Question!!!

This Forum is used only for Moderators of the Prohound Online Forum. Viewable by only you and other Moderators.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Trey Perrin
Silver Member
PKC Name: Trey Perrin
City, State: Chelsea, AL
PKC Member Since: 01 Jun 2001
Annual Membership Expires: 24 Apr 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $52,002

Re: Question!!!

Postby Trey Perrin » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:03 pm

Did the judge start the 15 on the dog? And if so did the judge run the 5 minute rule on the dog and take the 15 off of him?
GCH THE COON BUSTER

Barry Demko
Starting Member
PKC Name: Barry Demko
City, State: Bay Minette, AL
PKC Member Since: 24 Mar 2006
Annual Membership Expires: 10 Nov 2018
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $1,008
Cell #: 2512(97445

Postby Barry Demko » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:58 pm

I don't have a dog in it but we are all men and it should have been handled in the woods not here we have enough people against our sport let's not help them right are wrong it's done now better luck next time it's just one hunt who gives a -

Keith Jenkins
Starting Member
PKC Name: Keith Jenkins
City, State: Rockingham, NC
PKC Member Since: 30 Mar 1996
Annual Membership Expires: 12 May 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $3,225

Postby Keith Jenkins » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:45 pm

I believe we should have more real judges on a cast just for this reason !! In some ways there both right , if the dog quit so be it bad break but the rules doesn't give( what is really a spectator) the right to make a big decision such as this !! In a regular cast when a dog trees you really have no way of running 15 unless he stays under your feet as you walk!! Brett don't give up there are good hunters and judges out there !! Just remember there's bad apples in every barrel but some sweet one too !!
Home Sch JBK's Lightning
RIP:
Sch Wipeout Sally
(Bark less Bite more )

Eric Caudill
Starting Member
PKC Name: Eric Caudill
City, State: Mayslick, KY
PKC Member Since: 09 May 2003
Annual Membership Expires: 27 Apr 2022
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $26,640
Cell #: 937-798-1537

Postby Eric Caudill » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:51 pm

The judge did nothing WRONG!!! If you look at the panel on the cast they are all qualified to make that decision plain and simple. The dog quit hunting, nothing would've changed if the judge was there or not, if anything it could've helped the handler if people are leaving the group going to the other dogs the dog could've very well followed them and drifted off from there.
Home of
PCH MOJO's BIG HULSE ( mojo x Big D )
CH Caudill’ Fatz ( Outsider x Mojo)
GCH WITCH'S SIVA ( LE x Mainstreet Witch)RIP
CH Jack the Ripper ( Mainstreet Jack)

Wes Coffman
Gold Member
PKC Name: Wesley R. Coffman
City, State: Pendleton, IN
PKC Member Since: 10 Sep 1999
Annual Membership Expires: 03 Nov 2018
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $255

Postby Wes Coffman » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:57 pm

My good friend Doug Cheek always says, "Go by the rules and you will rarely have a problem."

What rule allows for anyone other than the judge to start the 15?
God Bless
PKC Pride #66007

Barry Kiddy
Silver Member
PKC Name: Barry Kiddy
City, State: Adamsville, TN
PKC Member Since: 17 Jun 1985
Annual Membership Expires: 25 Oct 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $206,919

Postby Barry Kiddy » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:46 pm

Bill comes into cast, tail between his legs as something is wrong. judge starts 15 rule. Guide is already gone with a handler. Homer is declared treed when his tree is dead Bill has been gone 3 min 30 sec on the 5 min break stationary rule. Panel member says Do u want me to go with him ? Judge says yes. Cast splits up as judge and cast is headed to score handler and guides tree. judge at that time did not give panel member no authority but to go with handler to tree. JUst as they walk about 75 to 100 yards apart the panel members hollers at judge Hey Bill is down here with us. Judge breaks the 5. Coy says you don't see my dog and why is he hollering my dogs name as Bill is already spooked. Judge says I don't know what to do. Panel member hollers and say Do u want me to keep running the 15. Judge hollers back and say yes. Cou questions it and says Judge a panel member cant run the time or scratch a dog. Judge again said I don't know but I'm gonna let him. First off it was interference when he hollers that dogs name and he is standing there. Coy and judge walk 45 min in to tree and back to other tree. When they arrive Bill is in road with panel member. after going to the tree Coy ask can I handle my dog out of road? Judge ask panel member about Bill and he said he had been with them. Judge said Bill scratched, Coy questions it again.
PKC makes history as a dog is scratched without a JUDGES eyes on the dog.

Good Day !!
Original Home of the WIPEOUT strain!

Drake Roberson
Silver Member
PKC Name: Drake Roberson
City, State: Waterloo, AL
PKC Member Since: 24 Jul 2005
Annual Membership Expires: 30 May 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $68,031
Cell #: 2568568965

Postby Drake Roberson » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:54 pm

:shock:
PCH HISSY PHITT
PCH DIRTY DEALER

Jed Finley
Gold Member
PKC Name: Jed Finley
City, State: Bethany, MO
PKC Member Since: 26 Mar 2001
Annual Membership Expires: 04 May 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $197,589

Postby Jed Finley » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:10 pm

I have never heard of a panel deciding anything in a cast but a question. Whether the dog was hunting or not I have no clue I wasn't there but that is decided by the judge not the panel or back up judge. Very interesting to say the least that a panel made this decision not the judge!

