Policy Notice: Pleasure Hunting At PKC Major Event Locations

This Forum is used only for Moderators of the Prohound Online Forum. Viewable by only you and other Moderators.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Brandon Dement
Bronze Member
PKC Name: Brandon Dement
City, State: Alto, TX
PKC Member Since: 24 Aug 2006
Annual Membership Expires: 06 Sep 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $799
Cell #: 9032626630

Re: Policy Notice: Pleasure Hunting At PKC Major Event Locations

Postby Brandon Dement » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:06 pm

Michael Brown wrote:
Brandon Dement wrote:
Michael Brown wrote:Follow the laws of the state, and you won't have any problem guys! This isn't too hard to understand...

Got no problem with that. The problem I'm having is Pkc getting involved when it's not during hunt.

When your signed up or on a Pkc hunt then it's part of a Pkc problem.when your on your own time no need for them to be part of it or get involved in anyway.
. I think you're looking at this all wrong! I think it's disastrous to our sport to think like you're thinking. If you come to Indiana from Texas to hunt, and you're caught breaking the law the question will be asked of you "Why are you in Indiana, and this far from home" and you'll tell them you're there to coonhunt. This big coonhunt is going on, and you think for a single second that law enforcement, and game wardens won't put that in their report? Their report will say "Due to the PKC world hunt being here it's brought in a lot of out of state hunters, and they are breaking the law, and we must hold PKC accountable for this, because if not for this big hunt being in town we wouldn't be having to deal with this."

I've been to other states to go coon hunting and not in conjunction with a big event. I was just there coon hunting I follow the local laws and never had a problem and I want have a problem.

Pkc or any kc shouldn't be held accountable for people's actions when it's not during a hunt.

Your way of thinking is the main problem in America. Bring someone or something else into the problem when it's not needed. People need to start accepting responsibility for their own actions and also people need to start placing the blame of these actions on the people that are involved in these situations and not dragging others into it.

It's like this. Say you are out of state for a sporting event like the super bowl. You get pulled over 2 nights before the event for a dwi they ask why you are there and you tell them just a pre party before the super bowl.Should you be banned and fined by the NFL because you were there for their event but it's wasn't during their event just because you were - and broke the law,no. Now if you get in trouble for drinking while at the event then yes. Are you seeing my point?
CH White Trash BlindSide
CH Death Row Stormy Daniels

Michael Brown
Bronze Member
PKC Name: Michael Brown
City, State: Ada, OK
PKC Member Since: 22 Sep 1999
Annual Membership Expires: 20 Apr 2019
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $525

Postby Michael Brown » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:12 pm

Brandon, I see your point, but you're dead wrong! Ask PKC about the 90's in Kentucky. I didn't make law enforcement realize that a big group came because PKC, UKC, or other is having a big hunt. Common sense, and simple logic made them think that. It's common sense that if our organizations want to have good hunts in all states they'll work together with law enforcement, and game wardens to hold participants accountable. You can blame me for all the problems, but I'll try to explain this even clearer. If I invite you over for a coonhunt, and you bring folks with you, and they tear my fences up, and shoot my coon out I'm holding YOU accountable for their actions. It's your fault because you brought them!

Michael Brown
Bronze Member

Postby Michael Brown » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:16 pm

I bet if you're a participant in the Super Bowl that you're going to be suspended by them if you get a DWI two days before! Your logic with that one is very flawed. There's a difference between being a fan, and a member/participant.

Michael Brown
Bronze Member

Postby Michael Brown » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:22 pm

Since you brought up the NFL I'll help you see the flaw in your logic. Here's what could happen to members of the NFL who get DUI's on THEIR OWN TIME. https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbssport ... ent=safari

Brandon Dement
Bronze Member
PKC Name: Brandon Dement
City, State: Alto, TX
PKC Member Since: 24 Aug 2006
Annual Membership Expires: 06 Sep 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $799
Cell #: 9032626630

Postby Brandon Dement » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:54 pm

Michael Brown wrote:Since you brought up the NFL I'll help you see the flaw in your logic. Here's what could happen to members of the NFL who get DUI's on THEIR OWN TIME. https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbssport ... ent=safari

Yes I'm aware of that, but I don't agree with it. If it's durning their own time then no need for them to get involved. Let the authorities handle it and it be settled with them alone.

