

2 Corinthians 5:18-20 (CEV)

In 1956, five American missionaries headed to the rainforest of the eastern Amazon in Ecuador to make a second visit to the isolated Huaorani tribe. The people had a culture of killing, and anthropological studies suggest as much as 54 percent of the tribe died by homicide.

Soon after the missionaries got out of the plane, they were speared to death by members of the tribe. The brutal murders made news around the world and were on the covers of Life magazine, Time, and Newsweek. Many newspapers reported the deaths of these men, who included Nate Saint and Jim Elliot.

A couple years later, Elisabeth and Valerie Elliot (wife and daughter of Jim) and Rachel Saint (sister of Nate) moved into the Huaorani village to show love and forgiveness and minister to the people who had killed their family. Eventually, Mincaye, the leader of the tribe, and the five men who participated in the missionary murders all became Christians.

The kind of forgiveness that Elisabeth Elliot and Rachel Saint modeled doesn’t make sense until you have been forgiven by God. Once you’ve experienced God’s forgiveness, how do you forgive? You do the four things that these women did.

Relinquish your right to get even. Romans 12:19 says, “Don’t try to get even. Let God take revenge” (CEV). Leave it up to God. He’ll take care of it, and he’ll do a much better job than you ever could.

Respond to evil with good. How can you tell when you’ve completely forgiven someone? You can actually pray for God to bless the person who hurt you. The Bible says, “Do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you” (Luke 6:27-28 NIV).

Repeat these steps as long as necessary. The book of Matthew records a conversation about forgiveness between Jesus and Peter: “Peter came up to the Lord and asked, ‘How many times should I forgive someone who does something wrong to me? Is seven times enough?’ Jesus answered: ‘Not just seven times, but seventy-seven times!’” (CEV). Sometimes forgiveness is continual.

Rescue others with the Good News of God’s forgiveness. The Bible says in 2 Corinthians 5:18-20, “God has done it all! He sent Christ to make peace between himself and us, and he has given us the work of making peace between himself and others. What we mean is that God was in Christ, offering peace and forgiveness to the people of this world. And he has given us the work of sharing his message about peace. We were sent to speak for Christ, and God is begging you to listen to our message. We speak for Christ and sincerely ask you to make peace with God.”

Forgiveness is difficult. But it becomes easier when you stop trying to forgive on your own and, instead, forgive others because God has already forgiven you.

Talk It Over

Why do you think it’s so difficult to relinquish your right to get even?
In what relationship do you need to respond to evil with good? What’s one way you can do that this week?
Who do you know that needs to hear God’s message of peace and forgiveness?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:41 pm

Make the Choice to Rejoice
By Rick Warren — 06/07/2022

“I will continue to rejoice. For I know that as you pray for me and the Spirit of Jesus Christ helps me, this will lead to my deliverance.”

Philippians 1:18-19 (NLT)

When things are falling apart, don’t try to work it out yourself. Let God put the pieces back together.

If you’re facing a problem, you’ve got two options: You can worship, or you can worry. That’s it! This is what I call the faith factor.

Paul says in Philippians 1:18-19, “I will continue to rejoice. For I know that as you pray for me and the Spirit of Jesus Christ helps me, this will lead to my deliverance” (NLT).

In that one Scripture passage, Paul reveals several sources of strength for staying positive and happy in tough times.

First, you have to keep God’s perspective about your problems. Paul says, “For I know . . .” It’s what you know that keeps you going. Paul knows God is working in the midst of his struggle, and he keeps God’s bigger perspective that helps him see past his problems.

Second, Paul has people praying for him, and that keeps him going. Knowing you have the support of other believers is like having wind to fill your sails. It keeps you from giving up.

Then he says, “The Spirit of Jesus Christ helps me.” The Holy Spirit also keeps Paul going. And the same Spirit that keeps Paul going is the Spirit that is working in you and helping you persevere as a follower of Jesus.

Finally, he says, “This will lead to my deliverance.” Paul has faith that God will work his problems for good. God is going to do his good work, no matter what you decide. But he also wants to see you growing in faith and showing him that you believe he can do it.

Because he has God’s perspective, the prayer of friends, the Holy Spirit, and faith, Paul chooses to “continue to rejoice.”

Make the choice to rejoice.

Talk It Over

What does it look like to worship God in the midst of a struggle?
Who do you rely on for prayer support? Who can you count on to faithfully pray for your spiritual growth?
Think of a problem you’re experiencing right now. How have you seen God work in the midst of your pain? What do you expect God to do in and through you because of this experience?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:42 pm

Bible Study Verse
Proverbs 13:20 NIV “Walk with the wise and become wise, for a companion of fools suffers harm.”
Proverbs 13:20 MSG “Become wise by walking with the wise; hang out with fools and watch your life fall to pieces.”

