2012 World Championship

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

R D Carnegie
President/CEO
PKC Name: R D Carnegie
City, State: Franklinton, LA
PKC Member Since: 03 Jan 1984
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $10,483

2012 World Championship

Postby R D Carnegie » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:01 am

Cumberland, OH – The 2012 World Hunt saw a total of 120 entries over the three (3) qualifying rounds at Cumberland, OH on March 23 & 24! A big congratulations goes to Blue and Kenny Wilburn from Piketon, OH! Blue brought home a total of $2,427, a year supply of Purina Dog Food, and Tracker Maxima Complete System! Rick Strickler and Stewart of Wampum, PA challenged Blue in the Final but came up just short in a very close cast. Blue finished with 712½ and Stewart finished with 687½ as the sun was setting Saturday. Blue brought home $1,474, a 6 month supply of Purina Dog Food, and Tracker Maxima Complete System. A big thanks goes out to Earl Meade, Brad Hanners and Brent Thompson for judging the finals. 3rd Place went to Lance Spivey and Pepper of Lafayette, TN. Pepper won $887 and a 3 month supply of Purina Dog Food. 4th Place was earned by Meg and Bill Cox from Wellston, OH. Meg was paid $464 and granted a 3 month supply of Purina Dog Food. The hunters displayed great sportsmanship all weekend long. Your class and love for the sport is truly appreciated!

$12,256 total dollars were paid out over the weekend in the combination of events scheduled for World Hunt Weekend. Our 2012 World Entries nearly doubled over 2011. We look to continue this momentum into 2013. Our regular hunt entries in 2011 doubled from 2010. Hunters are really starting to recognize what PKC has to offer. Don't be surprised if we aren't running for a brand new pick up truck in five years if this momentum keeps up!

None of this could have been possible without the hard work of Frank Miller. Frank and the Southeast Ohio Beagle Club were very prepared and did a fantastic job of hosting the 2012 World! Frank has a true passion for the sport of beagling and has worked very hard at hosting big hunts for other formats over the years. Frank, PKC truly appreciates what you did this weekend! Another huge thanks goes out to Earl Meade, Brandon Haskins, Earl Meade III, Brent Thompson, Brad Hanners, Jeremy Rice, Frank Miller, Raymond Miller, Brandon Dunlap, JR Dunlap and Bob Brattin for volunteering to be Non-Hunting Judges throughout the weekend. You guys made a huge difference in the weekend being a success! We also really appreciate Purina, Tracker and Chuck Prather for sponsoring our events! Your support of PKC Beagling is outstanding! Another special thanks goes to Connie Young and Lance Spivey for your support not only this weekend, but all year long, day in and day out, it couldn't be done without you.

Thanks to everyone that came out over the weekend! Your support of the program is making a huge impact on the organization's success! We'll see you down the road at the hunts.

Thanks,
Tony

2012 World Champion:
Chenoweth Fork Blue.....Kenneth Wilburn

2012 Reserve World Champion:
Strickler's Stewart.....Rick Strickler

3rd Place:
Millsap's Hot Pepper.....Lance Spivey

4th Place:
Old Dirty South Meg.....Bill Cox

SEMI-FINALISTS:
Judges – Earl Meade/Brad Hanners
Pigg Hollow Miss Radio.....Kenny Burk
Logan Elm Gypsey.....Jim McGuire

Judges – Earl Meade/Brent Thompson
Strickler’s Stewart.....Rick Strickler
Millsap’s Hot Pepper.....Lance Spivey
Sugar Runs Rampage “Page”.....Amanda Sias
Little Texas Rusty.....Stacy Garner

QUARTER FINALISTS:
(pictured left to right)
Willie Give Em A Chance.....Tim Hazelwood
Rice’s Primetime Blue Kelley.....Jeremy Rice
Snatch Creek Son.....Todd Wilson
Logan Elm Gypsey.....Jim McGuire

Strickler’s Stewart.....Rick Strickler
Red Ralph.....Brandon Haskins
Meade’s Scooby Doo.....Earl Meade
Pillar Mike.....Harold Pillar

Hurry Up Spank’em.....Hurry Up Kennels.....Brad Hanners
Sugar Runs Rampage “Page”.....Amanda Sias
Devlins Katydid.....Rob Devlin
Do It All Jeff.....Billy Ray Parrish

Bubba.....Dillon Russell
Little Texas Rusty.....Stacy Garner
Meade’s Big Rattler.....Earl Meade
Twin Pines Blue Angel.....Jay Hershberger

H & S I-Pod.....Pete Studer
Dash For Cash.....Amanda Sias
TK’s Rockhill Razorback.....Bob Brattin

Fox Creek’s The Duke.....Frank Miller
Fox Creek’s General.....Mike Weaver.....Jeff Haynes
Clippy’s Down-N-Dirty Ace.....Mike Weaver.....Jeff Haynes

Millsap’s Hot Pepper.....Lance Spivey
Hurry Up Bound for Glory.....Hurry Up Kennels.....Brad Hanners
Talk About Blue Ellie.....Jeremy Newsone
Chenoweth Fork Blue Girl.....Lowline Kennels.....Kenny Wilburn

Shenango Trigger.....William McFarland
Pigg Hollow Miss Radio.....Kenny Burk
Swickert Hills Cosmo.....Scott Bragg
Crow.....Brent Thompson
(812) 868-1900
rdcarnegie@hotmail.com

Robert Dunlap

Re: 2012 World Championship

Postby Robert Dunlap » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:46 pm

guy's i didn't even take a dog and still had a blast.
It was great to get to meet a lot of guy's and see some great hounds.
Frank Miller did an outstanding job pulling off this hunt and guy's i can't say enough
about the hard work of Connie Young.
All i can say is if you didn't come is you really missed out.
Congrats to all who placed and hope to see ya soon.

Lance Spivey
Starting Member
PKC Name: Lance Spivey
City, State: Lafayette, TN
PKC Member Since: 13 Aug 2008
Annual Membership Expires: 29 Jul 2021
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $300

Postby Lance Spivey » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:34 pm

Thanks Bobby for the nice comment. All I can say is Wow, I keep thinking we can't get it any better but it gets better every year and so does the payout. We had 120 dogs entered into the hunt and some of the best competition I ever seen. I WOULD LIKE TO THANK Frank Miller and the Southeastern Ohio Beagle Club for putting on a Wonderful hunt. I would also like to thank everyone who judged through the weekend and stayed over to Judge the final Casts, Big and Little Earl, Brent, Brad and others. Thank you Tony and Connie for the work you do day in and day out for this organization. I would like to thank our sponsors Purina, Tracker and Chuck Prather. Without yall this would not be possible. I would have to say this was one of the best hunts I been to in 29 years of trialing. Hats off to everyone of you.
Lance Spivey
PKC Director "Beagles"
Lance Only Beagles

Connie Young

Postby Connie Young » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:49 pm

I would like to send a Big congratulations to all the winners of the weekend & also to the great dogs & guys that were there but didn't make it through, you still had some great dogs but there was some great dog power there, that was a sure thing. It was really nice meeting alot of very nice folks & putting your faces to your names! All in all, I feel we had a very good weekend. Alot of true sportsman & great houndsmen, that"s alot to be proud of. Look forward to seeing alot of you again soon.
Also, I'd like to say a THANK YOU, to all our Sponsorer's you all help make it happen & also Thanks to Keepin You In Stitches- for a job well done on the shirts & the guys loved having you there for the custom hats. Nice Job. Thanks!

Again, Congrat's & Nice seeing you!
Connie Young

Return to “Rabbit Archives”