Daily Devotional

This space is provided in honor Joe Brooks and Coon Hunters For Christ. The PKC membership is happy to pray for you in a time of need.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Ronnie W. Stark
City, State: Water Valley, MS
PKC Member Since: 30 May 1990
Annual Membership Expires: 15 Nov 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $3,480

Re: Daily Devotional

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:10 pm

Bible Study Verse
Colossians 1:28
He is the one we proclaim, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone fully mature in Christ. (NIV)

Thoughts
On my daughters 2009 Javelina hunt we encountered some challenges, but were eventually rewarded with a well placed shot resulting in a very quick kill. The hunt didn't start out that way though. We began our hunt by tracking a herd of pigs into a mesquite thicket and decided to "call" them out. As soon as we started calling, we were over ran with pigs. They were running all around us and my daughter was unable to make a good shot.

Lesson learned? Turn the scope down from 9X to 3X when in close quarters with your game, and don't put yourself so close next time. The next time, an hour later, resulted in a similar situation, but with an excellent shot. What made this hunt so much different from all her previous hunts was when I gave this somewhat surprised 15 year old girl step by step instructions as she completely field dressed her kill by herself.
(Ruben C)

Action Point
Like a hunter teaches his son or daughter all aspects of hunting, God has always provided ways for His people to mature and to become complete. Not only is God focused on maturing our faith, but as we see in the passage above He uses his children to mature one another also. Discipleship can be accurately defined as "the voluntary instruction process that leads to strengthening and joy." It can take on many different forms, such as peer relationships (two mature Christians calling each other higher and deeper in Christ), or mentoring by a more experienced believer. Whichever you choose, just remember God calls us to let our light be seen (Luke 11:33) and share the hope we have in Christ with others.
This is how we know what love is, Jesus Christ laid down his life for us.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:12 pm

Two People
Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. (NLT) ( Ecclesiastes 4:9 )

There is nothing greater than a friend who walks beside you and encourages you. Sometimes we hear words from them we don't want to hear. Often their counsel is needed because they push us on to make us a better person. Do you have a friend or companion like this? If no one comes to mind, it's time to look through your phone's contact list. Find one person who can benefit from your friendship and make plans to eat a meal with them. Be the friend that helps others succeed.
Download this app to get your daily devotions: http://jctrois.com
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... 1B4PwjTkqd

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:15 pm

Purpose Will Prevail
You can make many plans, but the LORD's purpose will prevail. (NLT) ( Proverbs 19:21 )

Are you thinking of making changes in your life soon? You don't have to have everything figured out. That's the beautiful part of this verse. God will open the right doors to allow His will to be done. Trying to choose a college? Wondering about your living situation? Thinking of applying for a new position at work? God can handle it, just seek out His will by testing out different opportunities. Pray that God can show you His will for your life and ask for the courage to seek out new opportunities.
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... uIyj3XXwAW

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:04 pm

Wrongs
But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness. (NLT) ( 1 John 1:9 )

When you are confronted with your poor behavior how do you respond? Do you come up with reasons to blame the other person? Or do you return criticism and pull up past judgments? Neither of these reactions are valued and do nothing to further a relationship. Next time examine your role in the situation and own up to your wrongs. You will find forgiveness from Christ and others.
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... ebCJXqCbcF

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:07 pm

Hear Me
O LORD, hear me as I pray; pay attention to my groaning. (NLT) ( Psalm 5:1 )

Do you ever struggle with feeling like you aren't heard by others or worse misunderstood? It's never a good feeling when a trusted friend fails to listen or hear you. Rather than getting upset and mad at them recognize their limitations. Accept them for who they are and don't try to change them. Turn to God to be heard and understood. He is always waiting for you to turn your heart to Him. Have your needs met by God.
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... j5rdoepuLN

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:36 pm

Bible Study Verse
Philippians 2:4
Everyone should look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others. (HCSB)

Thoughts
It was the middle of June, a Monday I think, and I hadn't had a day off in about ten days. My charter for the day had won a trip that I had donated to an organization I cannot remember. All I knew was that I was not getting paid that day. Honestly, I did not have the best attitude.

After about an hour, it was obvious that the man, wife and friend on my boat were novices. The fishing was kind of slow as well, so we began talking about who they were and where they were from. Out of nowhere, the man said, "We got baptized yesterday!"

