Question!!!

This Forum is used only for Moderators of the Prohound Online Forum. Viewable by only you and other Moderators.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Jonathan Warrington
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Jonathan D. Warrington
City, State: Humboldt, TN
PKC Member Since: 27 Aug 1991
Annual Membership Expires: 25 Jan 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $20,590

Re: Question!!!

Postby Jonathan Warrington » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:51 am

When you have a panel in the woods, they shouldn't go anywhere but with the judge. You can't be a panel member and a back-up judge too. That's a conflict of interest. I haven't been to a hunt in awhile but I see not much has changed.

Randy Gadd
Starting Member
PKC Name: Randy Gadd
City, State: Liberty, IN
PKC Member Since: 07 Apr 1994
Annual Membership Expires: 23 May 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $65,687
Cell #: 7655800590

Postby Randy Gadd » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:18 am

I have not won a lot but I have been a member a few years everyone always needs help with judging the cast and it's common practice to a point someone to help no big deal a little common sense goes a long way if a dog quits or if a dog leaves a tree or whatever give it what it deserves weather it's a main judge or back up no I'm not a professional handler but they should get what they have coming to them

Joe Wilbanks

Postby Joe Wilbanks » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:35 am

I knew it would not be long till foul was called or someone wanted a rule change, now it's hating on non hunting judges ,panels ,a guide and a club even another mans dog all in one post ,Keep on and they will all quit too and you can go judge, guide and host a hunt yourself.
ps just to Caleb I thought more of you than to put another mans dog down on here.

Brandon Glass
Bronze Member
PKC Name: Brandon Glass
City, State: Iola, TX
PKC Member Since: 20 Jul 1994
Annual Membership Expires: 24 Mar 2021
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $11,719
Cell #: 936 348 8491

Postby Brandon Glass » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:53 am

These comments about the dog getting what he deserves are rediculous what part of 3 minutes 30 seconds was gone on the 5 do people not understand? The panel member and handler walked up on the dog he wasn't under the cast feet. If the panel member would have stayed with the judge like he was suppose to do none of this would have taken place.

I've seen dogs win cast while being in the dog box I guess from now on PKC will allow a person sitting at the truck to run the 15 on a dog that comes and gets back in the truck.
GCH Little Miss Dottie
WCH Thousand Dollar Bill

R D Carnegie
President/CEO
PKC Name: R D Carnegie
City, State: Franklinton, LA
PKC Member Since: 03 Jan 1984
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $10,483

Postby R D Carnegie » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:07 pm

Here’s my explanation of what happened at the pro hunt in Crittenden, KY this past weekend:

PKC Staff Members and I have talked to several members, young and old, since Saturday night concerning this issue. As you can see from the message board posts, some members agree with how the situation was handled and some believe that a mistake was made when the judge sent a panel member to a separate tree with the dog’s handler and asked that same panel member to continue running the fifteen (15) minute rule on the dog after the panel member and treed dog’s handler had begun moving toward the dog declared treed.

Based on past practices and to the best of my memory, the lead judge had never granted permission to a backup judge to run any time other that the two (2) minute rule on any dog. However, based on our current written rules, there is no written rule that states that the lead judge can or cannot grant the authority to run any time on any dog. For this reason and the problem everyone is having with not abiding by “past practices” we are in the process of creating a set of guidelines applying to the authority of a backup judge. Once these guidelines are established, we will submit the guidelines to the National Association Executive Committee for their opinion. By majority vote, the committee will either approve or reject the guidelines. If approved, we will publish the guidelines on the website for all to see, and if rejected we will amend the guidelines to reflect the reasonable objections of the Executive Committee and resubmit to them for their consideration until we have a set of guidelines that PKC and the majority of the Executive Committee agree on.

I truly hope this post addresses everyone’s concerns regarding this issue. Should any member disagree with this solution to the problem, please recommend what you feel is a better way to resolve this issue. Post your remedy here, or feel free to call any staff member with you recommendation.

THANKS FOR READING!
(812) 868-1900
rdcarnegie@hotmail.com

Charles Glass

Postby Charles Glass » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:20 pm

Rodger Dale you going to make changes for panel members also.I don't believe a back up judge made this call.Panel members can't be a judge For 20 minutes and go back to a panel member.Panel members vote on questions.Also why was KOY told he can't appeal the call.I understand what your saying but it still solve the problem a panel member scratching a hound.Only the judge can.Judge and Handler wasn't even present when hound was scratched.Then told by Moll he can't appeal.Pkc should do right and correct this.

John R Ward

Postby John R Ward » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:38 pm

Way to many people in the woods jmo!

