End Of Era - PROHOUND Discontinued

This Forum is used only for Moderators of the Prohound Online Forum. Viewable by only you and other Moderators.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Chafford Toole
Starting Member
PKC Name: Chafford Toole
City, State: Saint Matthews, SC
PKC Member Since: 05 Apr 2016
Annual Membership Expires: 27 Feb 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $2,139
Cell #: 8038374325

Re: End Of Era - PROHOUND Discontinued

Postby Chafford Toole » Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:52 pm

I look forward to getting this magazine every month. Without this what do we have to look forward to? I look forward to when I win a hunt seeing my picture in the magazine for that month.I have every issue since I became a pkc a member at my house and often look back on them to reflect great times at hunts in the past Never thought I would see this happen.
CH Wipeout 3Sums Big May

Stephen Gafford
Starting Member
PKC Name: Stephen Gafford
City, State: Paris, TN
PKC Member Since: 02 May 2008
Annual Membership Expires: 07 Dec 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $533
Cell #: 7313367572

Postby Stephen Gafford » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:15 pm

Yes I realize times have changed but I have a 15 year old boy and 11 year old daughter both PKC members and both have a phone and internet access but BOTH will set down to read, look at and dream about having their picture on the cover of the pro hound so as a Dad and hunter I really hate to see this come to a end..

Ricky Riley
Silver Member
PKC Name: Ricky Riley
City, State: Ball Ground, GA
PKC Member Since: 11 Mar 1998
Annual Membership Expires: 24 Jul 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $10,954
Cell #: 678-467-7077

Postby Ricky Riley » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:22 pm

I can’t help but to be disappointed in this move. I understand that this is a business and sometimes tough business moves have to be considered. I’m just not sure this one is going to pan out in the best interest of PKC in the long term. That magazine holds more weight than some may realize. As mentioned numerous times already, it generates a lot of revenue from members of all ages that don’t necessarily hunt in the hunts but look forward to getting that magazine in the mail every month. I will admit that I personally look forward to the magazine every month. Is a lot of the information online, yes it is. But that Prohound has a lot of info in it than you can’t find online believe it or not. That magazine set goals for a lot of hunters, it gives pride to the many more that see their name throughout the races. It makes old men kids again and makes young kids idolize some of us. It honors the achievements of the guys lucky enough to win the big hunts with the write ups the winners get. None of this can be achieved online. We are in a sport that thrives in rural America and a lot of rural America does not have access to the internet. My next concern for this not being a smart move for business is the fact that myself and I’m sure countless other only take the Prohound magazine. I haven’t subscribed to any other magazine in years. Most are going to move to the cooner or bloodlines. The issue is those magazines don’t cater to PKC 100% so now your opening the door to your membership to exposer to these other kennel clubs. Some of which many believe are hungrier and doing a better job than PKC. I truly hope PKC reconsiders this move, even if it means a slight increase in yearly fees. The last thing I would ever want to see is PKC no longer being to king of competition coon hunting.

Eugene Gafford
Bronze Member
PKC Name: Eugene Gafford
City, State: Springville, TN
PKC Member Since: 02 May 2007
Annual Membership Expires: 07 Dec 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $2,338

Postby Eugene Gafford » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:35 pm

Ricky Riley wrote:I can’t help but to be disappointed in this move. I understand that this is a business and sometimes tough business moves have to be considered. I’m just not sure this one is going to pan out in the best interest of PKC in the long term. That magazine holds more weight than some may realize. As mentioned numerous times already, it generates a lot of revenue from members of all ages that don’t necessarily hunt in the hunts but look forward to getting that magazine in the mail every month. I will admit that I personally look forward to the magazine every month. Is a lot of the information online, yes it is. But that Prohound has a lot of info in it than you can’t find online believe it or not. That magazine set goals for a lot of hunters, it gives pride to the many more that see their name throughout the races. It makes old men kids again and makes young kids idolize some of us. It honors the achievements of the guys lucky enough to win the big hunts with the write ups the winners get. None of this can be achieved online. We are in a sport that thrives in rural America and a lot of rural America does not have access to the internet. My next concern for this not being a smart move for business is the fact that myself and I’m sure countless other only take the Prohound magazine. I haven’t subscribed to any other magazine in years. Most are going to move to the cooner or bloodlines. The issue is those magazines don’t cater to PKC 100% so now your opening the door to your membership to exposer to these other kennel clubs. Some of which many believe are hungrier and doing a better job than PKC. I truly hope PKC reconsiders this move, even if it means a slight increase in yearly fees. The last thing I would ever want to see is PKC no longer being to king of competition coon hunting.

Very well said. I hope the powers that be truly reconsider this move. I'd pay 5 to 10 more dollars a year to keep it going. Although my wife says I spend too much money on this sport now... :lol: :shock: :P Seriously though, it'd be worth it to me.
"No matter,wudn't no Grizz left anyway"

Houston County Coon Club,
Sandy River Coon Club,

Springville Lodge #130 F&AM

Home of ...
Gafford's Hustlin' Lightnin',
Gafford's Goofy Goober, and
Gafford's Hustlin' BOLO

Cody Cofield
Starting Member
PKC Name: Cody Cofield
City, State: Lagrange, GA
PKC Member Since: 29 Feb 2016
Annual Membership Expires: 13 Jan 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $13,586
Cell #: 7066164308

Postby Cody Cofield » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:50 pm

Definitely a sad day. Seems like yall are just pushing the “little guys” away more and more whether that be the $30 hunters or the older gentleman who built the sport who cant access internet. Sad to see
SCH Sly Creeks Cutting Edge
SCH Abound In Hope

