Open Event Entry Fees Increase by $5!

General discussion topics. If you would like your post removed, type the word “DELETE” in the title box. (All posts will be removed after 30 days)

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Eugene Gafford
Bronze Member
PKC Name: Eugene Gafford
City, State: Springville, TN
PKC Member Since: 02 May 2007
Annual Membership Expires: 07 Dec 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $2,338

Re: Open Event Entry Fees Increase by $5!

Postby Eugene Gafford » Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:20 am

I'm gonna throw something else our here that some may find minute, and some may agree. As hunt director at 2 clubs it's a pain in the arse to get/keep change to break larger bills at a hunt. Now adding the extra 5 is really gonna be a pain. Like I said, nothing major but a thought for the hunt directors trying to make change, pay out winners at the end of the night.
"No matter,wudn't no Grizz left anyway"

Houston County Coon Club,
Sandy River Coon Club,

Springville Lodge #130 F&AM

Home of ...
Gafford's Hustlin' Lightnin',
Gafford's Goofy Goober, and
Gafford's Hustlin' BOLO

Ronnie Keene
Starting Member
PKC Name: Ronnie Keene
City, State: Dardanelle, AR
PKC Member Since: 01 Mar 2001
Annual Membership Expires: 12 Mar 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $17,709
Cell #: 4798588503

Postby Ronnie Keene » Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:44 am

I'm just gonna say this...
+81 million Americans thought voting for Joe Biden to be our predident was the right thing to do too...
This is the - change PKC has ever done. Let's just pay entry fees and get no winnings in hopes that we can win more money down the road,, sounds familiar to what one of our other kennel clubs did.
Get Treed Incorporated
Gch Big Ridge Esther PKC''s 2020 Arkansas State Champion
Sch GTI's Annie23
Ch GTI's Zip-it
Sch GTI's Hardwood Rebel- RIP
Ch GTI's Lonesome Maggie- RIP
Ch GTI's Wipeout Sauce-RIP
Ch GTI's Wipeout Spoty Dottie- RIP

Steven Basham
Starting Member
PKC Name: Steven Basham
City, State: Boonville, IN
PKC Member Since: 09 Sep 2011
Annual Membership Expires: 14 May 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $39,200

Postby Steven Basham » Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:30 am

If the amount of people complaining about this actually went to hunts before this change, the hunts would of been packed full. I don’t see a negative here. Yant said it best. What we have isn’t working. They have to try something. I for one absolutely love this. Good job

Daniel Donahue
Starting Member
PKC Name: Daniel Donahue
City, State: New Haven, KY
PKC Member Since: 13 Jun 2014
Annual Membership Expires: 29 Jun 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $1,970
Cell #: 502-349-2800

Re: Open event entry fees increase by $5!

Postby Daniel Donahue » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:36 am

Rick St.Clair II wrote:
Brandon Coselman wrote:
Dylan Hovey wrote:
Explain please why people who are going to $30 hunts right now why this would stop them from going?

I know it was ur proposal... but u don't hafta b offended. I just dont think it is going to help $30 hunt numbers at all. I personally think it will have the direct opposite effect on them. It very well might help State Race numbers. But u can't compete anymore by going to $30 hunts, paying $35 and winning $54 at a time. Therefore I believe they will slowly get phased out completely. Maybe that's ok with most people, but I personally don't like it.

Agree phased out. If your going to run a state race on $30 hunts you better have one that's unbeatable. $50 double headers, $100 double headers rather you can afford them or not someone else can, there's only 16 spots in every state race!

This was created only for people who run state hunts to be funded by the people who don’t.

Andy Strunk
Starting Member
PKC Name: Andy Strunk
City, State: Stearns, KY
PKC Member Since: 16 Apr 2012
Annual Membership Expires: 30 Mar 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $3,364

Re: Open event entry fees increase by $5!