Thoughts
It was a beautiful fall day in Wyoming, the morning was crisp and clear. The sun was just beginning to show itself on the horizon causing the shadows to shift on the colorful landscape. It was amazing. We were hunting in an area with high sage and some rock out-croppings. On this day, we were after a special mule deer. We walked slowly, glassing with our binocs as we did. I spotted the mule deer laying down. We carefully planned our stalk. We knew time was on our side because the deer was bedded down. We took our time. We came over a small crest and belly crawled to our vantage point. From there, the deer was 275 yards away. The friend I was with took his time and got ready for the shot. But when he looked through his scope he said it was blurry. He played with the focus but it didn’t help. He moved the power up and down but to no avail. He sighed heavily and said, “Guess you should have brought your rifle after all.” I had left my gun in the truck because I was tired and didn’t feel like carrying it. Plus, we had decided that my friend was the one to shoot today. In the moments that followed we just sat and watched this wonderful, 175 inch mule deer, admiring its beauty. Even though we didn’t harvest him, it was still fun and enjoyable. Bob M.

Action Plan
Many disappointing things happen in life. This one was avoidable. If we had looked at his gun before we left the truck, or if I had taken mine, we would have succeeded in our hunt. In hindsight, it was a pretty foolish decision for a couple of experienced hunters who know better. Many times we assume all is good and we don’t need to have a Plan B. That might not be the best decision you can make. Remember to check yourself once in a while. How is your relationship with Christ, your wife, your parents, your children, etc.? Are you praying? Do you worship God? Are you trying to be Christ-like in your life? Or are you just taking things for granted and moving through life without paying attention to the details? I know I have to check myself often or I’ll veer off course, go the way of the world, and end up looking like a fool.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:09 pm

Instead of Grumbling, Give Thanks
By Rick Warren — 06/17/2022

“Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”

1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NIV)

Fretting and fighting over the small stuff will always cause you to lose your happiness.

This is a hard habit to break because people are negative by nature and conditioned by culture. Ever since Adam and Eve, we have been going around excusing and accusing. We excuse ourselves for the mistakes we make, and we also accuse everybody else for our mistakes.

We say, “If I just had a different spouse, then I’d be happy. If I had just never gotten married, then I’d be happy. If I just had children, then I’d be happy. If my children would leave home, then I would be happy.”

That’s “when and then” thinking. But you are as happy as you choose to be! You can’t blame anybody else for your unhappiness because happiness is a choice. You have to stop excusing and accusing; you have to stop fretting and fighting over the small stuff.

The Bible says, “Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure” (Philippians 2:14-15 NIV).

Those may be some of the most difficult verses in the Bible. But the scariest verse in the Bible to me is Matthew 12:36, where Jesus says, “And I tell you that on the Judgment Day people will be responsible for every careless thing they have said” (NCV).

That ought to send shivers up your spine. How many times have you complained, grumbled, or argued about something when you shouldn’t have been sweating the small stuff? The first law of life is this: Don’t sweat the small stuff. Law number two is this: It’s almost all small stuff!

The Bible says in 1 Thessalonians 5:18, “Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus” (NIV).

Study after study has shown that gratitude is the healthiest attitude.

What do you have to be thankful for? Remember, no matter what is going on in your life, God is always with you, God is always in you, and God is always for you.

That’s cause for gratitude, not grumbling.

Talk It Over

Do you think you will have to give an account to God for the “small” things you’ve complained about? Why or why not?
According to 1 Thessalonians 5:18, what is God’s will for your life?
What are some practical ways you can practice gratitude throughout the day?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:10 am

Bible Study Verse
“Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too. You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had.” (Philippians 2:4-5, NLT)

Thoughts:
Here in Montana, I have a neighbor who has a vacation cabin. When he comes and visits, we’ll go fishing, hiking, or do something outdoors. Last year on the Fourth of July, I was looking forward to a quiet night with my family watching fireworks and fellowshipping about an hour away from my house. My neighbor asked if I was around to come over, and I told him I had already made plans with family, and I would not be available to come over. However, later in the night, I received a call from one of his family members, that he was in a bad spot and there were also some other extremely serious variables within the situation. My neighbor does not know the Lord, and I knew this could have a major impact on him. I knew I needed to go help him, not only to be there as a friend, but to have the opportunity to show him the love of Jesus. I then drove back to spend time with him, and on my way, I prayed that the Lord would use me to be there for him. Nevertheless, I spent the rest of the night with him, and through the Holy Spirit working within me, I know it left a major impact on him.
Cody L.

Action Point:
So much of the time, we want to do what’s comfortable in life. I know I fall into it more than I would like to admit. It was my humanistic mindset to think: “I have been working long work hours; I don’t want to deal with other people. I just want to have a nice, relaxed holiday evening with my family”. Even though God had a different plan and wanted me to be there for someone else, and it took the situation getting more serious for me to even consider it. But how many times do we honestly take the easy way out and do what’s comfortable and convenient for our ourselves? I think a lot of us get so caught up in our everyday lives that we lose sight of also taking an interest into others' lives. You might be the only time someone sees the love of Jesus, so we have to actively be looking for opportunities to take interest in someone else’s life! Even on the fourth of July.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Return to “Coon Hunters For Christ”