Policy Notice: Pleasure Hunting At PKC Major Event Locations

This Forum is used only for Moderators of the Prohound Online Forum. Viewable by only you and other Moderators.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Michael Brown
Bronze Member
PKC Name: Michael Brown
City, State: Ada, OK
PKC Member Since: 22 Sep 1999
Annual Membership Expires: 20 Apr 2019
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $525

Re: Policy Notice: Pleasure Hunting At PKC Major Event Locations

Postby Michael Brown » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:09 pm

My only question with new wording is "Is written permission required in all states? Or, is verbal ok?" In Oklahoma we've fought against written permission laws for years, and I feel it will be extremely detrimental to us (Oklahomans fighting against written permission laws) to have a prominent kennel club basically advocating for it. The wording of this is very loose.

Michael Brown
Bronze Member

Postby Michael Brown » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:20 pm

First off, this response is only meant to be helpful! This wording is horrible! "Any PKC Member caught pleasure hunting without the proper licensing, having written permission from the landowner, and/or violating state hunting regulations such as hunting out of season, taking game out of season, etc. during the duration of any PKC Major Event will be suspended immediately for a period of 6 months, followed by a 6 month probationary period and fined $100; no exceptions. Suspended Members may be referred to a Disciplinary Committee for review and possible additional penalties" 1. Any PKC member caught pleasure hunting without having written permission? This is horrible, and though I'm sure it's for out of state hunters it's not written that way. 2. In state Coonhunters that are members, hunting during the duration of the events, but not participating in particular event? Once again the wording isn't accurate, and any lawyer would shred this. 3. Major events only?

Kevin Dinkins
Starting Member
PKC Name: Kevin T. Dinkins
City, State: Sarepta, LA
PKC Member Since: 30 Mar 2000
Annual Membership Expires: 25 Jul 2021
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $3,654

Postby Kevin Dinkins » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:54 pm

Do you ever shut up m. Brown it is what is do what they say or stay home

Michael Brown
Bronze Member

Postby Michael Brown » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:56 pm

Kevin Dinkins wrote:Do you ever shut up m. Brown it is what is do what they say or stay home

No, I'm a tireless advocate for keeping our sport alive, and making it better. Do you have something that can help the wording of the new rule? Or, are you just commenting to insult me? Where am I wrong in what I said, and I'll address it?

Michael Brown
Bronze Member

Postby Michael Brown » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:09 pm

"An Ad Hominem attack against an individual, not against an idea, is highly flattering. It indicates the person does not have anything intelligent to say about your message. Nasssim Nicholas Taleb.

Kevin Dinkins
Starting Member
PKC Name: Kevin T. Dinkins
City, State: Sarepta, LA
PKC Member Since: 30 Mar 2000
Annual Membership Expires: 25 Jul 2021
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $3,654

Postby Kevin Dinkins » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:14 pm

Resident or non resident you got to have written permission to hunt any land in most states present at all times when on the property

Michael Brown
Bronze Member

Postby Michael Brown » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:18 pm

Kevin Dinkins wrote:Resident or non resident you got to have written permission to hunt any land in most states present at all times when on the property

You don't know the law then. I'm sorry, but I've fought against the written permission law in the state of Oklahoma, and have worked with state legislators to craft debates against this law. I can't speak for ALL states, but I don't want PKC to become a hindrance for Coonhunters in Oklahoma with this rule. If you can't see that then I ask you to bow out of this, and not hurt Oklahoma Coonhunters, and the hunters in states that don't have written permission laws.

CJ Thomas
Bronze Member
PKC Name: Cj Thomas
City, State: Marshall, NC
PKC Member Since: 07 Jun 2004
Annual Membership Expires: 29 Mar 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $31,806
Cell #: 8282064431

Postby CJ Thomas » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:31 pm

Brandon Dement wrote:I'm 100% against this rule.Just my opinion If it doesnt at happen during a Pkc hunt I do not see any reason Pkc should get involved. Let proper authorities handle these incidents.

Another scenario

If you are off work ,off the clock, and off the job site but you get caught speeding in your personal truck and get a ticket.Now the next morning your job fines you and suspends you without pay for something that doesn't involve them. Now is this right, No it's not.

AGREED 100%
CJ Thomas!
828-206-4431

CJ Thomas
Bronze Member

Postby CJ Thomas » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:34 pm

Michael Rosamond wrote:There is nothing saying you cant pleasure hunt, its just saying if you get caught doing it in a place without permission you are in trouble. Makes great sense, only problem I have is how vague it is. I ask what they consider proof and my question was ignored. Someone ask when its in effect and all we get is during or "around" the time of the event. When is "AROUND" the event and is so and so saying someone went back to his spot proof? I'm not trying to be a pain but vague answers just leads to more questions.

