Policy Notice: Pleasure Hunting At PKC Major Event Locations

This Forum is used only for Moderators of the Prohound Online Forum. Viewable by only you and other Moderators.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Charles Glass

Re: Policy Notice: Pleasure Hunting At PKC Major Event Locations

Postby Charles Glass » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:16 pm

There have been a few issues around here people coming back to hunt on land owners.The big issue has been guides going on land they don't have permission to be on or people sending cast to a place that nobody has talk to land owners.It has cost me a few hunting spots but with hard work I got them back.

Michael Brown
Bronze Member
PKC Name: Michael Brown
City, State: Ada, OK
PKC Member Since: 22 Sep 1999
Annual Membership Expires: 20 Apr 2019
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $525

Postby Michael Brown » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:14 pm

Michael Rosamond wrote:
Michael Brown wrote:I shared the latest reading of this new rule with a former attorney general in Oklahoma, and another good lawyer. They said it's very bad, and most likely will present a lot of difficulties. Not only will it cause conflict with prosecuted members with its vague wording, but will cause states without written permission laws unneeded headaches.

I'm not a fan of the wording either but you are getting a little out there thinking it will cause issues for the written permission advocates. PKC will not be informing anyone of their actions but the party involved.

Its real simple don't go back to places you are not supposed to be and dont kill coons with out a licence or out of season. The only part that concerns me is someone being able to simply say someone was in their spot and that person getting in trouble. I've seen people in this sport pull a lot lower tactics then that to get rid of people in the past.

I understand where you're coming from, but if you knew how hard of a fight it's been in Oklahoma for us then I feel you'd agree with me. I don't want anything to tip the scales against us. I do know that our Legislators in favor of written permission laws are very good about communicating with UKC, and UKC hurt us in 2012. We had to get UKC to write a letter to legislative committee against written permission law, and we got it voted down by one vote. Thankfully it didn't get proposed this session! Hopefully you understand my concern. Feel free to send my your email, and I'll forward all current bills we're following closely. My email is mbrown3283@gmail.com my phone number is 580-579-7126. Feel free to call, and I can explain my position very clearly, and politely.

Darrell Eads
Bronze Member
PKC Name: Darrell Eads
City, State: Blanchester, OH
PKC Member Since: 28 Feb 1996
Annual Membership Expires: 23 Jan 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $9,020

Postby Darrell Eads » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:52 pm

The West cost Liberal minded Michael Brown has an IQ of genius but your best come back is I'm d u m b because I hunt black dogs ,,lol I don't need to add anything to PKC Policy, They don't want members to break the law , so keep on Trumpin Bro
Black & Tans by Eads
Please spay and neuter your Walker dogs to save someone from a lot of pain some day

Michael Brown
Bronze Member
PKC Name: Michael Brown
City, State: Ada, OK
PKC Member Since: 22 Sep 1999
Annual Membership Expires: 20 Apr 2019
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $525

Postby Michael Brown » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:08 pm

Darrell Eads wrote:The West cost Liberal minded Michael Brown has an IQ of genius but your best come back is I'm d u m b because I hunt black dogs ,,lol I don't need to add anything to PKC Policy, They don't want members to break the law , so keep on Trumpin Bro

I'm just messing with you, and hoping to get a laugh is all. I know you wouldn't understand a more intelligent joke :? :D

Bobby Patton
Starting Member
PKC Name: Bobby Patton Ii
City, State: Centralia, IL
PKC Member Since: 23 Nov 1998
Annual Membership Expires: 27 Jul 2019
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $8,237

Postby Bobby Patton » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:46 pm

Michael brown there used to be 2 guys on this board daily that are not anymore because people got tired of there - post and there dumb a-- comments on everything something you have done since this post has started give it up a rule is a rule i bet you are 1 of the people
that wanted a recount of the presidential election also

Dave Lawson
PKC Name: Dave Lawson
City, State: Ball Ground, GA
PKC Member Since: 03 Sep 2009
Annual Membership Expires: 26 Dec 2018
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $27,181

Postby Dave Lawson » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:21 pm

I coon hunt for one reason, I love it and I always will. I enjoy leaving my varmit filled woods and going places I have the opportunity to tree lots of coon. Personally I think we all need to buy a hunting license if its required wherever we go to. The same way you do when you go to fish a bass tournament in another state you dont live in. Also you dont go where your not invited. Im not making out like Ive never got on posted land. Thats gonna happen if you hunt. But if you do leave it as you found it. Show the landowners some respect and its probable we the coon hunter might get a little bit more respect in return. JMO
Dave Lawson
2010 Reserve World Ch GCH Minnie Mouse
PCH Rehab's Lil Cobb
770-893-8896

Jerry Moll
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Jerry Moll
City, State: Batesville, IN
PKC Member Since: 02 Feb 1989
Annual Membership Expires: 26 Oct 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $30,080
Cell #: 812-212-1619

Postby Jerry Moll » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:36 pm

I think everyone has had the opportunity to speak their mind on this policy.
Prepare yourself and your hound. Hunt the dog, read the Blue Book, and your Good Book!

Return to “Moderators Only”