Talk about hitting me in the head with a 10lb redfish. We then talked about their relationship with God and why they had been baptized. God was speaking to me. My eyes began to water. Thank the Lord I was wearing dark polarized shades. Needlesstosay, it was a wonderful day on the boat.
(Bink G)

Action Point
The Lord got my attention quickly. He showed me that I am always a servant, even on a boat. He did plenty of ministering on a boat to fisherman. He showed me that my lifestyle is a blessing from Him and I should take a ministering attitude to the dock and my daily life every second of every minute. I should be prepared to be a witness to every person, even when I am tired and not in the best of moods. I am always a servant and should look out for the interests of others before my own.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:37 pm

Good Shepherd
"I am the good shepherd; I know my own sheep, and they know me," (NLT) ( John 10:14 )

These words came straight from Jesus' mouth. If you ever wonder whether Jesus cares for you or loves you, this is your verse. He knows you so well, even the cry of your heart. He is a good shepherd who has sacrificed Himself for you. If you are wondering where God is in your life or if He cares for you, this is your message. These are His words speaking directly to you.
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... AKTNMnLXVV

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:39 pm

Spend Whatever
The wise have wealth and luxury, but fools spend whatever they get. (NLT) ( Proverbs 21:20 )

Have you taken a look closely at your money, where it goes, and what percentage of it you spend? In this scripture, a fool is considered to not have self-control. Often there are ways of setting ourselves up for success so we don't spend all that we get. Try setting money aside right when you get your paycheck for saving and tithing. Then, live off of the rest. Over time, habits and routine can build our self-control muscle.
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... kXcTqWFli0

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:09 pm

To Each Other
Don't lie to each other, for you have stripped off your old sinful nature and all its wicked deeds. (NLT) ( Colossians 3:9 )

We all lie at one time or another, whether it's exaggerating, spreading false words about others, or even impressing others with our false image. There's a problem though with these actions. When others see beyond the lie they begin to lose confidence in our word. It's important to live our lives authentically. Are there areas in your life where you misrepresent yourself to others? Come clean and own up to the real you.
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... NstZbEz5WQ

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:13 pm

Bible Study Verse
Acts 9:3-4
As he neared Damascus on his journey, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, "Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?" (NIV)

Thoughts
Saul had his life turned around 180 degrees while on the road to Damascus. My life also changed drastically about 20-25yrs ago. I wasn't off killing people, but I was intent on reducing the largemouth bass population.

I bought my first bass boat, an aluminum Bass Tracker, in the early 80's. From there I graduated up to a Skeeter fiberglass boat. It had a lot of the whistles and bells popular at the time. I was obsessed with bass fishing while maing two or three trips a month to my favorite fishing lakes. I remember mouthing prayers several times as I left Jasper, Texas, a town close to Sam Rayburn Reservoir--thanking the Lord for the ability to fish and "Please don't let me loose these opportunities."

Guess what! After going through some financial difficulties, the boat had to be sold. Without a boat, fishing most of the major lakes in Texas is pretty much impossible. Either there is no access to the water or the shoreline is privately owned. My obsession with bass fishing had been dealt a severe blow. I had a Damascus experience. Though I hadn't been knocked off a donkey or horse by a blinding light, I was knocked out of my boat.
(Tom B)

Action Point
Like Saul, my life had suddenly changed. It took me longer than it took Saul to be able to see clearly again. Slowly the Lord opened my eyes to see that there were other ways to pursue the sport. He had cured me of the obsession. Now it's just a passion in my life. He showed me different ways of fishing. I found a bass club that had lots of empty seats open to non-boaters in their tournaments. I discovered there are many ponds (stock tanks) in Texas that you can fish with permission. Some of these tanks had better fishing than the large impoundments. He also showed me some new fishing techniques that I would never had experienced otherwise. He opened my eyes.