X2 AND IM SURE WHILE HUNTING ON LAND YOU HAVE PERMISSION YOUR DOG WILL READ THE POSTED SIGNS AND OBEY THE LAW AND STAY OFF LAND HE DONT HAVE PERMISSION !!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
CJ Thomas!
828-206-4431

Scott Bryant
Starting Member
PKC Name: Scott Bryant
City, State: Columbus, IN
PKC Member Since: 24 May 1993
Annual Membership Expires: 29 Jun 2018
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $275
Cell #: 812 341 0756

Postby Scott Bryant » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:22 pm

In INDIANA there is a right to retrieve law! I like the rule it just needs fine tuning !
Proud owner of BIG LUCKY BAWLS

Brandon Coselman
Silver Member
PKC Name: Brandon Coselman
City, State: Carterville, IL
PKC Member Since: 15 Dec 2000
Annual Membership Expires: 11 Aug 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $143,737
Cell #: 9895060169

Postby Brandon Coselman » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:58 pm

Kevin Dinkins wrote:Do you ever shut up m. Brown it is what is do what they say or stay home

:idea: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Brandon Coselman
North Bend Puppy Pen
(989) 506-0169

Home of: 2017 Grand Masters Invitational Champion, 2016 & 2017 MI PKC State Champion PCH GRNITECH 'PR' Mr. Clean's Snooki
&
2022 Senior SS Reserve Champion PCH GRNITECH 'PR' Snooki's Jwoww

Michael Brown
Bronze Member

Postby Michael Brown » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:04 pm

Brandon Coselman wrote:

:idea: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:evil: :evil: :( :( :(

CJ Thomas
Bronze Member

Postby CJ Thomas » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:10 pm

Tony Dominguez wrote:Catch me if they can :lol:

Once an Outlaw, always an Outlaw :wink:

Shoot yeah man! Everyone is always downing the Mexicans
But they aren't lazy they will work, they are loyal, and most of them when they get caught doing something they man up and wear it! Not throw there morals out the window and tell on someone else to help themselves

instead of building that wall they need to be taking notes!!!
CJ Thomas!
828-206-4431

Brandon Coselman
Silver Member
PKC Name: Brandon Coselman
City, State: Carterville, IL
PKC Member Since: 15 Dec 2000
Annual Membership Expires: 11 Aug 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $143,737
Cell #: 9895060169

Postby Brandon Coselman » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:28 pm

CJ Thomas wrote:
Tony Dominguez wrote:Catch me if they can :lol:

Once an Outlaw, always an Outlaw :wink:

Shoot yeah man! Everyone is always downing the Mexicans
But they aren't lazy they will work, they are loyal, and most of them when they get caught doing something they man up and wear it! Not throw there morals out the window and tell on someone else to help themselves

instead of building that wall they need to be taking notes!!!

Lmao you must not know Tmack to well :lol: Sry Tmack couldn't help myself :lol:
Brandon Coselman
North Bend Puppy Pen
(989) 506-0169

Home of: 2017 Grand Masters Invitational Champion, 2016 & 2017 MI PKC State Champion PCH GRNITECH 'PR' Mr. Clean's Snooki
&
2022 Senior SS Reserve Champion PCH GRNITECH 'PR' Snooki's Jwoww

Larry Weaver
Gold Member
PKC Name: Larry Dean Weaver
City, State: Fredericksburg, OH
PKC Member Since: 31 May 1984
Annual Membership Expires: 26 Jun 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $1,483
Cell #: 330-231-5289

Postby Larry Weaver » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:30 pm

Alright I've read all the previous pages. Good conversation makes for fun reading. I've got a couple scenarios and what ifs to add.

1- During the course of general conversation while on the cast Handler A comments that he's been in Indiana a few days early pleasure hunting on relatives property to get his dog acclimated for the Super Stakes. Of course obtaining a license was the last thing on his mind when he arrived and therefore neglected to get one and laughs it off during the conversation. He ends up winning the cast eventually but earlier had voted to minus a tree that caused ill feelings toward another cast member and that cast member goes back to hunt headquarters and tells Jerry Moll or Roger Dale that "hey this guy was telling us by his own admittance, how he pleasure hunted the few previous nights" and needs dealt with accordingly! Does Handler A still win the cast or does it get taken away from him and awarded to the second place dog ? Will dog and Handler A keep advancing ? How will the issue be handled ?

2- This one is where social media gets someone in trouble. Several guys are posting pictures the week before saying "getting my dog ready with my friends in the Land of Lincoln for the Nationals". Lots of coon treeing going on and even a few pics of poisoned coons being chewed on by the hounds they must've stumbled across. Of course they're friends on Facebook with RDC and Moll and a few others in charge so the guys in charge already know what they've been up to. One of the hunters that's been posting pictures walks up to enter his dog at the hunt and Jerry or RDC knows what they were doing last week. Will the entry be accepted and the guy allowed to hunt or will he be asked to show proof of a license, or God forbid asked if he was carrying a rifle, and be suspended and sent home with a fine, or will PKC turn a deaf ear to the situation ?
Last edited by Larry Weaver on Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Moderators Only”