End Of Era - PROHOUND Discontinued

This Forum is used only for Moderators of the Prohound Online Forum. Viewable by only you and other Moderators.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Clayton Smith
Starting Member
PKC Name: Clayton Smith
City, State: Jasper, AR
PKC Member Since: 10 Jul 2006
Annual Membership Expires: 06 Jul 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $23,643
Cell #: 8704165490

Re: End Of Era - PROHOUND Discontinued

Postby Clayton Smith » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:56 pm

William Heffington wrote:Sad day. I have a 7 and 5 year old and they look forward to the prohound magazine whenever it comes in the mail. I’d pay an higher membership fee to keep the magazine! Not to mention the only good thing about running a breed or National race is getting your picture on the cover of the magazine.

I agree! I’m 32 years old and have looked forward to the day the dog I hunt might get to be on the cover of that magazine. Finally however many years later we win the breed race and will be on the cover! Then this? It’s not all about me but I feel a lot of the prestige is lost with this move. Might be small to some but I’m sure I’m not the only youngster that grew up wanting my dogs picture on that cover! It might be small but definitely plays a role in peoples drive to go to Pkc hunts!
Heather Island Ruby

Robert Anderson
Bronze Member
PKC Name: Robert Anderson
City, State: Millers Creek, NC
PKC Member Since: 16 Jun 2004
Annual Membership Expires: 08 Dec 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $3,916
Cell #: 336-927-6576

Postby Robert Anderson » Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:16 pm

Never thought in a million years I would say this but UKC is doing so much better than PKC. Maybe UKC will come up with a state race and etc I don’t understand this move by pkc and to keep the membership the same after this just unbelievable

Mike Fleming
Gold Member
PKC Name: Mike Fleming
City, State: Abbeville, SC
PKC Member Since: 20 Jan 1995
Annual Membership Expires: 16 Dec 2022
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $980
Cell #: 864-378-2551

Postby Mike Fleming » Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:18 pm

$$$
Mike Fleming

John Dalton
Silver Member
PKC Name: John B. Dalton
City, State: Kenbridge, VA
PKC Member Since: 30 Jan 1986
Annual Membership Expires: 06 Jul 2025
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $6,097

Postby John Dalton » Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:25 pm

Maybe R.D.ought to team up with American cooner and give everyone a subscription to that magazine for a year also..Will be a plus for all involved..Might help keep that magazine afloat and everyone can get their news and some articles.
____________Home of Valley Creek hunting supplies
Dalton farms Softball and misty hollow kennels
www.valleycreekhunting.com

Bradley Hall
Gold Member
PKC Name: Bradley E. Hall
City, State: Coatesville, IN
PKC Member Since: 04 Aug 1994
Annual Membership Expires: 29 Sep 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $13,734

Postby Bradley Hall » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:19 am

I have not hunted a dog in a PKC hunt in nearly 3 years and only spectated in a PKC hunt 1 time in that nearly 3 years.
But I loved getting the prohound and taking it to work and reading it all cover to cover.
Are their not going to be any more written story’s by Amy on the recent winners sharing their story to the big win? What about the kids world hunt where the kids can’t way to show their friends at school the cast pictures taken proving they hunted in youth world hunt? The advertisements, the current state presidents name and number, the Sire and Breeder of the year monthly standings I mean the list goes on.
Folks the truth is PKC has lost its visionary. The good ol days of Jarvis (Mr Jarvis a true visionary) Larry Meeks and Mr Roy was the backbone and height of PKC. I am sure RD would love to be able to sell amd move on but we are seeing the demise. Don’t be surprised when we get the lefter we regret that says The End of an Era has come PKC is closing shop!
BradHallAuctioneer.com

Bruce White
Starting Member
PKC Name: Bruce White
City, State: Morgantown, KY
PKC Member Since: 12 Jun 1986
Annual Membership Expires: 16 Oct 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $18,729

Postby Bruce White » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:42 am

I basically agree with John Strickland that this is bad for PKC and Coon hunting in general. Mr. Walker is a good businessman and I hope the Cooner will pitch their new and expanded publication to hunters who still want a print edition. Trying to look on the bright side of a dark day for our sport.

Harry Watkins
PKC National Director
PKC Name: Harry Watkins
City, State: Holtwood, PA
PKC Member Since: 05 Sep 1991
Annual Membership Expires: 03 Nov 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $54,841

Postby Harry Watkins » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:44 am

I can't believe this decision has been made to discontinue the magazine. As I looked through Prohound tonight I realized how much information is included in the magazine that isn't covered on their website. I really think this is a huge mistake on the part of PKC. The point has already been made that a lot of older people who no longer hunt pay a membership to follow what's going on in PKC. Many older people don't get online to follow the coonhound world , they are old school and like to read it in a magazine. I predict a big drop in membership in the coming year as I know many people who are members strictly for the magazine. As Jason Daugherty said times are changing but I for one don't like this change one bit.

Chris Tedford
Starting Member
PKC Name: Chris Tedford
City, State: Ozark, AR
PKC Member Since: 30 Nov 2002
Annual Membership Expires: 05 Jul 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $33,535
Cell #: (479)213-0167

Postby Chris Tedford » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:58 am

Piss poor decision!!! The people at the news paper back home done the same thing . Told us to get r news off the internet or watch CNN …..they didn’t keep charging us for the newspaper though!

