To all the youth hunters!!!!!! Must read!!!

PKC invites all young hunters, age thirteen to sixteen years to post here. Those under age 13 must meet "Parential Consent" requirements found on the "Agreement" page.
Click on the "Under Age 13" link for details.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

John Granberry
PKC Name: John Granberry
City, State: Booneville, MS
PKC Member Since: 19 Dec 1996
Annual Membership Expires: 11 Jul 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $49,295
Cell #: 662-825-0461

To all the youth hunters!!!!!! Must read!!!

Postby John Granberry » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:10 pm

Some of you younger people may know me and some may not, but I've been at this sport a long time. I would like to share something with all of you that may be helpful to all of you in life as well as this sport. I have hunted since I was a very young boy my dad hunted but never on the scale that I pushed myself. As I went into adulthood I found that there was a drive in me to attend, and compete in competition coonhunting. The will to win was strong in fact so strong that it consumed me. I sometimes lost focus on the important things in life,like God, family, and even friendships. Sportsmanship is a very wide term it covers everything from how we are at home, the clubs, and in the woods. I can tell you that there were times where I wasn't the sportsman nor the person I should've been and for every one of those times I wish I could go back and right my wrongs, but unfortunately I will never have that chance! So, here is what is what I am saying to all of you, conduct yourselves in a way that when you get to be my age you don't have to look back and think" man I wish I would've done this or not done that" . Walk proud and lead by example you have a hard task ahead of you as our replacements. Our sport is fading and changing everyday! Invite your friends to go hunting with you, show them that as a whole we have a great time. Read, learn, and understand our rules so that when the situation arises and you feel like you have been done wrong you can say"I would like to question that call judge "and do it knowing that you have grounds to stand on, not just for the sake of argument. I have one other request and I believe that as a whole everyone in PKC would agree with this one, if you have the chance to help an individual, whether it's helping get their dog back or as simple as reaching back to lend a hand to help someone out of a ditch, do so. I love out sport and in the last year I spent a lot of time helping a youth hunter learn the rules and taking him to hunts, the last thing I told him when he left for the youth world was to make sure that he had fun with this. It is fun and it is rewarding sometimes even when you lose because you turned and helped someone in some kind of way.
UKC Gr Nt Ch PKC Sch Brushy Creek Sally
UKC Gr Nt Ch PKC Sch Backwater Bubba
Sch Wipeout Little Bud
Sch Deep South Fannie
Gr Nt Ch. PKC Sch Deep South Sis
Ch High Plains Stacker

Daniel Alva
Starting Member
PKC Name: Daniel Alva
City, State: Colon, MI
PKC Member Since: 12 Apr 2013
Annual Membership Expires: 15 May 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $3,985

Re: To all the youth hunters!!!!!! Must read!!!

Postby Daniel Alva » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:36 am

That is an awesome piece of advise and agree completely with you thanks for posting!!!

Return to “PKC Youth Hunters & Youth Hunt Results”