Question!!!

This Forum is used only for Moderators of the Prohound Online Forum. Viewable by only you and other Moderators.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Joey Craver
Bronze Member
PKC Name: Joey Craver
City, State: Jeffersonville, KY
PKC Member Since: 30 Apr 2003
Annual Membership Expires: 17 Jul 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $99,234

Re: Question!!!

Postby Joey Craver » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:00 pm

I think Kyle Forsee is one of the best judges out there! And congrats to all the Final 4. Be grateful that you were even there.
WCH PCH Wipeout Tank 2

Coy Sullivan
Bronze Member
PKC Name: Coy Sullivan
City, State: Middleton, TN
PKC Member Since: 10 Jan 2002
Annual Membership Expires: 28 Nov 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $271,049
Cell #: 731-203-8128

Postby Coy Sullivan » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:10 pm

Joey Craver wrote:I think Kyle Forsee is one of the best judges out there! And congrats to all the Final 4. Be grateful that you were even there.

I've never said Kyle wasn't...Kyle did a good job, except for letting the panel member influence him on what to do! That is the only reason the 5 was broke an 15 was still run by a panel member. That panel member wasn't suppose to be hollering about seeing a dog! He is the one that caused this issue. The judge plainly said he wasn't sure to me an didn't know if I needed to go wth the panel member or him until I told him I couldn't make a call unless I was with him. Other than that he did a good job. An it's always easy to say forget it or be thankful you was there until you make it there an something like this happens. It isn't easy to make it to a final 4...much less win it. So yes when something like this happens your going to be upset!
WCH PCH Thousand Dollar Bill
Thousand Dollar Kreed

Bob Turnbow
Bronze Member
PKC Name: Bob Turnbow
City, State: Linden, TN
PKC Member Since: 26 Jun 1985
Annual Membership Expires: 13 Jun 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $0

Postby Bob Turnbow » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:25 pm

Mickey Hale your last sentence is oh so true!!! And I apologize now to the ones who are going to tell me they never have.

Joe Wilbanks

Postby Joe Wilbanks » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:44 pm

Nickey Hale wrote:Congrats to Kevin, Darrel, Eric, and Coy for getting in the Final 4. Kevin won it, Coy should have won it, if Darrel could have figured out a way to get Kevin scratched he would have won it,and Eric just couldn't get struck with all them babbling dogs or he would have won it.lol Everyone cheer up there is another one next month at North Carolina. Seriously, everybody has been cheated a little some time and everyone has cheated someone sometime.

Best Answer yet :!: :!: :!: :!:

Bradley Hayes
Starting Member
PKC Name: Bradley Hayes
City, State: Gradyville, KY
PKC Member Since: 20 Apr 2000
Annual Membership Expires: 04 May 2018
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $2,539

Postby Bradley Hayes » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:02 pm

Nicky hale sometimes you get the bear sometime the bear gets you! go trump

Nickey Hale

Postby Nickey Hale » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:20 pm

GO HILLARY

Jonathan Goldman
Starting Member
PKC Name: Jonathan Goldman
City, State: Fayetteville, TN
PKC Member Since: 16 Jan 2002
Annual Membership Expires: 30 Sep 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $31,813

Postby Jonathan Goldman » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:01 pm

Only person that should be keeping time is the assigned judge. If the judge ask a back up judge to run time on a dog the handler needs to be right there with him.

The panel is there for questions and should remain with the main judge at all times. The reason for a panel being in the woods is if the main judge makes a call and the handler believes a wrong call or ruling was made then the handler can question it right then and there. The panel members can see what happened, how the ruling by the judge went, and base there decision by the rules and the situation by being there and not hearing three different sides of the story. (Like most cases when you bring a question back to a club)

And by no means should a panel member ever be keeping time when he leaves the main judges footsteps or should they ever leave the judge. If they do then how would they ever be able to sit on a question?

Just my two cents. Congrats to the final four!!!
Last edited by Jonathan Goldman on Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Home of PCH Super Stakes Champion Duck River Lead

Coy Sullivan
Bronze Member
PKC Name: Coy Sullivan
PKC Member Since: 10 Jan 2002
Annual Membership Expires: 28 Nov 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $271,049
Cell #: 731-203-8128

Postby Coy Sullivan » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:06 pm

Jonathan Goldman wrote:Only person that should be keeping time is the assigned judge. If the judge ask a back up judge to run time on a dog the handler needs to be right there with him.