Chris Zink
Bronze Member
PKC Name: Chris Zink
City, State: Poplar Bluff, MO
PKC Member Since: 10 Dec 1997
Annual Membership Expires: 01 Feb 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $7,335
Cell #: 573-714-3129

Postby Chris Zink » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:17 am

Terrible decision!!!
Home of
Pkc ch GrNt ch Tar Scream’n Sky
Pkc ch Tar Scream’n Hoss
Silver ch Nt Ch Nine Yards Of Wax
Jock’s Lil Fancy

Rodney Davis
Starting Member
PKC Name: Rodney Davis
City, State: Grand Saline, TX
PKC Member Since: 22 Mar 1995
Annual Membership Expires: 11 Feb 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $13,709
Cell #: 903-368-2709

Postby Rodney Davis » Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:19 am

I'd rather membership go up and keep our pro hound magazine. Sad day for pkc coon hunters.

Jay Brademeyer
Silver Member
PKC Name: Jay Brademeyer
City, State: Fort Ransom, ND
PKC Member Since: 07 Nov 1991
Annual Membership Expires: 05 Jan 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $5,914
Cell #: 701 308 0490

Postby Jay Brademeyer » Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:39 am

Horrible move RD.... That magazine helps legitimize our sport.. It's something real that you can put your hands on.. It's something that people can look at, that know nothing about the sport , that legitimizes our sport to them that competition coonhunting with Hounds is a real thing... It might be friends and or family over on holidays that pick up the magazine, or customers of a coonhunters business paging through a magazine as they're being waited on.. Not to mention the PKC members that don't mess with internet... Even for us that do, it still gives us something to pull out and show to people, or to reference past winners, or or to remind us of our own accomplishments... That Prohound is a staple to us as competition coon hunters and to PKC... I sincerely hope you rethink this RD ... Thanks, Jay Brademeyer...
James River Hound Kennel Jay Brademeyer 701 308 0490
Home of the late Lippers Lip Lock Lizzy, Moonshiners Sassy and Ceder Hill Sass
"building on a solid foundation, starts on the bottom side"
PKC # 26891

Jeremiah Lynch
Starting Member
PKC Name: Jeremiah Lynch
City, State: Damascus, AR
PKC Member Since: 12 Dec 1996
Annual Membership Expires: 01 Sep 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $2,203
Cell #: 1-501-253-3834

Postby Jeremiah Lynch » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:24 am

Jay Brademeyer wrote:Horrible move RD.... That magazine helps legitimize our sport.. It's something real that you can put your hands on.. It's something that people can look at, that know nothing about the sport , that legitimizes our sport to them that competition coonhunting with Hounds is a real thing... It might be friends and or family over on holidays that pick up the magazine, or customers of a coonhunters business paging through a magazine as they're being waited on.. Not to mention the PKC members that don't mess with internet... Even for us that do, it still gives us something to pull out and show to people, or to reference past winners, or or to remind us of our own accomplishments... That Prohound is a staple to us as competition coon hunters and to PKC... I sincerely hope you rethink this RD ... Thanks, Jay Brademeyer...

Whether he reconsiders or not. You know where he stands.
I had been away from hunting for several years, but I have a young Son that likes to hunt. With that being said , every time you look anywhere PKC is asking for donations to fund their Youth program. The members have paid plenty in to have a lavish payout for the Youth at anytime.

Brad McDaniel
Silver Member
PKC Name: Brad Mcdaniel
City, State: Lilly, GA
PKC Member Since: 05 Feb 1992
Annual Membership Expires: 14 Mar 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $706
Cell #: 229-401-8464

Postby Brad McDaniel » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:12 am

The fact that we pretty much all knew this day was coming does not make it any less sad. Some of my most prized possessions are editions where I was lucky enough for one of my hounds to be in it. I can certainly understand the business reasons leading to this decision, but man a screenshot just will never be the same as holding the magazine.....................
Some days you're the windshield................ some days you're the bug.

Platinum Ch SS Ch Skuna River Spice
Gold Ch Ga State Ch Willie
Platinum Ch Hardtime Crow
S Ch Skuna River DB
G Ch Res SS Ch Crow's Hardtime Repo

PKC # 27105

Bradley Hall
Gold Member
PKC Name: Bradley E. Hall
City, State: Coatesville, IN
PKC Member Since: 04 Aug 1994
Annual Membership Expires: 29 Sep 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $13,734

Postby Bradley Hall » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:29 am

Just want to ad one more thought. Why have a membership fee when we as a member of a club cannot vote on such a crucial decision that dang near 100% of the membership thoroughly enjoys each month regardless if they play or not?
BradHallAuctioneer.com

Clarence Steelman Jr
Bronze Member
PKC Name: Clarence Steelman Jr
City, State: Sunflower, MS
PKC Member Since: 02 Feb 1984
Annual Membership Expires: 31 Jul 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $13,445

Postby Clarence Steelman Jr » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:47 am

Men it's not the end of the world!!! All the info that was in the magazine is already on the prohound.com site. Ive hardly even looked at my magazine for several years.A business decision, PKC is a business.

Return to “Moderators Only”