I just don't agree and won't ever agree with it because someone is associated with something that whatever they are associated with gets brought into it when theres no need for it.

We are 2 different mind sets. I'm not gonna change and neither are you.
CH White Trash BlindSide
CH Death Row Stormy Daniels

Michael Brown
Bronze Member

Postby Michael Brown » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:58 pm

So, if one of my employees beats his wife on his own time I shouldn't fire him?

Brent Springer
Silver Member
PKC Name: Brent Springer
City, State: Celina, OH
PKC Member Since: 27 Mar 1998
Annual Membership Expires: 18 Jul 2017
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $58,054

Postby Brent Springer » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:34 am

you all are killing me... u guys arguing ever go out to a hunt early? this isn't the 1st time it's ever been asked of you... and honest, if you go back out to pleasure hunt after a cast or two days early, you think that's gonna do what? fine tune Ole Shep in the last min? if he ain't trained b4 you left the house, a couple more drops isn't gonna make a difference... and them Illinois coon smell.jus like the ones you have back home.......
Honest, it's respect, whether u agree or not, your actions will reflect on the organization. town and local hunters welcome
and tolerate some, be respectful, !!!

why can't you all for once just say OK... that's the rules, agreed or not, .....

Coy Sullivan
Bronze Member
PKC Name: Coy Sullivan
City, State: Middleton, TN
PKC Member Since: 10 Jan 2002
Annual Membership Expires: 28 Nov 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $271,049
Cell #: 731-203-8128

Postby Coy Sullivan » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:17 am

Brent Springer wrote:you all are killing me... u guys arguing ever go out to a hunt early? this isn't the 1st time it's ever been asked of you... and honest, if you go back out to pleasure hunt after a cast or two days early, you think that's gonna do what? fine tune Ole Shep in the last min? if he ain't trained b4 you left the house, a couple more drops isn't gonna make a difference... and them Illinois coon smell.jus like the ones you have back home.......
Honest, it's respect, whether u agree or not, your actions will reflect on the organization. town and local hunters welcome

why can't you all for once just say OK... that's the rules, agreed or not, .....

Pretty much sums it up! I've always thought if I couldn't have mine ready before I went I didn't need to be going an trying to trespass on a place I didn't know. Good way to get a dog shot or hurt the night before a big hunt. It's all about pkc trying to give the city where the hunt is held respect showing them how thankful we are for them to put up with all of us hunters all week an them wanting us to keep coming back. An not making local farmers an any land owner upset an not wanting us to be there. Pkc host a major event an you get people coming to the hunt early or pleasure hunting where the guide was nice enough to take them on there cast. Causes trouble for pkc. Seems to me there trying to look out for our organization an all in all it's for us hunters so that we'll be able to continue having these hunts and keeping piece with all the locals an land owners! It's pretty plain an simple nothing about going outta state hunting it's about not going to the hunts an trespassing an causing trouble! If a man has permission by a land owner an is legal to hunt...why would pkc take any actions?
The proof to be able to cause disciplinary actions would obviously be caught by a land owner or game wardens! As far as it's been going on for years, it may have been. But in the last few years I've been to the world hunt there's been cases of someone getting caught or causing trouble. Then pkc has to deal with it. I'd say there doing this to hopefully keep down as many problems as they can.
#commonsense
WCH PCH Thousand Dollar Bill
Thousand Dollar Kreed

Jason Daugherty
PKC Name: Jason Daugherty
City, State: Spottsville, KY
PKC Member Since: 06 Feb 2014
Annual Membership Expires: 22 Mar 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $119,338
Cell #: 2707248945

Postby Jason Daugherty » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:38 am

My dog cant read :lol:

Jerrod Douglas
Gold Member
PKC Name: Jerrod W. Douglas
City, State: Olla, LA
PKC Member Since: 05 Jun 2004
Annual Membership Expires: 18 Feb 2021
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $13,601

Postby Jerrod Douglas » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:58 am

Coy Sullivan wrote:
Brent Springer wrote:you all are killing me... u guys arguing ever go out to a hunt early? this isn't the 1st time it's ever been asked of you... and honest, if you go back out to pleasure hunt after a cast or two days early, you think that's gonna do what? fine tune Ole Shep in the last min? if he ain't trained b4 you left the house, a couple more drops isn't gonna make a difference... and them Illinois coon smell.jus like the ones you have back home.......

