Question!!!

This Forum is used only for Moderators of the Prohound Online Forum. Viewable by only you and other Moderators.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

John Gossett
Silver Member
PKC Name: John L Gossett
City, State: Jasper, IN
PKC Member Since: 21 Oct 1992
Annual Membership Expires: 16 Jun 2016
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $30,665
Cell #: 812-309-9722

Re: Question!!!

Postby John Gossett » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:44 pm

If PKC backs up and fixes/pays (that is if there is anything to fix, my opinion is NO) a different way than has already been paid, I want paid for my final four I got screwed out of at the Labor Day Classic in 1994. Two handlers intentionally lied to a panel to get me scratched with 11 minutes hunting time remaining with me leading the cast. This is the late round. Due to their lies, I got barred, I went to Roy Tramble and told him the two handlers told me they were going to get me scratched before we entered the club house for a panel to hear a question. He did some investigating and one admitted that was what they had done. I never did get my first place money. And I was at a hunt the next weekend because PKC lifted the barring because I had been done wrong. No money for me though. Just Saying!!! :D :D
John Gossett #29306
Pine Ridge Kennel
Tuck '94 Indiana State Leader/Top 8 PKC World Hunt
Pine Ridge Emma Top 100 All Time Reproducer
Pine Ridge Chic '02 Senior SS Ch/Top 100 All Time Reproducer
Pine Ridge Tuff
Pine Ridge Loner '15 Spring Freshman SS Ch

Jim Letourneau
Bronze Member
PKC Name: Jim Letourneau
City, State: Quitman, GA
PKC Member Since: 06 Mar 2006
Annual Membership Expires: 02 Dec 2020
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $24,623
Cell #: 229 561 9406

Postby Jim Letourneau » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:28 pm

I don't really care who won the cast or who lost what I don't understand is why wasn't he given and appeal? From what people have stated on here the dog walked with a panel member that was walkin to a split tree not with the judge and the rest of the cast, " no different than if you walk to a split tree alone and a dog comes in and walks with you. " the way I understand a panel is only there for a question not to judge..I also thought a panel was to stay with the cast ( judge) in case there is a question so It can be questioned right then and they can make decision and cast can resume without stopping. Seems like there is not a question that the dog quit but if I was on an appeal panel I woulda ruled in coys favor from what I have read on here.. Cause the dog wasn't walkin the judge ..... Nobody has answered why he wasn't granted an appeal ..the judge sounds like a good one that's why there is an appeal process because even good judges make honest mistakes... Jmo
PCH SS CH SOUTHSIDE WIPEOUT STONER

Chris Sterrett
Gold Member
PKC Name: Chris P. Sterrett
City, State: Marianna, FL
PKC Member Since: 20 Aug 1992
Annual Membership Expires: 28 Feb 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $45,013

Postby Chris Sterrett » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:36 pm

I havent had time to read 8 pages of comments so probably beating whats already been said but I have thought this over alot and putting a panel member as a judge does not make any since to me whatsoever. Same guy that scores this dog is also on the panel if it is questioned. Thats nuts! I thought there was a backup judge on these final rounds of prohunts.
Grntch Pkc ch Ez Money

Jesse Lively Jr
Bronze Member
PKC Name: Jesse Lively Jr
City, State: Rayville, LA
PKC Member Since: 25 Feb 2002
Annual Membership Expires: 14 Sep 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $93,575

Postby Jesse Lively Jr » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:13 pm

Panel member had one duty that was to go to the tree with the handler wait for judge to arrive to score the tree in my opinion he should have paid no attention to Bill or any other dog besides the one that was treed he was going to should have made every attempt not to interfear with any dog

Randy Phegley
Starting Member
PKC Name: Randy Phegley
City, State: Hymera, IN
PKC Member Since: 08 Oct 2001
Annual Membership Expires: 08 Oct 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $28,122
Cell #: 812-201-4499

Postby Randy Phegley » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:32 pm

What if TDB doesn't get scratched even though the judge had started the 15 on him and it got broke bc he followed the panel member and handler to Homer's tree but when the judge gets to Homer's tree TDB is still standing with the handler and panel member would everyone be on here saying Kevin and money got screwed bc TDB hadn't hunted for almost a hour. I guarantee either way the judge would've handled this situation some one would've started a post just like this saying such and such got screwed. I don't know Coy or Kevin and and I'm not bashing anyone I just see how this shoe fits......... congrats to the final 4

Jonathan Parsley
Starting Member
PKC Name: Jonathan Parsley
City, State: Washington Court House, OH
PKC Member Since: 02 May 2010
Annual Membership Expires: 12 Mar 2022
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $103,849
Cell #: 614-582-9056

Postby Jonathan Parsley » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:46 pm

I don't have a dog in this fight and none of my concern what the outcome is.. The rules we have are rules that have worked for years and if inforced properly there are no problems.. I consider Kyle a good friend and he is as straight as they come and always been a good judge when I've had him.. Pro rules assign one non hunting judge to a cast.. no one else has authority to score dogs or scratch dogs other than the judge.. that is plain and in black and white in the rules.. It was questioned and ruled against and was appealed.. Why the appeal was denied is more of a problem here than anything that happened in the woods.. it's alot different when your actually the one in the cast and in the heat of the moment and things can happen that aren't right and that's why we have the question process and the option to appeal a ruling by a panel.. The board needs to look close at this grant the handler his appeal and let the national board of directors rule on the issue.. That's why we have an appeal process and a board to decide on things like this.. However the see fit to rule on this is the way it should stand..