Zach Nolen
Starting Member
PKC Name: Zach Nolen
City, State: Guntersville, AL
PKC Member Since: 30 Dec 2013
Annual Membership Expires: 15 Sep 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $12,742
Cell #: 2054469210

Postby Zach Nolen » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:46 pm

This is -! So you're saying the judge can basically give authority to whoever he wants at any given time? What about scoring a tree? What if a panel member said he spotted a coon in a tree but the judge didnt see it? Would that tree be plused? Coy and Bill got done wrong in this situation bottom line. Really sad to see that an organization that I have so much respect and admiration for is going to just let this happen and not make it right. I think its great that there will be proposed rule changes to prevent this from happening again, but why is THIS particular problem not being handled? To me, if there is no rule permitting something to happen, then it cant be allowed to happen.
SCH GRNITECH WHISKEY RIVER CHIEF
CH MAXED OUT CREDIT

Coy Sullivan
Bronze Member
PKC Name: Coy Sullivan
City, State: Middleton, TN
PKC Member Since: 10 Jan 2002
Annual Membership Expires: 28 Nov 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $271,049
Cell #: 731-203-8128

Postby Coy Sullivan » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:16 pm

So what if another mans dog had came in to that panel member while he was walking to a split tree, the panel member is running the 15 on my dog but he couldn't of run the 15 on that dog that's just now come in because the judge didn't give him the authority to...so how's that fair? Funny thing is they still couldn't beat Bill an he supposibly didn't hunt the last hour. :shock:

An to Cable... You tried to tree your dog when we came out on the gravel road an the judge didn't hear him, so how do you think you would've got to tree him? When we left Homers tree there was 3 min left in the hunt!! Know way to get back around in time before the hunt was over.
An btw...you an little money got a ways to go to catch that none hunting dog your talking about... :wink: see you down the road!
Last edited by Coy Sullivan on Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WCH PCH Thousand Dollar Bill
Thousand Dollar Kreed

Steve Yant
PKC National Director
PKC Name: Steve Yant
City, State: Sikeston, MO
PKC Member Since: 07 Jul 1984
Annual Membership Expires: 30 Jun 2027
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $363,083

Postby Steve Yant » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:16 pm

The PKC EXECUTIVE BOARD needs to be real careful with this one .First there should only be one judge in the woods on a cast if he is not capable of judging get another one who is .A panel is a panel not a judge if we start giving them authority to judge we are opening a can of worms.Keep it simple let the judge be the judge an the panel be a panel no need for more - guidelines and rule interpretation if we do this.Coon hunters are simple so keep it simple then it can be done the same everytime
I like one that makes you feel lonely

Charles Glass

Postby Charles Glass » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:41 pm

I smell a skunk in the wood pile.Judge lets panel member keep time.Panel member scratch hound without judge or handler present.Handler told he can't appeal.What makes even worse the panel member is suppose to be a top notch pro judge.He should have known he was suppose to stay with cast let along scratch a hound.Maybe he ain't the judge he thinks he is.This is one stinky cast.

Trey Perrin
Silver Member
PKC Name: Trey Perrin
City, State: Chelsea, AL
PKC Member Since: 01 Jun 2001
Annual Membership Expires: 24 Apr 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $52,002

Postby Trey Perrin » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:42 pm

Isn't the judge responsible for all time keeping?
GCH THE COON BUSTER

Steven Smith
Silver Member
PKC Name: Steven Smith
City, State: Ellijay, GA
PKC Member Since: 27 Apr 2001
Annual Membership Expires: 20 Jul 2025
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $222,212
Cell #: (770)546-4453

Postby Steven Smith » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:56 pm

How was an appeal not granted off this rule ?

7. BEGINNING THE HUNT
A. One (1) Minute Rule - Each time dog(s) is turned loose, the
handler has a one (1) minute grace period in which their dog does not have to be called. After the one (1) minute period, the dog should be called struck on or before the third bark.
B. Time Keeping - Judges should insure that all time keeping is accurate and that all cast members are informed when any time-keeping rule is started or stopped on any dog(s).
Home Of :

PCH Stylish Cloey
PCH "She's So Krazy"
PCH Out Of Pocket
PCH Many Bawls
PCH Wipeout Jessie Jane
PCH WCH Wipeout 3Sum

GCH Harry Bawls
GCH Cotton Bawls
GCH Half Breed Lil Jess

Steven Smith
Silver Member
PKC Name: Steven Smith
City, State: Ellijay, GA
PKC Member Since: 27 Apr 2001
Annual Membership Expires: 20 Jul 2025
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $222,212
Cell #: (770)546-4453

Postby Steven Smith » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:03 pm

So I'm assuming the "past practices" we're done incorrectly or correctly?

And why are we throwing out these "past practices" now ??

Sure looks like its changing rules in mid stream to keep a certain dog from winning ??

How was the panel that heard Coy's question not biases off the get go with the panel member being on the panel that run the time to scratch the dog ?? Who allowed this and Why???

And with knowing this is wrong why hasn't a new panel been formed to hear the question now ?
Home Of :

PCH Stylish Cloey
PCH "She's So Krazy"
PCH Out Of Pocket
PCH Many Bawls
PCH Wipeout Jessie Jane
PCH WCH Wipeout 3Sum

GCH Harry Bawls
GCH Cotton Bawls
GCH Half Breed Lil Jess

Barry Kiddy
Silver Member
PKC Name: Barry Kiddy
City, State: Adamsville, TN
PKC Member Since: 17 Jun 1985
Annual Membership Expires: 25 Oct 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $206,919

Postby Barry Kiddy » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:58 pm

Mr. RDC
As you just stated in Bold Red there is no written rule in PKC for a judge to grant a panel member or back up judge to run times on a dog. There fore it is a rule violation and Mr. Sullivan should have been granted an appeal then. Beings he did not get one then he should now. By your statement if it is not in the PKC rules then it can't be allowed.

Good Day
Original Home of the WIPEOUT strain!

Return to “Moderators Only”