Pretty much sums it up! I've always thought if I couldn't have mine ready before I went I didn't need to be going an trying to trespass on a place I didn't know. Good way to get a dog shot or hurt the night before a big hunt. It's all about pkc trying to give the city where the hunt is held respect showing them how thankful we are for them to put up with all of us hunters all week an them wanting us to keep coming back. An not making local farmers an any land owner upset an not wanting us to be there. Pkc host a major event an you get people coming to the hunt early or pleasure hunting where the guide was nice enough to take them on there cast. Causes trouble for pkc. Seems to me there trying to look out for our organization an all in all it's for us hunters so that we'll be able to continue having these hunts and keeping piece with all the locals an land owners! It's pretty plain an simple nothing about going outta state hunting it's about not going to the hunts an trespassing an causing trouble! If a man has permission by a land owner an is legal to hunt...why would pkc take any actions?
The proof to be able to cause disciplinary actions would obviously be caught by a land owner or game wardens! As far as it's been going on for years, it may have been. But in the last few years I've been to the world hunt there's been cases of someone getting caught or causing trouble. Then pkc has to deal with it. I'd say there doing this to hopefully keep down as many problems as they can.
#commonsense

Well Said Coy.
HOME OF:
GRNITECH GRCH SCH INSANE "X"
(SIRE RACE WINNER)
https://youtu.be/DFDaTaKBBiY
https://youtu.be/lqJUgyW_tT0

SS CHAMPION GRNITECH SERIAL COONER
(INSANE "X" / GOOD GOLLY MISS MOLLY)

Michael Brown
Bronze Member

Postby Michael Brown » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:06 am

Keep it up guys! Hunters disagreeing with this new rule need to see the value of it!

Joe Wilbanks

Postby Joe Wilbanks » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:59 am

I guess you guys that say PKC should not get involved in things that don't happen during there hunt time also disagree with the baring a while back of a pkc member who was taking dogs off trees in another registry, this is no different you do something that hurts coonhunting you get punished personally 6 months is too short

Jerry Moll
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Jerry Moll
City, State: Batesville, IN
PKC Member Since: 02 Feb 1989
Annual Membership Expires: 26 Oct 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $30,080
Cell #: 812-212-1619

Postby Jerry Moll » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:25 am

We hear your concerns about the original wording of this policy and have updated the terminology.

Any PKC Member caught pleasure hunting without the proper licensing, having written permission from the landowner, and/or violating state hunting regulations such as hunting out of season, taking game out of season, etc. during the duration of any PKC Major Event will be suspended immediately for a period of 6 months, followed by a 6 month probationary period and fined $100; no exceptions. Suspended Members may be referred to a Disciplinary Committee for review and possible additional penalties.

We do believe that it is very important for PKC Members to stand behind the clubs, guides and landowners that host and assist in hosting our major events across the country. We are guests of these people and we should show respect and appreciation for them welcoming us into their area. Let's try to leave a good impression; after all, we do want to be invited back next year.

Michael Rosamond
Bronze Member
PKC Name: Michael Rosamond
City, State: Mc Rae, AR
PKC Member Since: 15 Jan 1998
Annual Membership Expires: 14 Dec 2022
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $6,522
Cell #: 936-827-6309

Postby Michael Rosamond » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:31 pm

Worded much better Jerry, Thanks
Sunspot lights
When brightness matters!

John E Walker
Starting Member
PKC Name: John E Walker
City, State: Lake Cormorant, MS
PKC Member Since: 26 Jul 2006
Annual Membership Expires: 24 Feb 2021
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $4,001
Cell #: 9012829262

Postby John E Walker » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:43 pm

Good grief.... follow the laws of the state you are in. Don't trespass. There is nothing more to it. Not sure what the confusion is.

PKC neither wants to be nor can afford to be associated with that reputation. If you are somewhere potentially involved with a PKC event and break laws it looks bad on PKC. Next thing you know that area will not be allowed to have hunts anymore. Simple as that.

And then there is that honesty, integrity, and respect thing.... which appears to be lacking.

Return to “Moderators Only”