One other time they tried to keep TDB from winning the pro division and at the end of the day he prevailed to be the pro leader!

Good luck to all running North Carolina will be where it will all come down to see who wins it again with controversy once again!
HOF NCH PCH STYLISH TRADER
PCH AFTER SHOCK
SS CH PCH DIGGIN UP BONES
PCH POURIN RAIN
PCH SENT FROM HELL
PCH HELL RAZOR
GCH WRECK IT RALPH
SCH LONE SURVIVOR
SCH STYLISH BELLA
SCH DEMPSEY DOG
SCH MARIE LEVEAU

Merlin Hershberger
Gold Member
PKC Name: Merlin Hershberger
City, State: Wellman, IA
PKC Member Since: 19 Jul 1988
Annual Membership Expires: 16 Nov 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $27,198

Postby Merlin Hershberger » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:02 pm

Darn alphas. :(

James Baskin

Postby James Baskin » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:20 pm

Kiddy has spoken, and you better listen. He is the best there is. Personally, myself, I have never heard of anything like this and I have been around a long time.

Kevin Cable Jr
Starting Member
PKC Name: Kevin Cable Jr
City, State: Connersville, IN
PKC Member Since: 08 Aug 2002
Annual Membership Expires: 20 Sep 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $335,001

Postby Kevin Cable Jr » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:22 pm

Jed Findley why don't you get some of your go go juice and send it to bill. He has been making a habit of being scared with his tail tucked and not wanting to re-cast off trees. I have seen TBD do alot of good work he has beat me several times but when a dog just quits hunting there is no way it should win a cast. As far as I know there isn't a rule that says that a back up judge can or can't run the time, this is a very grey area. As far as the pro race goes may the best dog win because I have no intentions of being in NC. I did have another coon treed I didn't get to score on bc of the time out situatuon, that would have wraped the cast up regardless.

Robert Anderson
Bronze Member
PKC Name: Robert Anderson
City, State: Millers Creek, NC
PKC Member Since: 16 Jun 2004
Annual Membership Expires: 08 Dec 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $3,916
Cell #: 336-927-6576

Postby Robert Anderson » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:06 am

Lol this is some good stuff

Bradley Hall
Gold Member
PKC Name: Bradley E. Hall
City, State: Coatesville, IN
PKC Member Since: 04 Aug 1994
Annual Membership Expires: 29 Sep 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $13,734

Postby Bradley Hall » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:56 am

Been in PKC for 22 years. Back when I started in 1994 I hunted for the late Lloyd Wells. Lloyd told me, "You play this game long enough, you will see questions that even though its black and white by the time a panel runs it and decides on it, they will have it a grey matter" another words it don't matter what we think, when it comes to questioning a call or appealing a panels decision anything can happen. This is one of those anythings. And I have seen black and white issues that were turned grey to many times over the last 5 years.
BradHallAuctioneer.com

John Gossett
Silver Member
PKC Name: John L Gossett
City, State: Jasper, IN
PKC Member Since: 21 Oct 1992
Annual Membership Expires: 16 Jun 2016
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $30,665
Cell #: 812-309-9722

Postby John Gossett » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:16 am

If I understand correctly, when the panel member is going to Homer's tree, he then takes on the role as a judge because he will be running time and judging Homer at the tree. When he hollered, it sounds as if he needed to find out if the 5 is up on Bill. I don't know how u can clarify the situation to the judge without using the dogs name. I say the common sense rule would be used here.

Even if the panel member going to Homer's tree and had NOT hollered back, I believe he should be able to run a time on the dog, and he would have still been scratched. Bad breaks are part of the game. No judge is going to run every cast to the letter of the rules nor is every panel going to make the right decision every time.
John Gossett #29306
Pine Ridge Kennel
Tuck '94 Indiana State Leader/Top 8 PKC World Hunt
Pine Ridge Emma Top 100 All Time Reproducer
Pine Ridge Chic '02 Senior SS Ch/Top 100 All Time Reproducer
Pine Ridge Tuff
Pine Ridge Loner '15 Spring Freshman SS Ch

Steven Smith
Silver Member
PKC Name: Steven Smith
City, State: Ellijay, GA
PKC Member Since: 27 Apr 2001
Annual Membership Expires: 20 Jul 2025
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $222,212
Cell #: (770)546-4453

Postby Steven Smith » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:41 am

So you guys are telling me that's it's ok for a guide or back up judge or panel member to be able to judge your dog when your not around ??? So you as a handler are with the judge like the rules say while another man is judging your dog without you seeing or knowing what is going on ???

I for one have a major problem with time being worked on my dog for anything without me being present !!!!

From what some of you are saying why even have handlers in the woods??? I guess we can pull up to the woods cast our dogs n let the judge go judge them. And then come back with the winner and then the handler can go catch his dog ????
Last edited by Steven Smith on Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Home Of :

PCH Stylish Cloey
PCH "She's So Krazy"
PCH Out Of Pocket
PCH Many Bawls
PCH Wipeout Jessie Jane
PCH WCH Wipeout 3Sum

GCH Harry Bawls
GCH Cotton Bawls
GCH Half Breed Lil Jess

Return to “Moderators Only”