William Stokes
Bronze Member
PKC Name: William K Stokes
City, State: Ramsey, IL
PKC Member Since: 05 Aug 1996
Annual Membership Expires: 04 Aug 2022
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $174,244
Cell #: 618-339-9656

Postby William Stokes » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:03 pm

Just a couple questions I have and I wasn't there and idc about who won and didn't! You got a judge and three panel members,NOT four judges out there! It may have said somewhere I haven't read it all but why didn't the guide or someone else on the cast that was qualified go to the split tree so all the panel members could stay with the judge where their supposed to be? I may be wrong but to me the cast is wherever the judge is at and the dog wasn't with the cast it was with the panel member! I agree with lively the panel member should've had one responsibility and that was to judge the dog he was going to! What good does it do to send a panel to the woods if their not gonna stay with the judge anyway?? If the panel member had been where he was supposed to be none of this would've happened! JMO
Rip/Gr.Nt.Ch. 2x PCH Mister Overdrive / former home of 2x PCH WildBill

Michael Rosamond
Bronze Member
PKC Name: Michael Rosamond
City, State: Mc Rae, AR
PKC Member Since: 15 Jan 1998
Annual Membership Expires: 14 Dec 2022
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $6,522
Cell #: 936-827-6309

Postby Michael Rosamond » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:24 pm

Any time I have every had someone sent to a tree with me it was to make sure the dog was treed like I said it was and the 2 doesn’t catch it. Everyone on this board has done it or had it done to them. So my only question is if you are giving permission to a spectator to judge the dog then why can’t this man? I understand the conflict of interest but my question still stands. Why was this guy sent to Homers tree? It was to judge him in the absents of the main judge. If he can do that and report back why can he not let the judge know the dog isn’t hunting? He didn’t scratch the dog the judge did. He just reported to the judge no different than he would have if Homer had been milling around. No one would have a problem with that? If you all think he cant do that then there is never a reason to send someone to a tree with someone because what they say doesn’t matter.

Either way they need to give the man his appeal.
Sunspot lights
When brightness matters!

Trey Perrin
Silver Member
PKC Name: Trey Perrin
City, State: Chelsea, AL
PKC Member Since: 01 Jun 2001
Annual Membership Expires: 24 Apr 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $52,002

Postby Trey Perrin » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:38 pm

So if the judge sends somebody with a handler to be sure a dog stays treed then that person now also should be allowed to keep time on other dogs because he was sent to a split tree?
GCH THE COON BUSTER

John Dengg
Bronze Member
PKC Name: John Dengg
City, State: Streetsboro, OH
PKC Member Since: 13 Feb 2008
Annual Membership Expires: 21 Oct 2020
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $901
Cell #: (330)676-2298

Postby John Dengg » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:02 pm

maybe I read wrong but I've read where a judge shouldn't be able to score a dog with out the handler present. What if the judge was going in with a handler to handle a dog treed while other members are at a closed tree and a dog that is struck in comes to the judges feet and obviously quits it track but that handler isn't present can the judge not minus that dog because the handler wasn't there.

Bradley Hall
Gold Member
PKC Name: Bradley E. Hall
City, State: Coatesville, IN
PKC Member Since: 04 Aug 1994
Annual Membership Expires: 29 Sep 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $13,734

Postby Bradley Hall » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:03 pm

Sorry, was going to be light hearted, took it back.
BradHallAuctioneer.com

Mike Fleming
Gold Member
PKC Name: Mike Fleming
City, State: Abbeville, SC
PKC Member Since: 20 Jan 1995
Annual Membership Expires: 16 Dec 2022
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $980
Cell #: 864-378-2551

Postby Mike Fleming » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:16 pm

I don't see a reason to change the rules because the ones we have were not followed.I know in the middle of a hunt when things are happening you don't have time to think a lot but after its over it can be fixed.He should be able to his appeal if not its no reason to go by the blue book.
Mike Fleming

Bill Andrews
Gold Member
PKC Name: Bill Andrews
City, State: Blytheville, AR
PKC Member Since: 23 Jul 1984
Annual Membership Expires: 11 Aug 2022
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $5,351

Postby Bill Andrews » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:36 pm

I've hunted in a few of these hunts and Evan judged a few and I always thought that if a judge, hunting or non hunting, put the 15 on a dog the time was running until the dog was out of the judges eyes for 5 minutes or the dog struck, then the 15 was taken off the dog. Key word, out of the judges eyes. I have withdraw and went back to my truck only to find a cast dog in my box. Should I have told the judge when the cast was over that the dog had been here with me for 30 min?? I could have but I'd be laughed out of the woods.

Unless things have drastically changed only the judge can minus,plus or circle anything!!!
PKC Proud #32

Brian Carter
Bronze Member
PKC Name: Brian Carter
City, State: Marion, NC
PKC Member Since: 14 Jan 2000
Annual Membership Expires: 08 Mar 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $7,372
Cell #: 828-442-8727

Postby Brian Carter » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:51 pm

With all that has been said my question is what about the other 2 handlers and two panel members? It has been said that the judge messed up and a panel member scratched or kept time on the dog. Also that an appeal was denied. If all this wrong doing was going on why did the other hunters or panel members not speak up then.
If it was blatantly wrong you would think someone would have spoken up.
Brian Carter
828-442-8727

Jason Miller
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Jason Miller
City, State: Quitman, MS
PKC Member Since: 29 Apr 1995
Annual Membership Expires: 11 Jul 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $43,084

Postby Jason Miller » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:14 pm

wow!!! Hate I did not see this earlier...
"If you are asking why, then look to the sky and pray. For only through Jesus can all questions be answered"
Jason Miller

Return to “Moderators Only”