Transparency

General discussion topics. If you would like your post removed, type the word “DELETE” in the title box. (All posts will be removed after 30 days)

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Dylan Hovey
Bronze Member
PKC Name: Dylan Hovey
City, State: Meridianville, AL
PKC Member Since: 24 Mar 2006
Annual Membership Expires: 13 Dec 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $32,432

Transparency

Postby Dylan Hovey » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:10 am

I'd like to know how much money was raised for the Youth Fund last year. (the $1 increase from open event entries)

Just saw that the Youth World payout wasn't increased at all :shock:

Get these kids some cash (not a scholarship) you just might see an increase in participation.
PCH Red Ruby Hardtime Dot
PCH 3 Bawls Deep

Dylan Hovey
Bronze Member

Re: Transparency

Postby Dylan Hovey » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:32 pm

Or maybe an easier question… what are we doing with the money?
PCH 3 Bawls Deep

Heath Geter
Starting Member
PKC Name: Heath Geter
City, State: Woodland, AL
PKC Member Since: 21 Apr 2010
Annual Membership Expires: 03 Mar 2025
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $5,013
Cell #: (770)833-7539

Postby Heath Geter » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:45 pm

Good luck getting a straight answer!!
PCH NCH WIPEOUT CLAYTON
SCH WIPEOUT EYE CANDY

Amy Kovac-Thomas
Bronze Member
PKC Name: Amy Thomas
City, State: De Soto, MO
PKC Member Since: 26 Oct 2003
Annual Membership Expires: 29 Jul 2013
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $0

Postby Amy Kovac-Thomas » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:55 pm

I have been tight lipped regarding everything being said about the Youth Program. However, I keep waiting for clear heads to prevail and it just keeps coming up and I am absolutely appalled at all of you who are thinking that we would not use funds for our youth.

In the past, our expenses were covered mainly though our auction and donations with C&H Publishing covering scholarships by paying out as needed. This was the system that I inherited, Roger Dale inherited, and Chris inherited. I tried in the past to set up a separate fund for this because I feared the day that we might lose them as a sponsor, but we never had enough income to make this work. Chris has worked hard to build this program to have it's own account and funding and he has succeeded. We are working on a game plan for the next steps and we need to have just a little time to plan, restructure, and figure out the best course of action. Yes, we plan to increase payouts. No, that may not have been reflected for the upcoming World flier, but we have also just been trying to figure when to host the Youth World with changes in when the big World is held.

What I can say is if you think that I or Chris have done ANYTHING to gain from this youth program financially or to cause it any detriment - feel free to call me (636) 288-4537 and I will gladly discuss with you anything you want. You want transparency - I'll give it to you and you might not like what I have to say about you in return in my frankness.

I am absolutely ashamed of you all who have acted like there is some sort of scheme going on. Neither Chris nor I have a child in this program - my youngest has been out for almost 5 years now and yet, here I am using up personal days from work, paying out of my pocket to travel to events to support them, donating my time to call a kid to talk to them and promote them, and I don't even compete. I do it because it was what I grew up with, my kids loved it, and I hope my grandchildren have the chance to experience it if they chose.

Instead of taking this time to stir the pot, feel free to contact us with ideas you think would be beneficial for our program. Chris and I ask each month for ideas/feedback in our column for a reason. We are open to suggestions to take into consideration. They may not be IMMEDIATE as we both hold jobs and believe it or not, have families and lives with demands, and everything really does have to be thought out and considered, but good ideas/concepts are definitely NEVER dismissed!
Amazing Cur Kennels

Home of the gone, but never forgotten - Amazing Swamp Rat, son of Rat Attack.

Generations of Success
with
Curs & Crossbreeds

Mike Fleming
Gold Member
PKC Name: Mike Fleming
City, State: Abbeville, SC
PKC Member Since: 20 Jan 1995
Annual Membership Expires: 16 Dec 2022
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $980
Cell #: 864-378-2551

Postby Mike Fleming » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:22 pm

You would think as much money they are raking in from these big money hunts they could put some in the youth program
Mike Fleming

Dylan Hovey
Bronze Member

Postby Dylan Hovey » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:35 pm

Respectfully, not anywhere above your post did I mention -or insinuate that you, or anybody was apart of a scheme!

In that long lashing, I didn’t see an answer to my questions. Teacher use to tell me there wasn’t any such thing as a dumb question. I guess she was wrong about that.

I want the program to grow and be the best it can be. It is NOT wrong to ask what is going on!!! If the YWH Payout doesn’t go up after a surplus(?) of money comes in, it confuses me.
PCH 3 Bawls Deep

Jed Finley
Gold Member
PKC Name: Jed Finley
City, State: Bethany, MO
PKC Member Since: 26 Mar 2001
Annual Membership Expires: 04 May 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $197,589

Postby Jed Finley » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:34 am

There has been a lot of us that have worked and donated to build an account and our money was for cash proceeds and payouts not picking someone else’s tab that bailed out! That ain’t on us that is on PKC they should pick up that tab! Not the account that was built with good management and PEOPLE THAT ACTUALLY GIVE A $-!! That’s what pi$$es me off!!
HOF NCH PCH STYLISH TRADER
PCH AFTER SHOCK
SS CH PCH DIGGIN UP BONES
PCH POURIN RAIN
PCH SENT FROM HELL
PCH HELL RAZOR
GCH WRECK IT RALPH
SCH LONE SURVIVOR
SCH STYLISH BELLA
SCH DEMPSEY DOG
SCH MARIE LEVEAU

Steve Yant
PKC National Director
PKC Name: Steve Yant
City, State: Sikeston, MO
PKC Member Since: 07 Jul 1984
Annual Membership Expires: 30 Jun 2027
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $363,083

Postby Steve Yant » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:34 am

Jed Finley you are 100% correct .The PKC youth fund of today should have nothing to do with a bad debt from past mistakes .
I like one that makes you feel lonely

Return to “General Message Forum”