The panel is there for questions and should remain with the main judge at all times. The reason for a panel being in the woods is if the main judge makes a call and the handler believes a wrong call or ruling was made then the handler can question it right then and there. The panel members can see what happened, how the ruling by the judge went, and base there decision by the rules and the situation by being there and not hearing three different sides of the story. (Like most cases when you bring a question back to a club)

And by no means should a panel member ever be keeping time when he leaves the main judges footsteps or should they ever leave the judge. If they do then how would they ever be able to sit on a question?

My thoughts exactly...Couldn't have said it any better!!
WCH PCH Thousand Dollar Bill
Thousand Dollar Kreed

Billy Carter
Silver Member
PKC Name: Billy Carter
City, State: Elkton, KY
PKC Member Since: 25 Feb 1998
Annual Membership Expires: 24 May 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $25,943

Postby Billy Carter » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:28 pm

Nickey Hale wrote:Congrats to Kevin, Darrel, Eric, and Coy for getting in the Final 4. Kevin won it, Coy should have won it, if Darrel could have figured out a way to get Kevin scratched he would have won it,and Eric just couldn't get struck with all them babbling dogs or he would have won it.lol Everyone cheer up there is another one next month at North Carolina. Seriously, everybody has been cheated a little some time and everyone has cheated someone sometime.

This may be the best post on this topic. Final sentence the most true statement ever spoke when it comes to anyone who has ever turned a dog loose at a sanctioned event in any KC
Bays Fork "Breeding for Superiority"

Andy Futrell
Bronze Member
PKC Name: Andy Futrell
City, State: Jewett, TX
PKC Member Since: 08 Aug 1983
Annual Membership Expires: 17 Jan 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $29,903

Postby Andy Futrell » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:42 pm

Amen Nickey always said what goes around comes around
Andy Futrell 8088 GCH ScarFace Lil. Sch BackWater Stroker Sch Mr Whitey. Ch Stylish Harry 14. stylish Candy. Old Red Headin South. Ch Whiskey River whoo

Mark Sullivan
Starting Member
PKC Name: Mark Sullivan
PKC Member Since: 20 Apr 1993
Annual Membership Expires: 01 Dec 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $101,098

Postby Mark Sullivan » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:55 pm

This was a PRO HUNT...
Not a 30 $ hunt...
AT a PKC HUNT, That Supposed to be a (PROFESSIONAL KENNEL CLUB)
COY... I GUESS YOU JUST GOT CHEATED

BY ALL THIS I'VE LEARNED A NEW TRICK :lol:
PCH BSC AMERICAN EXPRESS

Barry Kiddy
Silver Member
PKC Name: Barry Kiddy
City, State: Adamsville, TN
PKC Member Since: 17 Jun 1985
Annual Membership Expires: 25 Oct 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $206,919

Postby Barry Kiddy » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:19 pm

Jonathan Goldman wrote:Only person that should be keeping time is the assigned judge. If the judge ask a back up judge to run time on a dog the handler needs to be right there with him.

You must be kin to my ole hero ! James Love
Your right on Booger !!
Original Home of the WIPEOUT strain!

Kyle Forsee
Starting Member
PKC Name: Kyle Forsee
City, State: Bethel, OH
PKC Member Since: 16 Feb 2004
Annual Membership Expires: 06 Apr 2019
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $4,193
Cell #: 5134299103

Postby Kyle Forsee » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:34 pm

Joey Craver wrote:I think Kyle Forsee is one of the best judges out there! And congrats to all the Final 4. Be grateful that you were even there.

Thanks Joey! Greatly appreciated!

Shelby Danner
Starting Member
PKC Name: Shelby C Danner
City, State: New Market, AL
PKC Member Since: 07 Apr 1993
Annual Membership Expires: 04 Mar 2022
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $19,256

Postby Shelby Danner » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:41 am

With so many rules not being followed and blatant misuse of panel members on this cast then to use the same one on the question. Are you freaking kidding me? We have used 1 judge for yrs. dogs catch breaks good and bad that's part of the game, but please don't go implementing rules because its convienent today and something else tomorrow. Stick with the rules that have been drafted PKC
and don't be too prideful to admit mistakes when made,because we are all human. There are a lot of long time members anxiously waiting to see how this is handled.
PKC your CREDIBILITY and STANDARD are on the line, do the right thing!
GR NITE CH PKC GCH Jewells Stylish Buster RIP
PKC GCH Nite CH Hurricanader Harley

Jonathan Warrington
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Jonathan D. Warrington
City, State: Humboldt, TN
PKC Member Since: 27 Aug 1991
Annual Membership Expires: 25 Jan 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $20,590

Postby Jonathan Warrington » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:41 am

There is never a time under the PKC Rules and has never been a time under PKC Rules (until last weekend), where a handler was not present when his dog was scratched for not hunting.

Return to “Moderators Only”