Postby Andy Strunk » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:16 am

Daniel Donahue wrote:
This was created only for people who run state hunts to be funded by the people who don’t.

how do you figure that? all you gotta do is win 2 casts a month and most times youll make the top 16 in kentucky state race. as it stands right now in the KY race you win 3 $100 hunts and your in the top 16 and its august.

hunts are down because of gas prices and inflation everywhere else in my opinion, normal working folk dont wanna run the roads with gas how it is. if the hunt is not at my club im out close to $100 on a $30 entry by the time i factor gas in. id say several people are in the same boat. that being said whats an extra $5 to hunt for more at the end of the year if you decide to run a state race, whats $5 more extra dollars so the youth can hunt for more at the youth state hunt. i'd gladly pay $5 dollars extra, that being said i dont feel like very many others will do the same in my area and it may have a negative effect on my lil ol rinky dink club and id say several other areas are in the same boat. hopefully it works as planned and brings numbers up, some areas it will some areas it wont.

Daniel Spurlock
Bronze Member
PKC Name: Daniel Spurlock
City, State: Adolphus, KY
PKC Member Since: 27 Feb 1997
Annual Membership Expires: 16 Oct 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $39,919
Cell #: 270-943-1670

Postby Daniel Spurlock » Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:51 pm

Each club should keep up with their entries and audit at the end of that fiscal year, then all clubs get together in that state to check numbers. Its a good idea if numbers add up!
Home of Bluegrass Check-Mate
Bluegrass BOOM BOOM
Bluegrass Bugattti
Come with a light any night! #48113

Daniel Keller
Starting Member
PKC Name: Daniel J Keller
City, State: Sheridan, WY
PKC Member Since: 21 Sep 2008
Annual Membership Expires: 22 Nov 2022
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $0
Cell #: 3074611656

Postby Daniel Keller » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:43 pm

Not a horrible idea, but not a great idea. I think this will make it a little more fun for the same 16 guys that were going to be doing the State hunt either way.

Raising the pot is a good idea, no a great idea. Doing it through higher entry fees is an ok idea.. being creative to get more hunters to the hunts would be a better way to increase the pot, no?

Would there be a way to make it a requirement to be eligible to hunt some of the big hunts- that you have to participate in one or two $30 hunts a year?
---------------------------------------
Thankful to God for coonhounds!
https://nighttrainhounds.webs.com/

Adam Lowry
Starting Member
PKC Name: Adam Lowry
City, State: Saint Pauls, NC
PKC Member Since: 22 Apr 2016
Annual Membership Expires: 21 Jan 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $56,915
Cell #: (910)734-8686

Postby Adam Lowry » Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:11 am

This will make the state hunts have more participation
PCh Riverswamp Spot
Ch slow talking Leebo
PCH Nova
PCH slim Again
GCH pack-a Check-book
Coon Dog Factory
TMS Kennels
Hard work dedication!!
Everyone wants to be apart of the accomplishments nobody wants to be apart of the process to reach them!!!

Larry Clifton
PKC National Director
PKC Name: Larry D. Clifton
City, State: Mcalester, OK
PKC Member Since: 19 Mar 1984
Annual Membership Expires: 30 Jun 2027
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $63,043
Cell #: 918-429-3571

Postby Larry Clifton » Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:01 pm

Come on guys this is 5 dollars.Cut out the RC cola and a moon pie on the way to the hunt and you have saved your money back with a little left over…

Michael Ward
Starting Member
PKC Name: Michael Ward
City, State: Falkville, AL
PKC Member Since: 04 Mar 2004
Annual Membership Expires: 01 Jun 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $408,613
Cell #: 256-636-4891

Postby Michael Ward » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:06 pm

Great move. Yeah it’s $5 more but it gives a man a reason to run for a state race, also helps the youth and builds more of a world hunt purse. The small hunts have been “dying” for years so that’s not a good argument against it. maybe it’ll bring them back if people will look at the bright side instead of being negative about every little thing that happens
PCH THE AMERICAN BILLIONAIRE

PCH CAPTAIN AMERICA

Jimmy Van Hoose
Starting Member
PKC Name: Jimmy Van Hoose
City, State: Hannibal, MO
PKC Member Since: 27 Oct 1999
Annual Membership Expires: 30 Sep 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $2,935
Cell #: 5734069956

Postby Jimmy Van Hoose » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:08 pm

Looks like PKC makes $15 a dog on $100 OEs. How about on those PKC takes $5 less per dog and leave those at $100. They do no more work on a $100OE hunt report then they do on a $30.