Allen Hedgecock
Bronze Member
PKC Name: Allen Hedgecock
City, State: Winston Salem, NC
PKC Member Since: 06 Mar 2002
Annual Membership Expires: 18 Apr 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $11,558
Cell #: (336) 399-5222

Postby Allen Hedgecock » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:54 pm

Bad move Pkc :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Platinum Ch. Wipeout Weapon
Silver Ch. Wipeout Scout
Hedgecocks Wipeout Pow WOW

Derrick Vickers
Starting Member
PKC Name: Derrick E. Vickers
City, State: Ambrose, GA
PKC Member Since: 21 Apr 1993
Annual Membership Expires: 24 Aug 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $3,160
Cell #: 912-327-0199

Postby Derrick Vickers » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:07 pm

To be very honest when I get it out of the mailbox and walk back by the trash can I throw it away right then. It never makes it to the house.
Also every time I renewed my membership I have always ask them can I OPT OUT and not take the magazine. And like all the rest back in the day I really enjoyed mine.

Get it or opt out that’s the way to go !
PKC#30871

Travis Jewell
Starting Member
PKC Name: Travis Jewell
City, State: Lebanon, VA
PKC Member Since: 21 Mar 2013
Annual Membership Expires: 14 Jul 2022
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $2,472
Cell #: 276-345-6902

Postby Travis Jewell » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:06 pm

I’d rather pay $30 a year for a membership and keep the magazine
CH Wipeout Junkie
SCH Smoky Mtn Half Pint Junkie X Wipeout Liz

Wipeout Liz
PCH Big Money X CH Wipeout Page
11 Pups $90,000.00 won and counting!!!

Jamie Cobb
Bronze Member
PKC Name: Jamie Cobb
City, State: La Grange, NC
PKC Member Since: 11 Mar 1992
Annual Membership Expires: 26 Jan 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $13,199

Postby Jamie Cobb » Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:33 pm

I can promise you every member that’s ever open the mailbox and pulled the magazine out has dreamed of their picture on the cover...For 99.99 percent of us that dream is only a dream but what is life without them... By doing this you will crush the possibility of this life long dream from ever coming true.. I’ll ask again....what is life without dreams and ambitions :cry:

Rusty Jones
Starting Member
PKC Name: Rusty Jones
City, State: Harrisburg, MO
PKC Member Since: 26 Jun 1997
Annual Membership Expires: 09 Apr 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $37,539
Cell #: 573-819-4949

Postby Rusty Jones » Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:02 pm

Josh Michaelis wrote:At some point the Professional Kennel Club is going to have to start focusing their efforts on growth instead of this fiscally conservative attitude.

Instead of cancelling the Prohound to save money, maybe focus on gaining new membership to cover the cost. There are millions of working dog owners in this country, and PKC is content to sit back and suck dollars out of such a small percentage of us with no reciprocity for the members other than organizing events for us to pay for.

It's just sad when there is so much more that could be done, and we are cutting costs instead of growing at a time when there is ample opportunity to do so.

I agree with ya but why you gotta be so articulate?

Blake Landers
Starting Member
PKC Name: Blake Landers
City, State: Lindale, GA
PKC Member Since: 30 Jul 2012
Annual Membership Expires: 27 Oct 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $8,478
Cell #: 706-844-6992

Postby Blake Landers » Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:26 pm

I have every magazine since I started coon hunting in 2012. Always dreamed of having a dog on the front cover. I hope PKC reconsiders this.. like others have said I would pay extra to keep it going.
SCH U Wanta Bet

LANDCO OUTDOORS
www.landcooutdoors.net

Kevin Roberson
PKC Name: Kevin Roberson
City, State: Somerville, TN
PKC Member Since: 24 Apr 1986
Annual Membership Expires: 24 Apr 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $59,820
Cell #: 901-293-9798

Postby Kevin Roberson » Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:30 pm

Dang I first saw the part about the end of Era.
And thought we were finally getting new ownership!

Preston Hampton
PKC Name: Preston Hampton
City, State: Blacksburg, SC
PKC Member Since: 15 Feb 2008
Annual Membership Expires: 06 Dec 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $18,483

Postby Preston Hampton » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:21 am

Kevin Roberson wrote:Dang I first saw the part about the end of Era.
And thought we were finally getting new ownership!

:shock: I’m dead.. You wish! Ive threw every magazine, every trophy, every plaque, and every win slip I’ve ever got in the trash since pkc started sending them. Some people care and some don’t. If pkc is going to be around for the next generation maybe this cost they are cutting will help prolong that.

Bryce Matthews
Starting Member
PKC Name: J. Bryce Matthews
City, State: Peru, IN
PKC Member Since: 13 Jul 2018
Annual Membership Expires: 26 Oct 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $6,079
Cell #: 8126645320

Postby Bryce Matthews » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:09 am

I've always enjoyed receiving the Prohound magazine each month and I've aspired to one day have my picture front and center on the cover. I reckon that will forever be an unachievable dream now. I understand the cost effectiveness but I really do think this will hurt PKC more than help it by trying to save a few dollars.
Hoosier Hound Kennel

Brenden Toney
Silver Member
PKC Name: Brenden Toney
City, State: Franklinton, LA
PKC Member Since: 12 May 2004
Annual Membership Expires: 02 Mar 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $55,716

Postby Brenden Toney » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:09 pm

To be honest, whenever I get one in the mail I tell my wife to throw it away. I do have my cover shot saved and understand that aspect. But it’ll be in the American cooner as well. I’d say RDC has done a pretty good job with his business. Everyone won’t be happy with decisions no matter what, but pkc and coonhunters has his best interest at heart
PCH RESERVE WORLD CH GRNTCH STYLISH HOMER
GCH HOMERS STYLISH MAX

Return to “Moderators Only”