I am not saying that the modern bass boats with all of the features are bad news. They are really an enjoyable way to pursue the fish and I would love to have another boat if that were possible. But, I learned that I needed to have a proper perspective on the total picture.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:05 am

Not Stifle
Do not stifle the Holy Spirit. (NLT) ( 1 Thessalonians 5:19 )

What does the Holy Spirit feel like? It's an inner urge that can come gently or even forcefully to say words, connect people, or take action. Usually the result of the prompting of the Holy Spirit brings healing, strength and joy, only good things. It may not necessarily be clear to us in the moment how our words and actions bring healing. By stifling the Holy Spirit, we don't carry out the message we have received and stand in the way. The next time you feel the inner gut feeling to follow through on something, embrace it and let the Holy Spirit work through you.
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... rrCPv6woa9

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:48 am

Path To Take
Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. (NLT) ( Proverbs 3:6 )

Usually we reserve the big decisions for God to throw in His two cents, such as job options, marriage partner, and moving possibilities. Yet we are quick to make "smaller" decisions without giving any thought to God's will. Where we spend our time, who we spend it with, and the words we say are decisions we make daily, but don't think twice about inviting God into the process. It's quite possibly these smaller decisions which make a greater impact on our lives when we ask God to show us His will. The next time you make a decision, invite God.
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... navaFmjdeX

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:33 pm

Bible Study Verses
II Peter 1:10-11
Therefore, believers, be all the more diligent to make certain about His calling and choosing you [be sure that your behavior reflects and confirms your relationship with God]; for by doing these things [actively developing these virtues], you will never stumble [in your spiritual growth and will live a life that leads others away from sin]; for in this way entry into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will be abundantly provided to you. (Amplified)

Thoughts
A great passion of mine is winter wade fishing for trophy seatrout and redfish. It is a stealthy and exciting way to fish. However, there are hazards. Shoreline bottoms are intermittingly made up of soft muddy spots, rocks, shallow holes and reefs of various sizes. Although I have come close, I have not fallen. It is always a concern that I could trip in the cold winter water, thus ruining my trip. I am cognizant of the perils and move carefully, stepping over rocks or avoiding soft muddy areas.

Giving one's life to Christ does not take away the hazards of life. But, if you are steadfast, the Holy Spirit will guide you and help you sidestep the many rocks and soft spots that will be in your path.
(Will D)

Action Point
It is distinctly possible there are places and/or people in your life that will cause you to stumble. If so, consider Paul's charge in I Timothy 6:11, "But as for you, [a]O man of God, flee from these things; aim at and pursue righteousness [true goodness, moral conformity to the character of God], godliness [the fear of God], faith, love, steadfastness, and gentleness" (Amplified).

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:07 am

Read It Too
After you have read this letter, pass it on to the church at Laodicea so they can read it, too. And you should read the letter I wrote to them. (NLT) ( Colossians 4:16 )

Have you received a spiritual revelation lately or learned a faith lesson recently? It's important to share it with others. They too can hear how God has been moving in your life as well as learn from your experience. In the same way, we can encourage others to keep pushing forward in their struggles. Paul is encouraging two churches to do the same by exchanging letters. Go on, share your personal faith insight with other believers.
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... vkHvr8lxbY

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:30 pm

Bible Study Verse
Proverbs 24:10
If you falter in a time of trouble, how small is your strength! (NIV)

Thoughts
My son and a friend traveled to Wyoming to visit my wife and I and to do some trout fishing. We decided to pack into a remote mountain lake at 10,000 ft elevation. There were five riders and two pack horses to carry the float tubes and camping gear. The trip in went fairly well.

While we stopped once to tighten the packs, one of the horses, Molly, decided to be independent and wander off the trails looking for fresh morsels. Brock, a young and inexperienced rider, got a little frustrated with Molly. But with some instruction, he became more assertive. The horse began to cooperate and stay on the trails.

We unpacked the horses and set up camp, apparently just in time. A severe, unexpected storm hit the mountains. It poured for what seemed like hours. It was flooding, so we trenched around the tents and the camping area.

One of the horses got spooked in the storm and ran away. We tracked him and managed to get him back to camp. The temperature dropped after the storm went through. Wet and cold, we tried to start a fire, but had difficulty. After finally finding dry kindling under a large cut back rock, we started a fire under the rock and transferred the coals to a spot near our campsite. We dried out our clothes and eventually warmed up. The fishing was slow because of the storm. On the way down the mountain, a pack slipped, so the gear had to be repacked.

Even with all the difficulties, I never heard a complaint or any angry words. How often is this the case in our outdoor activities? I'm thankful that these Christian men followed Philippian 2:14, " Do everything without grumbling or arguing," (NIV). They had the strength to endure and made the trip a memorable one.
(Tom L)

Action Point
It is critical that we set an example of strength to our children and friends without complaining or arguing. When troubles come our way, ask God for His strength and wisdom. He is always faithful.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Return to “Coon Hunters For Christ”