Sam Brodrick
Starting Member
PKC Name: Sam Brodrick
City, State: Munford, TN
PKC Member Since: 20 Oct 2020
Annual Membership Expires: 09 Nov 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $3,336
Cell #: 901-491-4039

Postby Sam Brodrick » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:47 pm

Is it possible to add another 5$ per hunt to put someone on the payroll to audit the local club hunts randomly? Maybe stop the hunt “directors” from hand picking cast?

There is another thread going on around NC S R now, so it appears I do not live in the only area this is happening. Could this potentially be killing the small hunts? Just curious.

Ben Crocker
Gold Member
PKC Name: Ben Crocker
City, State: Ashley, MI
PKC Member Since: 02 May 2000
Annual Membership Expires: 25 Jun 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $54,982

Postby Ben Crocker » Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:46 am

Our club hasn’t sent in our 2023 hunt charter yet. We are unsure on what to schedule. With most of the local clubs changing their doubleheader dates to $100 hunts it will be all but impossible to get in our state top 16 or winning truck tickets by attending $30 hunts alone. So scheduling week day hunts or any $30 hunt seems foolish. With that said, many of our club local support will be gone with higher entry fees. I see the value of holding hundred dollar open hunts for major events but just to have them every random weekend I feel is overwhelming to most local club supporters. And whatever happened to Mandatory Hunt dates must be set in stone 60 days prior? I’m now seeing week long hundred dollar every night hunts made up and scheduled a couple weeks before the event? And never used to see hunts canceled at the rapid rate they are now just the day before and day of an event. Just seems like things are being made up on the go and looks terrible in my opinion. We have held what we call our maple River classic for several years now, knowing the legacy wouldn’t fill I changed our hunt to a $100 doubleheader seeing that was the new thing. This morning I received my fourth call from another local that won’t be coming because of the high entry which resulted in this post today. Guess I can just call and cancel the morning of if I wake with a small headache. So my question is what benefit is it to have a $30 hunts in an area where I feel will have very few of them left? Meaning that’s what most of our club participants want to hunt in but they also want it to mean something? I know it sounds like I’m only complaining but I’m simply asking for advice to try and keep and bring new hunters and youth to our sport. I’m fortunate enough to be able to attend most any event I choose but it’s not the norm for many.
989-529-8563.

Steven Basham
Starting Member
PKC Name: Steven Basham
City, State: Boonville, IN
PKC Member Since: 09 Sep 2011
Annual Membership Expires: 14 May 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $39,200

Postby Steven Basham » Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:01 am

Imo all you can do is schedule a lil bit of all of them. My opinion to my club was this. Keep weekday 30$. Then every other month keep the 30$ dh. There will be incentives for hunting the 30$. You can still get $30 truck tickets, which is easier than the overall one. Also moody put together the other championship program which will have the top 16 overall 30$ winners hunting for a spot in that big hunt. Soooo let’s say oct you have dh 30$, nov dh 100$, dec dh 30$, so on so on. Imo that gives everyone a chance to hunt the hunts they would like. Good luck and don’t let peoples constant negativity deter you. Happy hunting.

Lance Laymon
Bronze Member
PKC Name: Lance Laymon
City, State: Deputy, IN
PKC Member Since: 03 Apr 1999
Annual Membership Expires: 07 Aug 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $3,013

Postby Lance Laymon » Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:24 am

[quote=
Let's just pay entry fees and get no winnings in hopes that we can win more money down the road,, sounds familiar to what one of our other kennel clubs did.[/quote]

I agree, If the extra $20 per cast was paid out to cast winners a $35 entry would pay out $92. That is pretty nice. But now a $35 win could only pay 54. That ain't worth going and wasting the gas. I would rather get paid now then get nothing later. And all but one will get nothing later.

Return to “General Message Forum”